4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

Thank heavens this is a Satin formula. It means it fades evenly as the day wears on and you get two shades of lipstick - a deep shiny blackened berry straight out of the bullet in the morning, and a lovely matte pinky mauve by afternoon. They both look lovely on warm dark skins. I match NC 40 in MAC and this is a nice bold colour for the office. It photographs well, stains and transfers about as much a Satin formula would (which is to say coffee cups and lovers' lips) and might bleed into your fine lines if you're not using a lip liner. I do the usual blot-reapply, wearing two layers that last until evening tea. The colour is so beautiful - both strengths are hard to replicate in other lipsticks. But I have found that the new MAC Powder Kiss formula in the shade Burning Love might be a better substitute for me when this tube runs out. The matte look simply suits me better.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

Lovely berry color that works on pretty much every skintone, really. Even though it is a bit vampy, it's possible to make it classy enough. Formula is ok, but I think for a deep color like this I would prefer it to be matte for their long lasting power.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

Now, this may be a big call, but Rebel is probably my favourite MAC lipstick of all time! Rebel is a satin finish, which means that is applies opaque with a slight shine - but is neither totally matte or glossy. It applies easily and is a buildable formula. It can be applied or tapped on lightly for a berry stain or built up to full opacity as a violet tinged berry. The formula is great, it doesn't sink into liplines, bleed or smear. It doesn't dry out my lips either. I believe this would be universally flattering on all skin tones. It really brightens up my NC15 complexion. It is quite a bright colour, but still wearable. It can be worn day-to-day as well as for an evening or special occasion. It lasts well throughout the day, and through eating or drinking. It fades evenly too, and leaves a nice stain on the lips. It wears for around 7 hours before needing a slight touch-up. I would highly recommend this shade to absolutely anyone. It is a MAC cult favourite for a reason.

About reviewer (733 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is one of great MAC lipsticks in my collection. From light shade of plum to dark and deep tone upon how much I apply on my lips, best suits for fall and winter. Truly loved it and already bought 2nd one. I definitely desire that MAC should keep putting it on shelves, b'coz I will re-purchase again and again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Love! The perfect berry purple for fair, cool-toned skin.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

LOVE this chic lipstick. Whenever I wear it, I have someone ask me what it is. It is the perfect hybrid between raspberry & blackberry. It starts if deep & sultry & overtime leaves a lush berry stain. The formula makes lips look plump & hydrated.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium

3 years ago

I'm very fair skinned, and my natural lip color is fairly pigmented, so this color comes out a lovely bright berry on me. It is one of my favorite lipsticks. It's easy to apply, the color is flattering, and people regularly ask me what color it is. I realized recently that I use it more than any of the other MAC colors I have, so much that I've almost used it up completely. The color is buildable...my sister has the same lipstick and prefers to wear it pretty sheer, while I like a more full-color lip, so I layer it a bit to get a more vibrant look. I usually expect to re-apply after eating, but otherwise it has great staying power and is no trouble at all to remove. I love the formula, too. It's very smooth.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

I love this shade, but I hardly ever reach for it. Whenever I'm wearing it, I get loads of compliments but I would have preferred it being a matte finish. On my friends this lasts very long, but on me it fades very quickly. It does stain the lips very nicely, but it just doesn't work for me. It also only looks flattering on me when I am very pale or very tan, but in between those stages it doesn't really work for me.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

Great berry color for day and night and the lasting power is amazing!

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

4 years ago

my favorite fall color, i reach for this lipstick almost everyday during fall and even winter. it's such a beautiful color and i think every skin tone can pull this color

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive