MAC Rebel Lipstick

MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.5

on 9/2/2016 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pulled this bad boy out today and I fell in love all over again with its beauty. Great berry color for day and night and the lasting power is great!

on 8/17/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

my favorite fall color, i reach for this lipstick almost everyday during fall and even winter. it's such a beautiful color and i think every skin tone can pull this color

To Read all 273 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/16/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love this lipstick! Of all my mac lipsticks, this one takes the cake! This is a gorgeous berry pink colour, not too bold for everyday, and leaves a stain like no other! Obsessed with this lipstick and will repurchase it for as long as I live!

on 4/16/2016 9:44:00 AM

I have fair-medium toned skin (yellow undertone, Asian skin) and I love how the colour and texture of this lipstick! The colour stays on well, even after the shine is rubbed off from the lips, the pigment sticks. It's beautiful and feels great. It also doesn't dry out the lips.

on 4/13/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love rebel omg!! This color is very very pretty, it's not drying either. I love how smooth the satin finishes applies and it's very moisturizing. Some people think the color is pinkish but to me it's more of a lovely berry color. I pair this with Mac currant, I also don't fill in my lips with this as I don't see it's needed with this color nor do i want to darken it. It stays on long even after eating and drinking. It does leave a stain on the lips after removing. Definitely will repurchases.

on 2/15/2016 11:45:00 AM

Most beautiful, versatile, longlasting lipstick! It's the perfect berry shade, because it's pigmented enough to be ised on its own, but it changes depending on what you put under it: it can be more purple, more pink or more dark/berry-toned. Ypu basicay buy one lipstick and get 15 dofferent lipsticks. It lasts VERY long, definitely all day long, and leaves a tint. It is not drying at all. BEST LIPSTICK EVER!

on 2/5/2016 5:33:00 PM

A rediscovered favorite. One of those lipsticks that I forget how much I like, until I put it on. Great staying power.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

You want to ramp it up? try this gorgeous shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Rebel goes surprisingly well with my fair-medium, cool - tone skin. Was afraid this would be just another burgundy, but it's not - it's purplish berryish blackish, without a even hint of brown. Despite sometimes patchy application and the hourly or so touch-ups to the middle of my lips, the color and comfort of Rebel make it one of my top lippies.

on 1/9/2016 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Talk about colours that look nothing like the tube!
Rebel is a really unique colour. It looks dark and purple in the tube, starts as berry on my n18 skin, and fades into fuchsia. It literally changes colour on my lips as the day progresses. It's bold but not overwhelming. If you're looking for a more purple lipstick, note that this one definitely has a lot of pink in it (maybe try Amorous if you want it more purple-ish).
The lasting power of this lipstick is like nothing I've seen before - it will fade but it will leave a pretty pink stain that won't disappear even when you eat and drink, and it's the first lipstick I've seen that has never left a stain on the glass while drinking!

Cons: it's drying, you will probably need a lip liner with it as it's hard to apply evenly (mac's Nightingale is an excellent match for a more pinkish look; mac's Vino for more purple-ish), and I think the initial colour (berry) is prettier than the fuchsia it fades into.
Other than that, it's a great and unique lipstick, it's long lasting, and I'm glad I bought it. It looks like nothing else in my collection.

UPDATE: I found that MAC's Craving is a similar color (but lighter) and in a better formula (creemesheen), so if Rebel is too intense/drying for you, maybe check out Craving.