MAC Rebel Lipstick

MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.5

on 7/16/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love this lipstick! Of all my mac lipsticks, this one takes the cake! This is a gorgeous berry pink colour, not too bold for everyday, and leaves a stain like no other! Obsessed with this lipstick and will repurchase it for as long as I live!

on 4/16/2016 9:44:00 AM

I have fair-medium toned skin (yellow undertone, Asian skin) and I love how the colour and texture of this lipstick! The colour stays on well, even after the shine is rubbed off from the lips, the pigment sticks. It's beautiful and feels great. It also doesn't dry out the lips.

To Read all 271 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love rebel omg!! This color is very very pretty, it's not drying either. I love how smooth the satin finishes applies and it's very moisturizing. Some people think the color is pinkish but to me it's more of a lovely berry color. I pair this with Mac currant, I also don't fill in my lips with this as I don't see it's needed with this color nor do i want to darken it. It stays on long even after eating and drinking. It does leave a stain on the lips after removing. Definitely will repurchases.

on 2/15/2016 11:45:00 AM

Most beautiful, versatile, longlasting lipstick! It's the perfect berry shade, because it's pigmented enough to be ised on its own, but it changes depending on what you put under it: it can be more purple, more pink or more dark/berry-toned. Ypu basicay buy one lipstick and get 15 dofferent lipsticks. It lasts VERY long, definitely all day long, and leaves a tint. It is not drying at all. BEST LIPSTICK EVER!

on 2/5/2016 5:33:00 PM

A rediscovered favorite. One of those lipsticks that I forget how much I like, until I put it on. Great staying power.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

You want to ramp it up? try this gorgeous shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Rebel goes surprisingly well with my fair-medium, cool - tone skin. Was afraid this would be just another burgundy, but it's not - it's purplish berryish blackish, without a even hint of brown. Despite sometimes patchy application and the hourly or so touch-ups to the middle of my lips, the color and comfort of Rebel make it one of my top lippies.

on 1/9/2016 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Talk about colours that look nothing like the tube!
Rebel is a really unique colour. It looks dark and purple in the tube, starts as berry on my n18 skin, and fades into fuchsia. It literally changes colour on my lips as the day progresses. It's bold but not overwhelming. If you're looking for a more purple lipstick, note that this one definitely has a lot of pink in it (maybe try Amorous if you want it more purple-ish).
The lasting power of this lipstick is like nothing I've seen before - it will fade but it will leave a pretty pink stain that won't disappear even when you eat and drink, and it's the first lipstick I've seen that has never left a stain on the glass while drinking!

Cons: it's drying, you will probably need a lip liner with it as it's hard to apply evenly (mac's Nightingale is an excellent match for a more pinkish look; mac's Vino for more purple-ish), and I think the initial colour (berry) is prettier than the fuchsia it fades into.
Other than that, it's a great and unique lipstick, it's long lasting, and I'm glad I bought it. It looks like nothing else in my collection.

UPDATE: I found that MAC's Craving is a similar color (but lighter) and in a better formula (creemesheen), so if Rebel is too intense/drying for you, maybe check out Craving.

on 12/27/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Berry colours are in fashion this year, I'm a brunette with cool toned fair skin, a MAC make-up artist talked me into trying this, even though it's not a colour I usually go for.

"Be daring!", he said. "It's going to look fab on you!', he said. I even got a compliment from a group of girls in the store when I tried it. I bought it.

Rebel looks like a deep vampy berry in the tube and like a deep wine colour on my lips, and goes amazingly with white, silvery and light grey outfits, and simple eye make-up, like only black mascara and some crease colour. It's a statement colour.

And then, I took a photo.

BAM! Purple! Purple everywhere! Not the colour of the wine-purple, but the purple-purple, the unnatural purple, the kind of purple I never signed in for! I didn't want that much of a statement.

If you think of buying this, I strongly suggest that you try it AND take a photo of yourself first. It might photograph differently than it looks.

I guess I'll see if I can salvage it with different liners or by mixing it with other lipsticks.

on 12/26/2015 3:30:00 PM

Rubbish at applying lipstick? Don't buy.

Its the usual brilliant smooth texture of MAC lipsticks, a beautiful floral fragrance, yet, the matte texture dries your lips. It sinks into all the crevices but stains well. You would have to keep re-applying to achieve a fully coated look.

It looks a deep berry shade yet I found it a very hot pink which, personally, I didn't like and felt that I wasted my money. Therefore with it being so pigmented if you male a tiny mistake it is extremly hard to rectify and I would suggest a lip liner. But if your a lippy pro, be my guest for this hot pink lip stick.