MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am in love with this lipstick. It is a gorgeous red with blue undertones. I always get compliments when wearing this. It is my all time favorite! It is satiny but has great staying power, doesn't dry out your lips. I am an NC50

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this colour for years! I always get compliments from this colour. Even better its a nice creamy formula that doesn't dry your lips out. You can wear it all year around

To Read all 140 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/3/2016 10:11:00 AM

I love this red blueish lipstick! When I tried it on I fell in love, it just lights up my whole face. It was all I could wear last year and my tube is almost empty. Will repurchase for sure. Only problem, it can sometimes bleed. Other than that, this one checks all the boxes and should definitely be more popular.

on 12/26/2015 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Though I rarely wear red lipsticks, I purchased this two years ago. I could not find a true red for my pigmented lips no matter the brand I purchased. I hated Ruby woo and sent back Russian red. I have repurchased Russian red in hopes that I can line it for a better look. Ruby woo, I line with NYX currant or espresso. Though Ruby woo is an acquired taste for me, it is far from my favorite. No matter how much I exfoliate my lips it still has to be rubbed in the lip for smoothness and it dries my lips out so that is used very rarely.
The moment I found MAC red, I knew I had found my truth. Perfect even color even on my darker upper lip. It is very moisturizing and creamy with a little shine which I am going to figure out how to cut down without ruining the look.This lipstick makes my entire face brighten up; something about the color red just does that. The application lasts a while but gets on anything you put near the lips. Nice purchase for me though.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was the first red lipstick I ever owned and I purchased it while on a school trip when I was 15 years old and I am now 21 and I STILL have it. It's the perfect true red on my medium brown skin and it has a good lasting power. I do own other shades of red lip colors now but I still always bring this out when I want that classic red lip. Still looks just as pretty and feels just as creamy as the day I bought it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am Afro Am, brown skin, dark brown eyes. I LOVE this lipstick. It's perfect for a classic day look, or i can add a gloss to jazz it up at night. Gorgeous.

on 3/5/2015 11:48:00 AM

This is definitely going into my HG of red lipsticks. It was my first time wearing lipstick and I wanted a red one for that classic look. I bought one from Sephora prior to this with the help of the SA there but it turned out really terrible against my skin tone and made me look really scary. After that, I figured MAC was going to be a safer choice and a couple of friends recommended MAC as well. Back then I did not know much about their famous Ruby Woo or Russian Red.

I went to the MAC counter and asked for help picking out a red one citing long wear and non-drying as my requirements. At that time, the matte trend had just taken off and I tried the Archie one which I really loved but realized later on that it was too drying on my lips. So the SA suggested I tried MAC Red from the Satin collection. She swatched it for me and even tested it on my lips and I was instantly won over and got it there and then.

I've been using it since for the past 1.5 years and it's my go-to whenever I want a red lipstick. It really is quite long-lasting, stays on really well and rather pigmented. It's quite creamy and easy to wear, normally a coat or two would suffice, any more and it may be too intense. Just touch up after when needed. There's still quite a substantial amount even after meals and doesn't stain.

on 1/29/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Mac Red is gorgeous!!! It's my FAVOURITE red of all time EVER! On me it's a classic true blue-toned red. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Mac Red lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful pinkish red stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 7/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect! Way better than matte lipsticks.... It's the red every girl should have! You can use it during the whole day, depending on the rest of your make up!

on 5/11/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I prefer the matte lipsticks from Mac but sometimes I do feel like reaching for this one. I would not wear this in the day time because I prefer it as an evening look, being satin and red, so its nice for coffee/drinks at night, very sleek and sophisticated. Its lasting power depends on what you are doing. If you plan on having dinner which involves meats, sauces and grease forget it, there wont be any mac red left on your lips.