Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

3.2

on 12/23/2012 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have bought many many of these over the years (back when it was called Champagne). I always get compliments when I wear it and it is a must have in my perfume collection. I never tire of the smell. Its gorgeous.

on 9/25/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I defintely smell the peach, which is not really ny cup of tea, so this isn't for me. It has a mix of an almost powdery scent to me that I can't put my finger on. Since fragrance is so subjective I would recommend this to someone who likes fruity type perfumes. It is pretty for what it is, it's just not for me.

on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely adore this fragrance, but it can get a touch too loud in the opening so I can only give it a four. Contrary to the previous reviewer, I get an almost straight up peach bellini for most of the life of this scent - which I love. Bright and effervescent, it shines and inevitably makes me happy for a few hours. This doesn't have a strong enough base on me to really count it in the chypre category - when I think of chypres, I'm thinking Diorella, Caline, Jubilation 25. If you were to lay this out on a scale of 1 to ten on where it might fit in a chypre category, I'd put it solidly in the 2 or 2.5 on the scale.

on 12/31/2008 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Blech. Synthetic fruit salad...especially a strong peach note. There is nothing worse than a badly created peach note (though I guess it's supposed to be nectarine). Overly fruity and cloying at any time of year.I do like the hefty bottle, but not the price tag that goes with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

What a curious fragrance Yvresse is. For something supposedly heady with intoxication, there is something very little girl about it like a dressing-up perfume that might be found on a half-sized dresser. I smell a plastic accord like the teat of a pretend bottle, and the comforting vanilla is reminiscent of a woven pink blanket a child might wear to a make-believe market. There is powder, which nods at glamour without fully attaining it, and then there is the complicated effervescence with its nectarine, peachy, melba undertones. Its a dense fragrance, with much sillage, and though Champagne might sound nice in the summer, Id be cautious of not knocking ones self out. Yvresse could be considered a retro pin-up scent in a similar way to Frederic Malles Lipstick Rose, in that there is a cartoonish allure at work here. I smell a kinship with Rochas Femme, which is bolder, with more cumin. I see it being worn by the kind of woman who has a dressmakers mannequin in her bedroom.

on 1/3/2008 4:44:00 PM

Well, I was really disappointed in this fragrance. It smells very harsh on me. Even after I let it drydown it still had a harsh smell on me, like roses that got really old. Oh well this is what I get when I buy something unsniffed!

on 11/3/2006 2:57:00 PM

Positively nauseating.

This is my perfume that I put on when I want to be more "grown-up." I know that this is still a sweet, feminine fragrance, but it's very ladylike compared to Pink Sugar and Spring Flower. : ) Like most of YSL's perfumes, this is lovely and sparkley, very well-done. I got my first bottle as a gift from my cousin and will most likely repurchase when it runs out. Lovely.

on 2/27/2005 10:50:00 PM

Yvresse is one of the few perfumes that actually make me feel happy as soon as I put it on (not unlike that first sip of Champagne!). It is a classic fruity chypre, which is why I love it. The sweetness is tamed by the oakmoss, but the best part is the "fizz" which seems to go right up your nose, giving you a wonderful olfactory thrill.

on 1/1/2005 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A woman walked into work today to buy a perfume and she smelled absolutely and deliciously edible. I asked her what fragrance she had on and it was Yvresse. It doesn't work for me- it makes me smell distinctly like too much pizza- but something with this woman's skin chemistry just made it roar. Musky and intoxicating. I'd give it five stars if it reacted as well with my skin.

Popular Fragrances