Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

on 9/25/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I defintely smell the peach, which is not really ny cup of tea, so this isn't for me. It has a mix of an almost powdery scent to me that I can't put my finger on. Since fragrance is so subjective I would recommend this to someone who likes fruity type perfumes. It is pretty for what it is, it's just not for me.

on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely adore this fragrance, but it can get a touch too loud in the opening so I can only give it a four. Contrary to the previous reviewer, I get an almost straight up peach bellini for most of the life of this scent - which I love. Bright and effervescent, it shines and inevitably makes me happy for a few hours. This doesn't have a strong enough base on me to really count it in the chypre category - when I think of chypres, I'm thinking Diorella, Caline, Jubilation 25. If you were to lay this out on a scale of 1 to ten on where it might fit in a chypre category, I'd put it solidly in the 2 or 2.5 on the scale.

on 7/30/2009 7:54:00 AM

Lovely lovely peach chypre, very much a 'cleaned-up' Rochas Femme to my nose. Peach bellini, yum!

on 2/25/2009 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Yvresse is just a delight to the senses. Beautiful opening note of nectarine then dries down to a peachy chypre. I find the fragrance to be both effervescent and sophisticated at the same time. I purchased a bottle when it first came out and still have some left in my bottle as I only use this for special occasions. Love how the bottle is shaped like a champagne cork and will repurchase.

on 3/29/2007 8:01:00 PM

I love champagne, and YSL captured every aspect of it in this scent. Bubbly sharp top notes, fruity, sweet, and boozy middle notes, and the final dry wine aftertaste in the base notes. So perfect. I love it! Festive, sweet, and fun. Update 6/27/08: Not so good in summer. Even one spritz was cloying. Put it away once it's warm enough for short sleeves.

I will always think of this as Champagne, no matter what name it bears. It will always remind me of Christmas and New Years, it is wonderful for cold-weather festive times, like house parties where there are gingerbread and cinnamon scented candles and simmering mulled cider to contend with. Needs to be applied very sparingly. I can see why some don't like this, since spicy chypre scents are not currently in fashion with the younger set. One certainly needs confidence, style and the right attitude to pull this one off. Definitely not for the timid.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I found a bunch of these (Champagne) at the dollar stores just as YSL was transitioning it to Yvresse. Bought all I could afford at that time, I was but a wee lass. I've used it on and off since college. Still smells like champagne and oddly, cucumbers on me. Carries quite a bit, isn't too fruity or nauseatingly sweet, and I always get compliments.

on 5/26/2006 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, I have oily skin, and on me this scent turns chemical and sour almost right away. I like the concept, to me it really smells like champagne. Just cannot wear it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is definitely a celebration in a bottle. I smell bubbles!! Love it, love the bottle, love everything about it. I was lemming this for years but I thought I was too young to wear it. I'm probably still too young to wear it! But it makes me happy, and that's the main reason I buy fragrance at all :-)

on 10/23/2005 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This reminds me of candy! Though it's classified as being fresh, I find it more sweet than anything else. I'm considering the possibility of using it again.

Popular Fragrances