Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

3.6

I am so lucky , once again I scored a vintage very rare one , with champagne written on it ..I sprayed it on my wrist immediately as I got home , oh my so unique and powerful , certainly an old school , well made juice , chypre- fruity isn't usually my cup of tea in perfumes , but I wouldn't have left that great opportunity to score this with such a price ..People say it smells like champagne cocktails , or a fruity champagne , I don't indulge in alcohol or smelled champagne before , but I do think this what expensive champagne should smell like ...

on 12/23/2012 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have bought many many of these over the years (back when it was called Champagne). I always get compliments when I wear it and it is a must have in my perfume collection. I never tire of the smell. Its gorgeous.

on 11/27/2012 9:46:00 AM

My favorite perfume! My mother-in-law introduced me to this in its old bottle (Champagne) and I fell in love with it! Now, there is no other perfume good enough, this is the one I wear everyday and always get compliments on it :) It's very distinctive and original not like most perfumes these days. I can't really explain the smell but its just beautiful!

on 9/25/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I defintely smell the peach, which is not really ny cup of tea, so this isn't for me. It has a mix of an almost powdery scent to me that I can't put my finger on. Since fragrance is so subjective I would recommend this to someone who likes fruity type perfumes. It is pretty for what it is, it's just not for me.

on 8/29/2010 2:53:00 AM

I first had this when I was quite young (when it was Champagne) and always had fond memories of it. I always notice it when I smell it on somebody else and it always smells so sparkly and delicious. I decided to buy it again recently. and it's lovely and warm and fizzy peachy. It's a pretty heavy scent so you need to apply lightly, which I never do because I'm a terrible over-sprayer. I probably wouldnt get it again, but i did enjoy reliving it for a while.

on 8/25/2010 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Paler than I thought it'd be. Nectarine, light rose, a nice stable base that's too indefinite to describe but is probably mossy wood or the ghost of mossy wood. Very faint. I was expecting something glittering and golden, with an original name like Champaign, but this is not really it. Still, I find myself trying it again. Perhaps it is growing on me. Nice, but didn't strike me as particularly spectacular and yet....I'll have to keep sampling.

on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely adore this fragrance, but it can get a touch too loud in the opening so I can only give it a four. Contrary to the previous reviewer, I get an almost straight up peach bellini for most of the life of this scent - which I love. Bright and effervescent, it shines and inevitably makes me happy for a few hours. This doesn't have a strong enough base on me to really count it in the chypre category - when I think of chypres, I'm thinking Diorella, Caline, Jubilation 25. If you were to lay this out on a scale of 1 to ten on where it might fit in a chypre category, I'd put it solidly in the 2 or 2.5 on the scale.

on 12/25/2009 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My little black dress scent. Meaning one: I wear it for my little black dress(es actually, I'm a sucker for these :). Meaning two: this is the little black dress of the fragrances (at least for me).
Reading all the reviews, I've got the impression as there should be two different Yvresses, a light, dry, effervescent peach bellini one, and a rich, full bodied, sweet fruity-chypre. Guess, it's about body chemistry again. With mine the second Yvresse-face turns out. And how I love this face! Absolutely elegant, but not in a cool, unresponsive way. The opening's fresh, juicy peach note grows and ripens with time and mellows into a lush, warm, heavy chypre base (probably it's just my silly nose but in the drydown sometimes I can smell something sweet coconutty as well).
It conjures around me a vintage, timeless aura, if you know, what I mean.

on 12/24/2009 12:49:00 AM

this is an acquired taste, however I LOVE IT, one spray is enough. Reminds me of christmas time, it is happy and cheerful and sweet.

on 10/28/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gretchen 76 hit the nail on the head. This is fruit salad. In a bottle. With remarkable staying power. Annoying and cloying.

Popular Fragrances