Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

4.2

on 7/28/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wish wish wishhhh I could get a vintage bottle of Yvress, such an exquisite creation! That's another whole dimension of fruity perfumes. A chypre heavy on the FRESH peach, apricot and nectarine (unlike Tresor) that's still classy and grown up - they don't make them this way anymore (oh, I sound like my grandmother and I'm still 25)
It's interesting that Yves Saint Laurent changed the name from Champagne to Yvresse because of lawsuits filed by French producers of the sparkling wine that originally bore the name.

According to my nose Yvress opens with a heavy blast of the aforementioned fruits (did I stress it enough that they smell incredibly natural?) and a touch of mint. Then lots of cinnamon is revealed and the warmth of it makes a fantastic contrast with the mint and the fruits. This is a strong scent that won't pass unnoticed, gets loads of compliments and lasts forever.
During the drydown I can smell lots of oakmoss too. I know oakmoss might not appeal to the young audience and will be banned from perfumes soon because of IFRA and allergies - it really makes me sad because it's such a sophisticated note! There are other notes too like litchi, rose caraway, violet, carnation, patchouli, amber, jasmine, benzoin, iris, anise, coconut, vetiver, cedar, vanilla, musk, styrax ans lily of the valley. Although they are not that prominent to my nose they really contribute with their subtle nuances and contrasts, it's a real olfactory symphony. Bows to Sophia Grojsman!

Yvress does smell unique and sparkling, it's a powerhouse and a total beauty!
Did I just say ''does''? I meant ''did'' and it hurts me to say so. The new (2011) formulation ''La Collection'' packaged in the white blocky bottle is just madiocre. The top notes were almost the same and I was hopeful. But after a certain amount of time I only get a far cry from the original. Looked at the notes too and there are just peach, litchi, patchouli, violets and rose. Imagine Capella Sistina without colors.

I can't even wear it - although it's still better than most fruity perfumes out there - because I remember what a breathtaking beauty it was and how they ruined it. I have no words for this crime.

on 1/26/2012 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was my first "real" perfume purchase when I was in my early 20's. It was my signature and the only scent that I wore. It still holds a special place in my heart and fragrance wardrobe. For me this scent is a little black dress and high heels, but on the flip of that, I can and have worn it with jeans and a tank top. With it's bright sparkling top notes, warm cozy dry down and the luscious floral heart, it is a dichotomy of playfulness and sophistication. I still have a bottle of the original, when it was called "Champagne", and it just gets better with age as a great perfume should do. The sillage is just right, haloing around the wearer and the lasting power is amazing. While I don't wear it any longer, I still hold onto that bottle and give it a sniff on occasion and smile at all the memories it holds.

on 12/25/2009 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My little black dress scent. Meaning one: I wear it for my little black dress(es actually, I'm a sucker for these :). Meaning two: this is the little black dress of the fragrances (at least for me).
Reading all the reviews, I've got the impression as there should be two different Yvresses, a light, dry, effervescent peach bellini one, and a rich, full bodied, sweet fruity-chypre. Guess, it's about body chemistry again. With mine the second Yvresse-face turns out. And how I love this face! Absolutely elegant, but not in a cool, unresponsive way. The opening's fresh, juicy peach note grows and ripens with time and mellows into a lush, warm, heavy chypre base (probably it's just my silly nose but in the drydown sometimes I can smell something sweet coconutty as well).
It conjures around me a vintage, timeless aura, if you know, what I mean.

on 7/12/2009 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is pure memory in a bottle for me. This is the only fragrance my mother wore. Ever.
Back then it was still called Champagne.
It fit my mum like nothing else, an elegant, glamourous,smart and funny woman with very long dark blonde hair, big, BIG turquoise eyes, tall and very feminine who would ALWAYS wear bright red chanel lipstick and long floating skirts. She even put red lipstick and this fragrance on in the hospital shortly before she died 10 years ago.
I still have her personal bottle, I smell it when I need comfort or feel sad, it always works.
I tried to wear it myself many times but it just smells so different on me than what I remember smelled on her when she came flying into my room to kiss me good night and the scent stayed in the room long after she was gone.
This smells of love, laughter joy and beauty.
I can imagine this on every woman, every age, who has a good sense of humor and is confident to wear an unusual fragrance you don`t smell often. It`s fizzy, luxurious, fun, warm and at the same time very sophisticated. And I agree, I`d also put it in the pin-up, parfumery parfume (eg. Lipstick Rose (which I adore)) direction.
This has amazing sillage and lasting power. It lasted 10 years on me. ;-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

What a curious fragrance Yvresse is. For something supposedly heady with intoxication, there is something very little girl about it like a dressing-up perfume that might be found on a half-sized dresser. I smell a plastic accord like the teat of a pretend bottle, and the comforting vanilla is reminiscent of a woven pink blanket a child might wear to a make-believe market. There is powder, which nods at glamour without fully attaining it, and then there is the complicated effervescence with its nectarine, peachy, melba undertones. Its a dense fragrance, with much sillage, and though Champagne might sound nice in the summer, Id be cautious of not knocking ones self out. Yvresse could be considered a retro pin-up scent in a similar way to Frederic Malles Lipstick Rose, in that there is a cartoonish allure at work here. I smell a kinship with Rochas Femme, which is bolder, with more cumin. I see it being worn by the kind of woman who has a dressmakers mannequin in her bedroom.

on 8/20/2007 7:34:00 PM

To me this was a complete let down. I love champagne, I love its effervescence, and I love its dry zip on the tongue. Never have I ever had champagne that reminds me of grape jolly ranchers, but this does. Perhaps I've just been fortunate in my champagne choices. Shudder. Scrubber.

Popular Fragrances