Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)

Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (Champagne)
Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)Yvresse (Champagne)

3.9

on 10/28/2002 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Green, fruity top notes are nice. However it has a very musky dry down as the base notes emerge and I start wanting to head for the sink to wash it off. For the past few years, aggressive musk is something I do not care to smell. I used to wear this once in a while, only the perfume, and mildly enjoyed it, however I don't enjoy it anymore. It had that "perfumey" smell I can't stand. Nothing unique, just perfume. I revisited, and it just didn't work now.

on 12/29/2002 9:26:00 PM

A light,pretty and sweet fragrance in a clever,lovely bottle--definitely for those who like delicate, feminine scents; also dry-down is subtle, yet long-lasting. I'm still sniffing the wrist I tested this on hours ago. Via sephora.com:
Blend:
Fruity.
Notes:
Nectarine, Anise, Mint, Otto Rose, Blue Rose, Lychee, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Vetiver.
Style:
A lively, joyful blend of fruity and floral notes that celebrates the modern woman.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually don't like fruity, sweet fragrances but I love this one : it makes me feel happy when I wear it. Kids love it : I've had as much compliments from children as from men when wearing it !

on 1/13/2004 10:31:00 PM

I bought this beautiful perfume back in the fall of 1994 when it debuted. Wow, didn't know the name had changed and the prior reviewer really seems to know her stuff, I thank her for the info. I have always loved this, it smells and the bottle does resemble a fine champagne bottle. It does indeed smell like a very fine and dry champagne, the best! I have always adored this stuff and would purchase again.

on 1/26/2004 11:42:00 AM

Worst - strong, sweet, with a terrible perfumey smell that lasts hours and hours (unfortunately, the staying power is excellent). Did you read "Great Expectations", by Dickens? Well, if I would have to give a fragrance to Ms. Nora Dinsmoor, I would give this one. If I gave 2 lipsticks is because of the fact that it doesn't smell cheap, and also for its staying power. My God, I have to wash it off !!! Help !

on 3/12/2004 5:42:00 AM

This is for the Eau Legere Version** I find that the normal Yvresse EDT strength is very strong and almost cloying on my skin, but if anyone agrees with this, then I urge you to try the Eau Legere version. It's like a layer of sweetness is stripped, and all you are left with are the pure natural sweetness of the fruits, with a sheer sparkling overlay. And you can find it pretty cheap NIB on discount sites!

Oh boy...ick! If this doesnt smell like an "old woman" I dont know what does.

Its srong...really strong. Reminded me of walking into a BINGO hall, filled with people, and the mixes of all their scents.

Not my style...strong, deep & musty smelling, IMO. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My all time favourite scent, ever since it came out--has it been ten years already?? I had a bit of a crisis when they changed the name, I thought it had been discontinued. It just smells 'bubbly' and happy, yet sophisticated--just so different, in a good way, from all other scents (except, I must admit, that demeter ginger-ale reminds me of this with respect tot the 'bubbles')

on 10/2/2004 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been wearing this for years and I always get compliments from men. It must just work with my body chemistry, as people seem to follow me around, trying to smell the back of my neck. Fruity, a little musky, warm and very feminine. Despite the "Champagne" connection, there's no little effervesence--it's more earthy. It's definitely a "love it" or "hate it" scent.

on 1/1/2005 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A woman walked into work today to buy a perfume and she smelled absolutely and deliciously edible. I asked her what fragrance she had on and it was Yvresse. It doesn't work for me- it makes me smell distinctly like too much pizza- but something with this woman's skin chemistry just made it roar. Musky and intoxicating. I'd give it five stars if it reacted as well with my skin.

Popular Fragrances