MAC Amorous

MAC Amorous

4.3

on 6/6/2016 7:14:00 AM

If I had to have only one or two lipsticks, Amorous would be one of them. On my nw20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair, brown eyes, pigmented rosey brown lips) this is a stunning mauved berry shade. MAC describes it as a "Lovestruck Cranberry", but while cranberry captures the deepness of the shade, it implies more red than what I see in this shade. On me, it is a purple side of berry toned mauve (pinkish brown undertone to it). On some this will look like a browned plum (but I don't see that much of a red tone on me). I can see this coming off dark or too fallish on lighter featured people. But this is perfection with my fair skin and dark features. It is a slightly darker, mlbb shade on me. This reminds me sooo much of NYX's LaLa but softer & tamer...working all year round on me. LaLa is my favorite fall lippie but can be too fallish during other parts of the year. That is when Amorous comes in. How others wear Plumful, Captive or Craving...is how I wear Amorous. It is deeper, less bold & bright than Captive, which skews a brighter more red/pink toned berry on me (not a purple berry). It doesn't even compare color wise to Plumful and Craving which are warmer toned and brighter.

on 1/3/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was amazed to see that this came off as dark purple on me. Really not what I was expecting! The colour was actually nice and but a bit darker than I wanted. It's a nice dark shade. For the reference I'm n18-nc20.

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/16/2015 9:30:00 PM

This is a perfect fall/window lip color for me. I am a NC35 and this lip color isn't too dark or vampy but it still gives me the look I want. It's a reddish cranberry color with a little bit of purple. The satin finish is perfect - not glossy or matte. It's not drying. It goes on smoothly on the lips. The color is so pigmented and last pretty long. I am loving it!

on 12/7/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I've been on a semi-permanent hiatus from MAC, since I have a most adequate MAC collection. I went in to repurchase a couple of my staples and, of course, I had to look around. I spotted Amorous sitting off to the side of the main lipstick display with some other lippies and I was intrigued so I swatched it. I immediately fell in love with the color, remembered I had my empties in my car and ran out to get them so that I could B2M for this. I've been rocking this one non-stop for a few days now (which is unusual for me. I like to switch it up.). I put a little Star Nova Lipglass on top and just stare at myself, lol! Absolutely beautiful color that others here have described very well.

on 9/18/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SKIN BACKGROUND: Very fair, sensitive, cool/blue undertones, mild rosacea, smooth.
PRICE: $17
FINISH: Satin
LASTING POWER: Amazing!! Lasts multiple hours especially with lipgloss on top!
PACKAGING: Mac Lipsticks are adorably packaged.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: A million times yes
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my everyday lipstick look. Absolutely my favorite lipstick atm. So comfortable and not dry whatsoever.
FINAL CONCLUSION: Absolute fave!!!

xoxo ~Katy

on 7/20/2015 1:19:00 PM

Amorous is a browny-plum MAC Satin that doesn't come off as red, ever. It's a beautiful lipstick, and more versatile than you might think. The shade itself is incredibly flattering, and the formula is amazing, so let's just get these things out of the way.

Dark without being harsh, daytime vampy -- and at night it just looks like you're the coolest chick in the place. It's a unique shade (not brown, not berry, not red, not purple, not plum, not mauve, but somehow all of these things at once), and very well done at that. It strikes a perfect balance between classy/sexy/trendy without looking like you're trying too hard that I really appreciate.

-In summer, when I'm tan, it's almost a neutral on me. An "up the ante" neutral, if you will
-Will fulfill most fall goth lip ambitions
-Make a *gorgeous* stain when sheered out and blended with your finger
-Lasts forever on the lips, wears evenly, doesn't settle into lines
-Doesn't need a liner
-Can work with a lot of eye makeup if you'd like (i.e. it's not TOO much lip on its own)
-But if you're low on time, swipe it on and it's all you'll need

<3 Amorous!

TIP: Revlon's Plumalicious lipstick is, indeed, very similar to Amorous so check that out if you're intrigued and on a budget. I have both. I still just love Amorous, though.

on 6/29/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this lipstick! It's a beautiful shade of purple that compliments warmer skin tones. I have quite tanned skin and pink lips so this shade looks natural on me. It's easy to apply (it's in their satin collection so not too creamy or matte) and very build-able, so you can definitely go for a more dramatic/gothic look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this color! It's not very dark, but it looks rich and velvety on my lips. I like the texture and the appearance too - it's soft and smooth but not shiny. Suitable for both day and night.

Day - apply it over a layer of lipbalm
Night - apply it over a layer of matching lip pencil

on 1/29/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Amorous is gorgeous!!! This is my go to winter lipstick! On me it's a deep plum with a just a hint of brown in it. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Amorous lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful midtone plum stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!! I would absolutely recommend this shade to people who are trying out a vampy shade for the first time as this one is deep without being too dark and is very very flattering.

I bought this and then returned it a week later. It's a realy pretty plum color that is muted/browny/grey enough to not be TOO noticeable or in your face. But it's just too dark to pulll off and I don't think i'd ever wear it, except on occasion maybe in the fall. But yeah, it's too dark.