MAC Amorous

MAC Amorous

4.3

on 5/8/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I managed to snag a MAC lipstick, normally $17, for a slightly cheaper price. The color is a deep pink or plum color. It is a beautiful color, but I was hoping that it was more red. The product wears off with food and drink and it does not last as long as a matte would (this one is satin). I do like the lipstick, but the maintenance of reapplying when there are longer-lasting options is why I do not think I will repurchase it.

on 1/15/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I see Amorous as a lighter version of Heroine on me, comparing it with photos on the net and my H's dupes, since I don't own H.

A beautiful plum with hints of rose/pink on my lips, which are half light pink half medium brown (NC43-NC45 skin in the olive side). It has a semi-matte finish on me that lasts for 3-4h depending on what i am doing. I am a teacher. So, i speak a lot and matte lippies tend to stay longer. It doesn't survive a full meal, but i do remove my lippie before eating.

It doesn'tvbleed or father despite not being fully matte. Contrary to matte lipstick, it can be applied over the lipstick already in the lip if needed. I prefer to always remove and start fresh.

Amorous is great for a everyday use.

on 10/1/2016 5:20:00 PM

This is a true neutral to cool toned plum on me. Perfect for fall. But I have a lot of lipsticks that are a similar color. I was really hoping this had more red in it.

on 6/6/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amorous is very similar to MAC's Captive but cooler, less red, more fall / berry. On my nw20, deep winter complexion (almost black hair, brown eyes, pigmented rosey brown lips) this is a stunning mauved berry shade. MAC describes it as a "Lovestruck Cranberry", but while cranberry captures the deepness of the shade, it implies more red than what I see in this shade. On me, it is a purple side of berry. On some this will look like a browned plum (but I don't see that much of a red tone on me). I can see this coming off dark or too fallish on lighter featured people (for them Captive or Craving would be better choices). But this is perfection with my fair skin and dark features. How others wear Plumful, Captive or Craving...is how I wear Amorous. It is deeper, less bold & bright than Captive, which skews a brighter more red/pink toned berry on me (not a purple berry). It doesn't even compare color wise to Plumful and Craving which are warmer toned and brighter.

on 1/3/2016 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was amazed to see that this came off as dark purple on me. Really not what I was expecting! The colour was actually nice and but a bit darker than I wanted. It's a nice dark shade. For the reference I'm n18-nc20.

on 12/16/2015 9:30:00 PM

This is a perfect fall/window lip color for me. I am a NC35 and this lip color isn't too dark or vampy but it still gives me the look I want. It's a reddish cranberry color with a little bit of purple. The satin finish is perfect - not glossy or matte. It's not drying. It goes on smoothly on the lips. The color is so pigmented and last pretty long. I am loving it!

on 12/7/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I've been on a semi-permanent hiatus from MAC, since I have a most adequate MAC collection. I went in to repurchase a couple of my staples and, of course, I had to look around. I spotted Amorous sitting off to the side of the main lipstick display with some other lippies and I was intrigued so I swatched it. I immediately fell in love with the color, remembered I had my empties in my car and ran out to get them so that I could B2M for this. I've been rocking this one non-stop for a few days now (which is unusual for me. I like to switch it up.). I put a little Star Nova Lipglass on top and just stare at myself, lol! Absolutely beautiful color that others here have described very well.

on 9/18/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SKIN BACKGROUND: Very fair, sensitive, cool/blue undertones, mild rosacea, smooth.
PRICE: $17
FINISH: Satin
LASTING POWER: Amazing!! Lasts multiple hours especially with lipgloss on top!
PACKAGING: Mac Lipsticks are adorably packaged.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: A million times yes
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is my everyday lipstick look. Absolutely my favorite lipstick atm. So comfortable and not dry whatsoever.
FINAL CONCLUSION: Absolute fave!!!

xoxo ~Katy

on 7/20/2015 1:19:00 PM

Amorous is a browny-plum MAC Satin that doesn't come off as red, ever. It's a beautiful lipstick, and more versatile than you might think. The shade itself is incredibly flattering, and the formula is amazing, so let's just get these things out of the way.

Dark without being harsh, daytime vampy -- and at night it just looks like you're the coolest chick in the place. It's a unique shade (not brown, not berry, not red, not purple, not plum, not mauve, but somehow all of these things at once), and very well done at that. It strikes a perfect balance between classy/sexy/trendy without looking like you're trying too hard that I really appreciate.

-In summer, when I'm tan, it's almost a neutral on me. An "up the ante" neutral, if you will
-Will fulfill most fall goth lip ambitions
-Make a *gorgeous* stain when sheered out and blended with your finger
-Lasts forever on the lips, wears evenly, doesn't settle into lines
-Doesn't need a liner
-Can work with a lot of eye makeup if you'd like (i.e. it's not TOO much lip on its own)
-But if you're low on time, swipe it on and it's all you'll need

<3 Amorous!

TIP: Revlon's Plumalicious lipstick is, indeed, very similar to Amorous so check that out if you're intrigued and on a budget. I have both. I still just love Amorous, though.

on 6/29/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this lipstick! It's a beautiful shade of purple that compliments warmer skin tones. I have quite tanned skin and pink lips so this shade looks natural on me. It's easy to apply (it's in their satin collection so not too creamy or matte) and very build-able, so you can definitely go for a more dramatic/gothic look.