Aura Cacia Protecting Sesame Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Other
No Image

1 review

on 9/6/2012 7:59:00 PM

Sesame oil is being heralded as "The queen of oils" for the skin here in this article. Thought this was interesting reading.
All I knew is that the oil is branded by Neutrogena was expensive and had a very odd smell that turned me off. So I read the attached article and started looking at alternative brands with no fragrance and that had a lower price point.

The Aura Cacia brand does not only practice sustainability, they test all oils using the new gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) -- that insures the highest quality oils available. They also offer oils that are certified organic.

These details were not as important to me back in the day, but because MUA and working with food scientists irl, I'm just more aware of what I put in and on my body.
I figure if my biggest organ is my skin, if it's protecting me from elements, etc. I'd better help it stay healthy. I also think this can be accomplished without spending tons of money.

I use the sesame oil right after a shower while the skin is still wet. A few drops go a long way. My skin is super dry and this gives me a head start to sealing in moisture before I apply my regular body lotion or cream. Even on dry skin, it makes my skin feel really silky and soft and leaves a nice sheen. This brand has no odor and includes Vitamin E, another nourishing oil for the skin.

I paid under $4.00 US for 4 fluid ounces. I feel good knowing that the oil is pure and simple and best of all does what it is supposed to do. It does not interfere with perfumes and absorbs quickly so that I can get dressed without fear of the oil transferring unto my clothes.

Popular Bath Treatments