Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine 5 in 1 Serum Spray

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine 5 in 1 Serum Spray

2.4

Isobutane, Isopropyl myristate, Alcohol denat., Paraffinum liquidm/Mineral oil, Octyldodecanol, VP/VA copolymer, Argania spinosa oil/Argania spinosa kernal oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Amyl cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

This is my first hair serum that comes in a spray bottle. I would assume that it has no holding power like how other hair spray does, because it is meant to be a serum but in a form of spray. Garnier range usually comes with loads of goodness of other oils (not only argan oil), but also apricot or olive oil which they mix them all up in a bottle. But in this spray, they add in mineral oil. I am not sure what is the purpose of putting in the mineral oil, perhaps, it works as a moisturiser and barrel to block the moisture in the hair from escaping or the humidity of the weather to penetrate into the hair follicles which will make hair looks messy and frizzy.

The nozzle/spray so far functions well. No breakage, no malfunction (finger crossed) and hopefully it can last till I have finished up this bottle. There are so many reviews underneath which are more of complaining this product does not claim what it is meant to be, it only makes their hair gross and greasy and too oily even with just one spray. Well, this is the main cause which makes me want to buy it. I prefer hair serum that is oily and heavy as this is the only way to calm and eliminate all the unwanted frizz and roughness. My hair can handle most of the oily and heavy products without making it looks or feel greasy. I have made an error that I have firstly used it on damp hair ( I do not read the instruction thoroughly) and the result is just quite disappointing. It does not kill much of the frizz and my hair does not shine like a diamond as what it supposes to be as per Garnier's advertisement.

For my second attempt onwards, I use it on my totally dry hair (after oiling my hair with a few drops of The Body Shop Beautifying Oil and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil and flat iron it). Please be reminded that I really have hair like lion mane and it does not behave and calm down. My hair is not presentable and gets in awkward waves if I do not use any oil or serum and flat iron it. After using of so many types of oils or serums on my hair, my hair is still of free moving, no sticking together like I have not been washing my hair for ages. You can imagine how dry my hair is. I will spray two sprays on my palm, rub it then only I apply it on my hair. The result is so much of a difference compared to using it on damp hair. It works so well on dry hair (as instructed on the bottle) that my hair is instantly smooth and I cannot feel much of the frizziness when I touch my hair! Honestly, I am so surprise with the result and I love it so much!!!! This is definitely one of the greatness product from Garnier haircare range. I usually use up to 5 sprays on my hair as a finishing product and it does not weigh down my hair at all. I have tried it under humid weather, hot and sweaty plus a little bit of drizzling. But my hair remains smooth and most of the frizz does not get reactivate. Sometimes, I am quite greedy and my hair might hunger for more smoothness and shine so I decided to use some of it on my hair the next day. Now, there comes the oiliness and greasy part - it will make my hair greasy but not too serious or obvious, it will still make my hair sleek and shine but a little bit oily that my hair tends to clump together. Oh well, just another tried and error that will happen occasionally.

I have no problem with the scent/smell of this product, it smells just like other Garnier haircare product, fruity, fresh and sweet and very feminine. Nothing too overpowering or irritating. I was hoping that it can last longer and the scent/smell could be stronger. It smells a bit too light for me. I will buy this product again since I notice that Garnier USA has in fact, discontinued this product and substituted with some other products which they claim would have worked and performed better. I might be one of the few customers that are willing to buy it in triplicate packages just to store it for my future use. I will not able to get any of this when the old stocks are gone!!

No harm to give it a try if you have nasty and stubborn hair which likes to go the opposite way as supposed the way you want it to be. Remember to use it on dry hair, you can surely notice that the result is so outstanding and satisfying. Please do not use it too much on your first few attempts when you get this product (I know how people can get excited and overzealous when they first want to try out a new product, especially when you are in a long searching journey of a hair product that can help your hair and perform well to your satisfaction), I am sure you can slowly adjust and realise the amount of sprays that you need for your hair to make it just nice to touch, with great smoothness plus lots of shine!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I must admit, I am shocked at the less than flattering reviews for this serum!! It's even more surprising, because I'm usually pickiest with styling products.
I got this for literally a dollar at the 99 cent, and recently picked up a second bottle because I get the distinct impression this might not be around much longer. The bottle is BIG, and I find the packaging to be easy to use. The scent was strong but not unpleasant, and it fades quickly.
Basically this is a hair serum, for frizz control and shine, I don't know why they had to complicate things by saying this is a 5-in-1, maybe that's where the disappointment is coming from. I've never used this on wet hair, only on dry hair after styling, and it reduced frizz and indeed made my hair sleek and shiny. It didn't weigh down my style or grease up my hair, in fact I wish it had stayed on my hair a little longer, because it made it look really nice!
If you have oily or thin hair, I can see how a product like this might give you some trouble, but if you're dealing with frizz or dryness, or just trying to tame flyaways, this is a must-have for the price.

on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

I love this stuff&makes my hair soft&shiny&I have bad curly hair.&this helps with the frizz.Im back soon a great hair styling tip after you towel dry your hair spray sleek&shine all over your damp hair&blow dry...., man it makes my hair soooo soft&smooth&if course..., SHINEY!!

on 8/8/2014 6:04:00 PM

Ughh I am incredibly disappointed and I so wish I had read up on it before buying this because I completely agree with so many of these reviews. Often the reviews will be very different and misleading because of different hair types and ways of application. With this product I feel like most of us had the same experience. It made my hair so greasy and I barely used any of it. I usually love Garnier and after seeing this advertised on television I was very excited to purchase it. It was pricey for the drugstore but I was convinced it would be worth it. I even tried applying it first to my hands and then to my hair, it didn't matter whether my hair was wet or dry it made my hair so greasy I wonder how this product was even released to the public. The nozzle also malfunctioned in only the few times I used this spray, not sure if this is a common complaint or if it was just my bottle but it doesn't really matter because the product is awful anyway. I would really like to know if there is any way to use this product so I can at least have a chance at getting my moneys worth. There are a few positive reviews and I saw a mention of it working with ponytails and buns but I just do not see that happening. This stuff is beyond greasy, I'm so mad at myself for not reading reviews beforehand.

Seriously, this stuff is awful.

I just sprayed it on freshly-washed hair and it made it look like an oil slick. I might as well not have even bothered washing my hair, and I'm currently doing damage control. Avoid.

Makes my hair too oily. I like it for styling updos like buns though.

on 3/6/2014 8:25:00 PM

Was not very satisfied with this product. i like most of garnier products but this one left my hair greasy and oily looking. No matter if i used it on my dry or wet hair it still didn't do anything for me. Probably why they discontinued. At least at my local walmart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't really have a strong opinion towards this product. It did not benefit my hair in any way but it also did not hurt my hair in any way. I didn't very much like the smell of it, but it also did not linger on my hair. Overall, the product is nothing special.

I was so excited to use this product, but honestly its just oil in a can. Your better off going in your kitchen and putting canola oil all over your hair. It just sits on your hair and does absolutely nothing. I guess it makes your hair shiny (but not like heathly shiny like oily shiny). Really such a waste of money and the commercial is so misleading. Don't even waste your money.

Als this was the first hair serum i ever bought because my hair was getting very dry over the summer. After using this product thought maybe serums jet weren't for me, but after buying the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum (a bit pricey) I realized all the things a serum was supposed to do. I suggest splurging a little for a decent product then wasting you money on this crappola.

on 12/16/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Generally Garnier products work very well on my dry, color-treated hair. But this one does not.
First of all I can't stand the strong smell! It's overwhelming, even though it does disappear after a bit. It did make my hair shine, but it also flattened it, something I absolutely dislike. I like some volume in my hair and Garnier's Mousse gives me that, but not this product.

Lastly, my hair is highlighted, but this product made it look darker whis is the opposite effect of what I pay a lot of money for. Bottom line: I'll pass it on, I would never rebuy it.

Popular Styling Products