Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine 5 in 1 Serum Spray

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine 5 in 1 Serum Spray

2.3

Isobutane, Isopropyl myristate, Alcohol denat., Paraffinum liquidm/Mineral oil, Octyldodecanol, VP/VA copolymer, Argania spinosa oil/Argania spinosa kernal oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Amyl cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I must admit, I am shocked at the less than flattering reviews for this serum!! It's even more surprising, because I'm usually pickiest with styling products.
I got this for literally a dollar at the 99 cent, and recently picked up a second bottle because I get the distinct impression this might not be around much longer. The bottle is BIG, and I find the packaging to be easy to use. The scent was strong but not unpleasant, and it fades quickly.
Basically this is a hair serum, for frizz control and shine, I don't know why they had to complicate things by saying this is a 5-in-1, maybe that's where the disappointment is coming from. I've never used this on wet hair, only on dry hair after styling, and it reduced frizz and indeed made my hair sleek and shiny. It didn't weigh down my style or grease up my hair, in fact I wish it had stayed on my hair a little longer, because it made it look really nice!
If you have oily or thin hair, I can see how a product like this might give you some trouble, but if you're dealing with frizz or dryness, or just trying to tame flyaways, this is a must-have for the price.

on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

I love this stuff&makes my hair soft&shiny&I have bad curly hair.&this helps with the frizz.Im back soon a great hair styling tip after you towel dry your hair spray sleek&shine all over your damp hair&blow dry...., man it makes my hair soooo soft&smooth&if course..., SHINEY!!

on 8/8/2014 6:04:00 PM

Ughh I am incredibly disappointed and I so wish I had read up on it before buying this because I completely agree with so many of these reviews. Often the reviews will be very different and misleading because of different hair types and ways of application. With this product I feel like most of us had the same experience. It made my hair so greasy and I barely used any of it. I usually love Garnier and after seeing this advertised on television I was very excited to purchase it. It was pricey for the drugstore but I was convinced it would be worth it. I even tried applying it first to my hands and then to my hair, it didn't matter whether my hair was wet or dry it made my hair so greasy I wonder how this product was even released to the public. The nozzle also malfunctioned in only the few times I used this spray, not sure if this is a common complaint or if it was just my bottle but it doesn't really matter because the product is awful anyway. I would really like to know if there is any way to use this product so I can at least have a chance at getting my moneys worth. There are a few positive reviews and I saw a mention of it working with ponytails and buns but I just do not see that happening. This stuff is beyond greasy, I'm so mad at myself for not reading reviews beforehand.

Seriously, this stuff is awful.

I just sprayed it on freshly-washed hair and it made it look like an oil slick. I might as well not have even bothered washing my hair, and I'm currently doing damage control. Avoid.

Makes my hair too oily. I like it for styling updos like buns though.

on 3/6/2014 8:25:00 PM

Was not very satisfied with this product. i like most of garnier products but this one left my hair greasy and oily looking. No matter if i used it on my dry or wet hair it still didn't do anything for me. Probably why they discontinued. At least at my local walmart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't really have a strong opinion towards this product. It did not benefit my hair in any way but it also did not hurt my hair in any way. I didn't very much like the smell of it, but it also did not linger on my hair. Overall, the product is nothing special.

I was so excited to use this product, but honestly its just oil in a can. Your better off going in your kitchen and putting canola oil all over your hair. It just sits on your hair and does absolutely nothing. I guess it makes your hair shiny (but not like heathly shiny like oily shiny). Really such a waste of money and the commercial is so misleading. Don't even waste your money.

Als this was the first hair serum i ever bought because my hair was getting very dry over the summer. After using this product thought maybe serums jet weren't for me, but after buying the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum (a bit pricey) I realized all the things a serum was supposed to do. I suggest splurging a little for a decent product then wasting you money on this crappola.

on 12/16/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Generally Garnier products work very well on my dry, color-treated hair. But this one does not.
First of all I can't stand the strong smell! It's overwhelming, even though it does disappear after a bit. It did make my hair shine, but it also flattened it, something I absolutely dislike. I like some volume in my hair and Garnier's Mousse gives me that, but not this product.

Lastly, my hair is highlighted, but this product made it look darker whis is the opposite effect of what I pay a lot of money for. Bottom line: I'll pass it on, I would never rebuy it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Big waste of money. This product does not do what it promises. Instead of making your hair feel smooth, it made my hair feel oily. It did not tame frizz at all or add shine, ugh. It was honestly such a disappointment.

Popular Styling Products