Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser

3.9

Salicylic Acid 1% Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Acrylates Crosspolymer-4, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Disodium Capryloyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, O-Cymen-5-Ol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I started using this cleanser 3 weeks ago, and I my skin looks so good! I struggle with cystic acne, and this has calmed it down drastically. The redness doesn't look as bad and my skin's texture is better. I will continue to use this, and hopefully, my acne will clear up!

on 10/19/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have officially found my HG cleanser after years of looking for one that would tame my very oily skin and my acne. I don't have bad acne but it's very stubborn and nothing seemed to help and get rid of the pimples under my skin. It is very drying so I use it with the aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer and my skin has never felt and looked better. It's not an over night thing, you have to give it some time but gosh is it ever good! LOVE LOVE LOVE this product !!

This product broke me out more and more for the entire 3 weeks that I used it. It is also very drying to the point where my skin was flaking off and I have oily skin. It does lather nice and smell nice. I would not recommend or repurchase.

on 12/22/2015 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought the pads, cleanser and spot treatment in a set from Ulta. I usually swear by Philosophy products but this ruined my skin! I did every step in the routine twice a day, and every part of my forehead was covered in pimples (more than before). I wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work for me :(

on 9/24/2015 1:27:00 AM

I had a very nice beauty associate from the counter do a very relaxing clear treatment facial. I found out I was allergic to it sadly. After my face felt hot. The next day it was red, the day after that- it was still red and my skin was dry and tight and the redness now was risen and almost swollen-like. It itched a bit and hurt. Like my skin nerves were getting touched by fire. Not discouraging this product, just letting people know about my own reaction.

on 8/16/2015 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product has worked, but not well enough for the price of it. I have combination to dry skin, and very acne-prone, and I still get small pimples while using this.

on 5/27/2015 7:55:00 PM

I've used about a few bottles of this cleanser already and plan on purchasing again.
During the summers, I find this to be totally perfect on clearing my acne away. In the cold weather, it can get a little drying (must use a heavy moisturizer). The cleanser smells awesome and is gentle enough to use twice a day. I can't count on this to remove makeup since it stings my eyes and also doesn't remove makeup well.

This is a workable product but did not wow me . can be drying. here is a more detailed two minute review :

I have the most sensitive skin ever and was experiencing some breakouts in places I'd never had before (along hairline, on cheeks). I decided to try this face wash and it has done wonders for my skin. All clear! This is a great product. I even use it on my chest and back.

I don't think this cleanser gets the loves it deserves.
My skin was acting up so badly and out of nowhere as well. I would wake up every morning (for about a month) with new acne all over my cheeks and my chin and forehead-and it was the bright red kind. I was so desperate to find a cleanser to put a freaking END to these breakouts. And well the Clear Days Ahead cleanser saved my skin. Its $21 so I guess it's on the pricier side but honestly it is the best investment you can make to save yourself from breakouts.
Its a thin gel consistency and the smell is delicious!It smells really citrusy so it really makes you feel refreshed when you're in zombie mode washing your face in the morning. But anyway, this cleanser has stopped my breakouts. It has faded away some acne scars, and has overall improved my complexion. Also, it makes your face feel SO clean! Of course, as with any salicylic acid cleanser, it does have a drying-tightening effect but that's no problem at all if you apply a light moisturizer after. So, 5 stars for this life saver. So happy I found it and if your skin reacts well to salicylic acid you will love it too!