Exuviance by NeoStrata CoverBlend Skin Caring Foundation SPF 15

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Big disappointment :(
I love most of the neostrata products, but the exuviance brand is the uglier sister...
I made huge effort to get it, as it is not easy available in Poland and it was all for nothing.
My biggest issue with the foundation is the cakey finish - it literally gets all the nasties from your skin to everyone's attention. Pores, dry skin, mimic lines, etc.
I did comparison test on the top of my hand and compared: meow, hauschka, kanebo, avenue and Diego dalla Palma with this one. All of them, except exuviance, melted into the skin beautifully, while coverblend dried out and left patchy, powdery residue.
I use foundation to make my skin look better, not worse.
I gave it away to my friend, but she tossed it after a week or so, having the same thoughts about it.
Moreover, it made her skin dry and patchy.
Not recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been trying out different foundations in search of one that feels right and this one is working well. It's a bit more coverage than I'm used to (usually tinted moisturizers), I'd consider this medium coverage and if I tap on red areas it easily covers them. It hasn't annoyed my eyes which is a huge plus (blepharitis and ocular rosacea). I noticed if I apply it to thick by the end of the day it will settle in fine lines. However if I blend it out well this doesn't seem to happen. Sorry I'm no help with color match as I'm not good with that, I purchased the Neutral Beige and it does well on my skin. I moisturize lightly before application as my skin is dry. There is a bit of transfer (noticed on my I phone although not as bad as my tinted moisturizer). Adding, I picked up a blender (Ulta brand) and I am really pleased using it to apply this foundation. Overall it just looks so much nicer, it completely changes the way I feel about this foundation, loving it applied with the blender :)