Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15
Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (3.00%), Titanium Dioxide (4.35%); Other Ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Cross Polymer, Isododecane, Dimethiconol/Methylsilanol/Silicate Cross Polymer, Stearic Acid, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/VA Copolymer, Silica Silylate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, BHT, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Sericin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Glycerin, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol Balanites, Roxburghi Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I LOVE this foundation, with a huge caveat. Bottom line: I'm going to use this for the forseeable future, even with my nearly 47 year old skin (see my Notepad for my overall skincare approach and history)

The greats: The color is absolutely correct for my skin, no pink tint, no spotty fading after a few hours. Blends in immediately and I get this gorgeous, glowy skin but with enough coverage for small imperfections (blood vessels, fine lines, etc). Lasts for hours without any need for reapplication or even powdering my nose (I've got combination skin and even in the T-zone, this lasts and lasts). It's just the perfect balance between a moisturizing tint, which I love at home, and a foundation that makes your skin look divine. No shimmer, no glitter, just natural-looking skin with a great glow, not too dry or matte, and not too oily or shiny. No breakouts and I've been using it for months. I feel very confident in a professional setting that my skin looks fantastic, and natural.

The huge caveat: You have to do a lot of work for this to work properly on your skin. If you're 23 and carefree, it's probably not a big deal. But once you're my age, every little pore makes foundation sink into it until your face looks like craters on the Moon. I usually put Avene Emulsion 50+ on my skin generously every day, and this foundation can handle it, but like most foundations looks better without (so I'm risking good skincare if I don't use my sunscreen; I think SPF 15 is for shit, especially considering how little foundation you put on your skin). You definitely need a primer. Even though this foundation is composed of mostly silicones, you need to smooth over your skin first. Finally a good exfoliant on a regular basis will give the best results - as many folks have said, this foundation will make dry patches really stand out, and not in a good way. An exofoliant will take care of that. And you should religiously remove it every night before sleeping given all the 'cones ingredients, the primer, your sunscreen, etc. Otherwise I imagine pore clogging would become a problem.

tl;dr if you already take very good care of your skin, this one is a winner.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4,35%, Octinoxate (Ethyl-hexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00%, Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane crosspolymer, dimethiconol/Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/VA Copolymer, Silica Silyate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone, BHT, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Sericin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphernyl Methylpropional, Glycerin, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Mallow Extract, Hyrdrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol, Balanites Roxburghii Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Ajuga Turkestancia Extract. +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 5/17/2017 1:45:00 AM

This foundation make my skin so dry(now I'm dry year round). I think it will be better for combination/normal skin type. It does last on me for all day at work. The draw back are it make my pores so very noticeable and I got this in shade 030 it look so perfect when you first apply it but after 40 minutes it oxidize darker and give me a line between my face and my neck. I return it and exchange it for my favorite YSL Touche Eclat my favorite foundation. forgot to mention that it hard to spread with finger because the texture is very sticky/tacky better to blend with makeup sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to move this foundation because it made my skin look so damn good; however, over time my skin began to gradually dry out until it was too late! Now I'm back tracking and using heavy moisturizers to fix my cracking (yes, my forehead is cracking dry) skin.

It's beautiful Looking when the color is matched correctly and stippled and buffed into the skin. It looks really good. Maybe, if you have oily skin, this is for you. Otherwise - beware!

on 10/12/2016 6:36:00 PM

I have been using this product for more than 4 years. Still loving it. Gives me a healthy glow. Quite sheer though, so your skin has to be prepped quite well beforehand. Lasts around 9 hours.

This is a light to medium coverage foundation with a dewy natural finish. The texture is quite thin but not runny like nude air. It's relatively easy to blend with a foundation brush. Staying power is average, 4- 5 hours before it starts to wear. My problem is that I can't find the perfect shade (I'm nc 20) and this always happens with Dior foundations. 020 is my shade but it has a pink/neutral undertone. 021 is yellow but it is too dark. 011 isn't available in Australia, it's an Asia exclusive shade. Same thing happened with all the Dior foundations that I have tried and I like Dior foundations, they have beautiful textures and finishes. I actually prefer Dior foundations over Chanel. Cost $86 AUD at Myer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

for me it doesnt worth its price,at this price I would go for lancome or Nars
It blends nicely and It looks natural,the color peach suits my NC 25.30 skin fairly nice and it doesnt come off with sweating but its not long lasting
But again I will rather go for lancome,nars or even mac

on 4/29/2016 4:46:00 PM

I would not pay $10 for this again let alone $50! The color and finish looked great for the first hour but by the second hour it was clinging to dry patches and it turned crazy orange. By the third or fourth hour it was completely gone. I tried applying this multiple ways but could not make it work. Extremely disappointed.

The Diorskin Nude is not an option if you want a special occasion natural foundation, for the first hour it was pretty flawless, but it relentlessly settled into fine lines and pores I didn't even know I had. If you need an amazingly flawless finish your go to needs to be Dior Airflash foundation, I like to apply this with a brush, but if I'm feeling prepared I'll spray directly and Omg it's amazing. I have tried the Dior Star and this definitely outperforms as well. I have the eyeshadow and lipsticks and am terribly disappointed with this as a Dior product. Perhaps I got a dud...hope so.

on 3/1/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Yes, yes and yes again! This is absolutely the best foundation I have tried to date. For reference, I have extremely dry skin especially near my eyes, on my nose and in between my eyebrows. This is the best foundation I have tried for my eczema prone skin. I have never used a foundation that didn't cling to my dry patches on my nose. Typically by the end of the day, the foundation on my nose has gotten cakey, patchy and just looks terrible. When using this foundation I didn't suffer from any of this. This foundation leaves you with a beautiful luminious and dewy finish. My face looks fantastic when I use this foundation. Completely worth the price in my opinion. If you are fed up of your dry skin and looking for a new foundation, please try this one!

on 7/28/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is a beautiful foundation with a dewy glow and sheer-medium coverage. I apply it with my Bobbi Brown foundation brush using circular motions and it melts into my skin. It lasts around 10 hours. I still get oily throughout the day and blot several times, but that doesn't disturb the makeup. I finish with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in number 2 when I want to look flawless, but the coverage is pretty good for everyday wear and I have a lot of acne scars and redness around my nose. The scent is very perfume-like, but it's light and disappears after a while. I am able to take flash photographs without having moon-face because this is a low SPF with an advanced sunscreen. I took my grad portraits with this and my skin looked flawless. I wear number 11 Creme, which is a nice neutral that doesn't oxidize. I warm it up with a dab of Diorskin Forever Flawless in 21 Linen so I can wear it for the whole year. It does catch on dry patches, so make sure to exfoliate and moisturize. I think this foundation is best for normal to slightly oily skin. I have been purchasing this foundation for years even though it's not cheap at around $50 CAD.

I took a lippie off because the last two bottles I bought have had terrible packaging. The pump stops working when there's still a quarter of the product left. I thought it was the one bottle, but now it has happened to two bottles. The top cannot be removed, so there is so much wasted product. It's also difficult to tell how much product is left, but hygienic because of the pump.

Overall it's a good product if you're looking for sheer-medium coverage and a dewy finish. I'm prone to acne and have never had breakouts while using this. I believe I used this even while I was on my course of Accutane (on top of a thick layer of Cetaphil cream). I find that this works better without primer, though it could have been the primer itself that was an issue (Diorskin Pore Minimzer).