SinfulColors Winterberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Winterberry is a lilac-tinged gray shade, with a silverish cast to it. This is one of those polishes I'm not sure how best to describe; In the bottle the formula looks frosty or shimmery, but the shimmer fades into the formula on the nail, for more of a pearlescent/doucrome 'lit from within' finish. China Glaze No Peeking [Happy Holiglaze collection] is a dupe for this polish.

The formula is fast drying, streak-free and it applies over the entire nail on the first coat. It can be opaque in two thicker coats, but I prefer to apply three thinner ones to make sure my peel-prone nails don't leave any bumps. In general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.

Winterberry is not a bad polish and the price is great, but I prefer No Peeking as I don't like the SinfulColor brushes. I don't use my Winterberry bottle anymore since getting No Peeking, and it's on the purge pile.

on 5/9/2015 3:00:00 PM

Full Size Image

This is essentially a neural color, grayish-purple/mauve. The brush is tiny, but that helps a bit since 8 of my toenails are so little! Takes a bit of extra care to apply on the big toe. This is 2 coats finished with Out the Door.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Gah, this color is so freaking pretty! It reminds me of Revlon Perplex/Chanel Paradoxal except with silver and multi-colored shimmer instead of purple. The formula is great too, two easy coats. It is very flattering on my cool skin tone. I have already purchased a back up of it since it is a limited edition color (brought back this fall by popular demand). This is a staple winter color for me, and one of my all time favorites in my 200+ collection. I say pick this up if you can find it :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not an "over the top" color,actually a rich greyish purple that I find very "rich" looking....
This is my go-to when I want a change from my neutral mauvey-rose basic.....
Decent brush and wear.
For $1.99 worth a try!

on 9/3/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this after so many people said it was one of their favorite Sinful colors. Sorry but this is booooooring, it has no pizazz at all; plain, ugly nothing special. It also was impossible to apply, its so streaky and looks awful. This is going back.

Popular Polishes