Yes To Yes To Tomatoes Repairing Acne Lotion

Yes To Yes To Tomatoes Repairing Acne Lotion
Yes To Tomatoes Repairing Acne Lotion

3.8

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 1% (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Water, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract, Propanediol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethyl Palmate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Zingliber Officinale (Ginger Root) Extract, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sucrose Stearate, Maltodextrin, Silica

on 6/27/2017 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used a couple of these before when it was called acne repair lotion and I actually liked it better then. Now the new acne repair "treatment" version has more alcohol and is not quite as moisturizing. It also smelled better before and calmed redness really well and now not so much. It sinks into the skin really well and makes for a good primer still. The change is disappointing but I will continue to buy it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used it awhile back , but I do remember that it was very irritating and didn't clear any acne. My skin felt very red and peeled. The moisture was quite minimal as well. I ended up tossing it.

on 11/24/2015 2:31:00 AM

This is actually called repairing acne treatment, so it is not a lotion. It has a gel like appearance and is not moisturizing so you'd need to use moisturizer afterwards if you don't want it to dry out your face. This makes me have less breakouts and my overall complexion seems better when i use this. I only use this at night, so i don't know how using it more often would affect my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A nice, affordable moisturizer with 1% BHA(salicylic acid) for people with moderate acne. I use it if my Paula's Choice 2% BHA would be too much, after drying peelings or masks! For red marks the other daily moisturizer from Yes! To tomatoes is better though, so I mix them - a bit of this one here a bit of the other one there!! Great results! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really looking forward to using this product, as I wanted to try something that has less chemical ingredients and preservatives. While this product does get rid of spots, it contains alcohol and witch hazel which isn't good for your skin in the long run, and likely increases skin sensitivity. Also, this has a really awful scent to it; I'm not normally sensitive to scents, but this one is really off-putting, and it has a tendency to linger. I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading so many positive reviews on MUA and Ulta I decided to give this product a try. I'm so glad I did! Within a few days of use I noticed that my skin was not only was it clearing, it was healing up well. My pores seemed to have tightened and minimize their appearance. It's been a few weeks now and my skin has improved dramatically! No new blemishes and alot of my acne scars and marks are lightening! The best part is that the product is pretty much all natural! The smell is different but nothing horrible. I really like this product and are so thankful for it! I can't imagine life without it

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!! It feels a little strange going on, like a thin serum that won't quite sink in and sits on your skin, BUT I've never had the first problem with this stuff pilling up underneath my moisturzer or night cream. Each time I have used it when my skin felt clogged or stressed or when I was already having active breakouts, I saw a big improvement in clarity by the next morning! The pump packaging is fantastic, you get a decent amount for the price (especially if you catch a sale on the company website), and I love the high percentage of natural ingredients in the Yes To produts. Definitely will buy again, and have already bought for my teenage sister and several friends.

on 1/7/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any positive results from using this repairing lotion at night. To be fair, I haven't seen any negative results as well so I guess I will not be buying this again. I applied this on damp face (after toning with aloe vera juice). It would be a bit sticky at first and then it dries comfortably. It really didn't seem to calm or prevent any breakouts which is the reason why, after using for about a month, I kind of stop using it. I still have a decent amount left so if it did work, it would last for a while. Also, I noticed it contains two alcohols; I am not sure if they are bad for skin, but I do not like the idea of applying products with alcohol on my face.

on 9/21/2013 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first bought this lotion, I thought it was going to be more of a serum and was surprised to find it's more of a watery, gel-like substance (slime is the word that springs to mind more than serum). I tried it for a few weeks and saw no results so I stuck in the back of my stash for a while.
A few months passed and I decided to give it another go. This time, I was amazed at the results,: my acne started clearing up, old scars seemed to disappear, my skin looked brighter. Overall, my complexion greatly improved. Once I ran out, my skin immediately went back to being dull and red. So this product does work, but the results aren't guaranteed.
The other problem with this product is availability. I originally purchased it at Target, but I can now only find it in a pack with two other Say Yes to Tomatoes products for twice the price. And as the brand can be pretty hit or miss, I don't want to spend the money and find out the other two products suck. It is available online at both Target and Ulta, though.

on 9/7/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought this at Walmart, and I'm giving my initial review (I will update in a few weeks).

When I first pumped it out, I noticed it was more of a liquid, not a lotion. It looks and feels like mucus to me, but that doesn't bother me as long as it works. I spread it on my face, and as I was working it in, I felt it drying. It dried nicely. A few minutes later I noticed a slight tightening feeling and very very slight burning/itching. My face is a bit red now, the stinging is gone. My face feels more dry than anything, so I will probably layer another moisturizer on top. For now, I'm not too impressed, but it's not horrible. I will discontinue use and will not repurchase if it continues to burn my face.

Note: The texture of this after drying seems like it would be fantastic for oily skinned people to use under makeup. It's very smooth and would be a great base for makeup. However, I have severely dry skin, so I need more moisture.