Clinique Even Better Concealer

3.4

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I think this is a very good product. Unlike many pot concealers, this is not to drying on my skin, which normally is my issue. What I look for in a pot concealer usually isn't covering my undereye circles, but to conceal discolorations, pimples and redness, and this does that. I have dry, red skin under my nose, and I expect from a concealer to cover that up without emphasizing the dryness, this passes that test. It blends out well, too. Wouldn't repurchase only because they aren't cruelty free.

Pro:
- blends well, becomes invisible even on dry skin
- a little goes a long way
- not drying

Con:
- not cruelty free

I've applied this as an under-eye concealer everyday for over 4 years now and I still haven't emptied the jar. The pinkish shade (I'm not sure if this is Natural or Porcelain because the text on the jar has faded already) is really good for NW15 skintones looking to conceal green-ish to dark blue under-eye circles. It's a thick, opaque, kinda drying cream so my top tips for application is to use a small, stubby brush or any other applicator, it'll not cover as much if you use your fingers. It goes on top of Liquid Foundation and BB Creams but below Pressed Powder Foundations. Just set it with some powder after application and it'll last more than 6 hours. Might need to moisturize first for people with dry skin.

I did not like this concealer, for multiple reasons. I couldnt find a perfect match to my skin, even though i usually dont have problems with this. Even though its thick, it doesnt cover up well, just in 15 minutes i can see everything i have been trying to hide. I just noticed that im not really using it and have been buying other ones, while i still have almost a full jar of this. Maybe its just me but it doesnt work. Not with fingers, not with a brush.. Also its kind of expensive for the amount you get (or at least here in iceland)
There is one positive thing about it, and thats not breaking me out.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a fantastic concealer, a good thick texture but still moist, so it doesn't look dry or crusty if your trying to cover blemishes.
Despite it being thick it's still fine to use under eyes and along cheek bones/ brow bone as a highlighter, blends really well- especially when applied with a foundation brush then just patted in with fingertips.
Holy grail concealer!

*TIP try blending with a little Benefit high beam to really light up dark circles!
Xx

It covered well but tended to slide off a bit and I had to touch up more often than I wished. It didn't cover red tones as well but did great on undereye circles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is on its way out, so for those of you who like it, get it while you can. I was so excited when I heard they were going to release a potted concealer. It brought me back to my days with Stila, and using that jar concealer. In any event, the Clinique version was a big fail. I'd try to apply it under eyes (not exactly for that area but, hello where do you think we need the most coverage?) and it would be heavy and dry yet not concealing. There was not one flattering tone in the whole bunch. I'm a pale olive tone and I do well with the peach tones (Bobbi Brown's Light Peach for example). Clinique doesn't seem to grasp there is a world beyond yellow or pink undertones. I like their airbrush concealer in medium much better.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is not a very bad concealer, but if you want to cover considerable redness then look elsewhere instead. I am NC35 and was given shade 'Hazelnut' which is slightly darker than my skin colour, and when I apply it to bare skin it's a bit visible, but not too bad really if I use powder on top. It does a fairly good job at covering especially if you put a few layers of it. I usually use my fingers for heavier coverage-not too hygenic, I know... I've tried it under eyes too (to cover dark circles) and it actually does a pretty good job without looking cackey or drying the area. Probably not HG concealer, but I would buy again - it looks much better than pthe concealers I've used anyway.

Such a cute little jar of concealer.
It is a medium coverage, a kind of hard creamy texture-ish like. It does go on the skin smoothly after a primer and it covers pretty good. I have the shade in Buttermilk, very close match to my skin. It is hard to find a cool/neutural color to match me, because I found most of the concealer would be toward the pinkish side.
I like it because it didn't break me out at all or make the acne worse. It would recommend this to anyone looking for a light or buildable medium coverage.

*my personal opinion when you apply the concealer to stay on the skin better is: Always tap it on the skin with finger rather than rubbing it in. I found using a concealer brush is also effective to build layers to get a better coverage.
:D thanks, hope this helps

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This concealer is really good, it's easy to use, covers really well and easy to apply as well. I'd rather use my fingers to apply as I really can't be bothered washing a brush all the time, plus it's cleaner to use my fingers just incase the brush gets any dirt on it.

Now, the reason why I have given it three stars is because I've just got an allergic reaction to a product from clinique, I recently purchased the 3 step and that was way harsh on my skin. I'd say it was the toner, WHICH contains alcohol, this is REALLY bad for your skin! Moreover, I've noticed whenever I apply this concealer my skin is a little irritated. I'm going to need to wait and see if this concealer is bad for my skin too.

Please, do NOT purchase the 3 step skin care, it's pointless, the benefits are exaggerated and the ingredients are too harsh for sensitive and dry skin. Be careful. You've been warned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Being a college student, I was in real need of something to cover my dark circles around my eyes and my acne/acne scars and luckily I ran into this. So I have always been a huge fan of clinique's makeup, I have tried their Acne Solutions foundations, the Even Better foundation, and now their Oil-free Matte foundation, as well as some of their powders. Anyway, I really needed a concealer so I go up to a representative and she easily helped me find one, she re-did all my make up and introduced me to this and I loved the way it covered up a majority of my flaws. Now I can say I have bad acne and scars so not everything is covered up, but for the most part it does such a good job! My dark circles are in check now and a little does go a long way with this product. I also do recommended using a brush to apply, it evens out better.