Thierry Mugler Angel Garden of Stars - Le Lys

Thierry Mugler  Angel Garden of Stars - Le Lys

3.5

Top Notes: Fruity Notes, Hyacinth, Water Lily, Lily of the Valley.

Heart Notes: Nutmeg, Honey, Caraway.

Base Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla.

I have been on a quest for lily fragrances lately, so I purchased a mini of Angel Le Lys with the hope of discovering a lovely lily note in it. Sadly, I cannot detect lily in this fragrance. Perhaps my nose is not well trained enough to tease it out. To my nose, this smells very much like Angel EdT except it is a bit sharper. I still detect a lot of patchouli in Le Lys. The florals are too entangled for me to discuss them intelligently. I do not detect the heart notes at all, unfortunately as I love nutmeg and honey. There is a hint of amber in the deep dry down, but once again I mainly detect patchouli.

Performance is average for this Angel flanker. If you like Angel EdP or Angel EdT, then you would probably enjoy Le Lys. As usual for Mugler, the bottle is quite unique. I like the bottle and the pink colour of the perfume. However, I would not repurchase this fragrance because I already own both Angel EdP and EdT, and Angel body creme, which by the way smells even better than the EdP. If you have any of these last three in your collection, you really do not need Le Lys and would be better off with a totally different Mugler or a different perfume altogether.

on 9/2/2012 11:20:00 AM

I'm surprised no one has reviewed this Angel flanker yet. Of the several Angel flankers I've tried this is one of my favorites. It is so light compared to the original Angel, and it has a lot less patchouli, which is great if you ask me. If you like the gourmand notes of the original Angel but you find it too musky or strong, then you will probably like this version.

The published notes don't say anything about the chocolate and caramel that's in the original Angel, and I find this quite confusing since my first impression upon sniffing this is that it has those tasty gourmand notes. Maybe it's the honey? There is a hint of patchouli when you first put this on but it blends within a minute or two and becomes a part of the overall fragrance. I find this aspect wonderful as the strong dominant patchouli in the original Angel and many of its flankers is a bit too much for me. To me this perfume seems to be a toned-down Angel with a strong hyacinth and lily floral that helps make it lighter and more wearable.

Overall I really like this. I get the best of Angel notes without the ones I don't like. The lasting power is very good, and it also has decent silage. As with all the Angel line I find it better to dab this fragrance on rather than spray.

Popular Fragrances