OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!

No Image

4.8

on 9/9/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect dark grey colour! I was looking for a nice colour to go with my new matte opi topcoat and when I saw this it was an instant decision! Applies well and no streaks after 2 coats. It is my new fav!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This ranks among my current favorite polishes at the moment. It's a deep charcoal grey. Others note a green or blue undertone, but I don't see anything but grey. That said, I have it on my toes right now (yes, in the middle of summer!), and had on a long navy skirt today and the polish looked almost navy, so maybe there IS an undertone. I don't know. I just know that I love it.

I do agree that this is probably best on short, squarish nails. And yes, it may be best in winter, but really, it is great on toes in summer. Try it! I am never one to match my polish to my clothes intentionally, and will more likely go out of my way to avoid it. I think that's why I like this. It's basic in the best possible way, but not matchy-matchy. Some may see it as a little edgy, but I think it's a neutral. A classic!

I have loved nearly all of my OPI polishes. Properly layered with base and top coats, it lasts a pretty easy week on my hands, and usually two weeks on my toes. Yes, it is a little pricy, but really, I am happy enough watching for sales or two-fers and knowing that nine times out of ten, the quality I expect will be there.

on 8/25/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The dark charcoal for warm toned complexions - this is a combination of deep military green with deep battleship grey - it makes it appear almost slate blue in some lighting and a deep dark greyed olive in others - I have never seen anything like it before in a nail polish but it is surprisingly chic and flattering on my pale yellowy undertoned hands like no other blue/grey or green polish I have tried - I would assume most cool/rosy toned complexions will not enjoy this shade and would be better sticking to true greys/lavender based grey shades such as OPI's you don't know Jacques which is gorgeous but one of the most unflattering shades I have ever tried on my skintone. Wear on this is is amazing - opaque in two coats and is very quick drying and has a beautiful glossy finish. A super chic almost black polish for short nails. Probably would never buy again as I have so many OPI's and this will probably be long gone before I run out but a really neat polish and worth a try if other greys haven't worked for your complexion.

on 9/28/2013 11:49:00 PM

Oh I love this color! Very creamy dark dark grey with a hit if a green undertone. Goes on really smooth and 2 coats is all i need. Love the color for fall and yes, I would buy it again!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's my first dark grey polish and I'm so glad I got it! It's quite dark, but definitely not black and I get full coverage with two coats. It can be a bit streaky with one layer, but that definitely disappears with two coats.

It looks absolutely gorgeous with a shiny top coat (I use Seche Vite), but I tried it with a matte top coat as well and now I can't even decide what looks better!

I got a whole WEEK of wear time without any chipping and minor, minor tip wear when I used it with Seche Vite. Fantastic!

on 8/1/2014 11:59:00 PM

Opi creates the best dark colors. This one is definitely not black, but more of a deep grey with blue-green undertones. I love it. As other reviewers have said, it looks the best on short, squarish nails.

on 7/31/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this as a Gel Mani (got it with silvery Kyto Pearl tips as a "goth French").
It is a deep, rich grey (not black) with a teal-green undertone.
Very saturated and creamy finish. Moderate application - can streak but looks great with 2 coats.

Lovely and modern. Edgy.

NOT black.

on 12/26/2012 9:40:00 PM

I originally picked it up because of the name --so cute-- but this colour is incredible! It's a dark gray-green, dark without being black. I love it!
As far as coverage and lasting-power, OPI nail polishes always deliver and this is no exception.

on 10/7/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is from OPI's 2012 fall Germany collection. It is a dark grey-blue-black colour that has a creme finish.

Application: 3.5/5
Colour Turnout: 5/5

I really love this colour, as it is a dark colour but it is unique from others. I find with most dark OPI polishes, no matter what the undertone colour is (purple, red, brown), the dark colours always turn out just looking plain black. This one is an exception- it is very dark, but you can still tell it's not black. In the bottle it looks like a dark gray, but there are major navy undertones in it. I absolutely love it for fall. I love creme finish, but I used a matte topcoat and it looks so good with it!
The application was alright. The first coat was quite blotchy, but the second coat completely fixed all that and there was no more blotchiness. The drying time was very good as well.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend this, especially for fall!

on 9/5/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I read the other reviews saying there is a green undertone or a blue undertone to this polish. On my nails I am hard pressed to see either. I just see dark grey. That being said, it is a gorgeous dark grey that avoids looking black.

Popular Polishes