Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

3.9

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is really growing on me. At first, it sat in my drawer because the staying power wasn't great without a primer and setting powder. Now that I finally found a primer that doesn't break me out (Merle Norman blemish-prone version) and a great setting powder (Sephora smoothing), it changes everything.

The palest shade is one of the few that looks decent on my very pale yellow skin. It has medium, buildable coverage and lasts really well now with my primer and powder. Despite having sodium chloride, it doesn't break me out. Maybe the primer helps with this.

It blends well on me and looks natural. The concealer is useless, but the foundation is great. Will repurchase! UPDATE: There is new packaging and the shades are now different. I put a strip of the palest ones: "Bare" and "Fair" from each bottle side by side and the new bottle contained a significantly darker product. Some of the palest foundations are too dark, but workable. "Fair" made me look like Magda from Something About Mary. Beware, pale ones! Booooo

A bit of background info of my skin: I have oily, blemish prone, sensitive skin and live in humid conditions, around 91.4°f on an average day. I usually wear full faced makeup to work (eyeshadow, primer, foundation, contour, highlight etc etc)

I caved in to this foundation after a very long time. It was highly raved, and i finally purchased it after years of waiting and from YTer ChloeMorello cos her face looks bomb ass after wearing the foundation!!!!!

I bought this for $66 (i live outside of US) and currently using shade Hue 5.

Pros:
+ sleek packaging
+ spatula in the foundation bottle
+ concealer provided
+ small brush provided
+ best used w/o mattifying primer (for me in my opinion)
+ best used applying with buffing brush, then beautyblender
+ closest match to my skin colour
+ variety of colours to choose from

Cons:
- price (expensive in my country)
- sets too fast (in my opinion)

I love the overall packaging of the foundation, out of all the foundations i own, this packaging alone is my fav. The spatula is a good gauge of how much foundation you want on your face w/o having to pump on the back of your hands (don't get me wrong, i love foundations with pumps, its just that this current packaging makes it even more hassle free)

Formula wise, i think it is best used without a primer. As i have extremely oily skin, i always use mattifying primers (i currently use the elf mattifying one) before applying foundations. However with this foundation, i found that it gave me extremely dry patches within a few minutes after i add my primer!!!!!!!! (and i have extremely oily skin!!!!!!) I was shocked and the thing with this foundation is that it sets very quickly, which is good, but not when you have dry patches!!!! It only clinged on to it and no matter what kind of concealer or powder i used to hide the dry patches nothing worked. I didn't like the finish the first time i tried it.

I decided for a second go, this time w/o my regular primer. The finish was flawless. If you watch ChloeMorello on a regular basis (this foundation is her HG) you'd know what kind of finish i'm talking about. Its not entirely matte, but not entirely dewy either. Its a very nice, sheen finish that gives you a healthy looking glow. I was amazed. There were zero dry patches this time round. No flakiness. My bronzer and highlight blended amazingly. I love it now!

Granted, w/o my primer i would say it only lasts about the average 6-8 hours and oil will seep through and you'd need to touch up with powder, probably once.

I find the concealer a bit useless...not that this concealer doesn't work, but its not one of the best ones out there too. I don't think it covers my blemishes well. Even though its smooth and creamy, but the concealer also slides off as well. Sometimes i just use it to carve out my eyebrows, just decent enough, as i have better waterproof concealers out there that work a lot more better on me.

The brush is a great addition as well. However i haven't got around to using it. Its a flat brush so i'm guessing you could either use it to slide around your face before blending, or as a way to carve out your eyebrows too.

Application wise, i would say this is best used if you first buff the product onto your face (i used real techniques buffing brush) before blending it out with your beauty blender for a even smooth application and set with your powder. I love the finish when i use this method.

This is not a mattifying foundation, if you're looking at this as a matte foundation, this is NOT for you.

Overall, i would give it a 7.5/10. I'm still on the fence whether i'd repurchase this product, but i can understand why its highly raved. The finish is flawless, one of the best ones i've tried so far. I think with this particular foundation you need to try out several methods of application before deciding which is best for you.

I paid $66 for a foundation, pot concealer, and a small brush. Not every brand has that kind of packaging and provides you a brush, so i think for the price, it is still ok. Shade wise, they have shades catered to WOC, but not every single one. I think they could improve on and increase more shades if they want to. But this is the only foundation that matches almost exact to my skin tone, as I usually mix foundations to get my own colour.

Hope this review helps!

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I don't understand the many bad reviews regarding this foundation because I absolutely love it!.

Purchased this from TK Maxx for about £5.99 if not mistaken. Was super lucky to find this in my shade but wasn't necessarily looking for a new foundation, I saw it and cheap too and thought why the hell not? Try something new. Anyway......on to the review :)

The foundation is full coverage and comes in a plastic container with a spoon like applicator thing - which I really do not like but the good outweigh the bad so will ignore that. I have some moderate hyperpigmentation and just one coat of this covers this up fully. The product itself has a thicker consistency than my other foundations and applies better with a beauty blender rather than brush.....but this is my own experience so might differ for others. If you're looking for a medium coverage then this is definitely not for you as it wears quite heavy and thick. I do however find that this does not feel heavy at all on the skin and is quite weightless, regardless of the consistency.

I have worn this product by itself and set with a powder. Both had good staying power with the set version maybe lasting 2 hours extra. I didn't have to touch up during the day except to blot out excess but could have done without. This also held up on many nights out clubbing......which my other foundations would melt in the heat of overcrowded and sweaty rooms.

I don't care for the concealer that comes with this foundation. It is too thick and has zero coverage at all. Doesn't blend well and is just a waste really. Could have done without. Also the plastic applicator thing is just unhygienic and this could have done well with a pump instead.

To conclude, I will be repurchasing this......I just went on the Stila website and this retails at the high end price but honestly, it's such a good foundation that I don't mind forking out a bit for. I would also recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this foundation, after reading reviews. I'm looking for something long wearing without SPF for nights out and special occasions. I got a sample pot from my local Mecca (in Australia) and tried it out 4 times, using 4 different techniques of applying it.
Unfortunately it just didn't hold up for more than about 6 hours before 'separating' on my skin. I'm not particularly oily, and don't usually have that problem. It also settled into pores and fine lines. I found Smashbox Studioskin to be longer wearing and less aging for a gal in her early 30s. But still on the lookout for my HG.
I'm glad i didn't shell out the high cost for this foundation, i don't think it any better than a cheap mabeline or covergirl foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I saw it was a high re-buy percentage on makeupalley and wanted to try a new foundation to see if it would cover all of my imperfections i've been dealing with lately. I don't remember the exact shade I got, but unfortunately it's a little too light. I wish I would have gotten a shade 1-2 times darker. But the display was a little jumbled at Ulta so I think it made me a little frazzled. Anyways, I like the concealer on top although i don't use it often. Sometimes I will for my under eyes but that's it. I don't have any major issues under my eyes and it seems to set well. I like how te concealer out comes off the top of the bottle and I like the scoop that deposits the foundation. The foundation itself is pretty creamy and a medium coverage but could probably be heavy if you applied another layer. I use my beauty blender to apply it and its nice but i don't think anything special. It covers about the same as my revlon foundations and those are way cheaper. Sometimes I mix a MUFE foundation that I have in a really dark almost orangey color to make it a little darker. It leaves a slightly dewy finish. As far as the staying power, I haven;t had any issues with it coming off. I've had it on since 11:00 am today and it's now almost 5:00 PM and it still looks good. Overall it is nice and am glad I tried it, although I wish I would have picked a better color. I will use it up but won't try again as there are other foundations I want to try.

This is the best medium to full coverage foundation I have used. Unlike Estee Lauder's Double Wear which feels like a horrible rubber mask on my skin, this feels very natural. I tried a Givency foundation which isn't even a full oz and it did not have this level of coverage.

The only downside to this is I have very oily skin and with this one I do need powder mid-day.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried a sample of this recently and I was amazed at the coverage and how flawless it looked on my skin.
I have quite normal skin so I don't have any major issues with oiliness or dryness like I used too.

I apply it with a beauty blender which sheers it out and gives a nice medium coverage and is easily build able to a full coverage with an extra layer

I use the smashbox hydration photo finish primer and works really well with that if you tend to have a few dry patches

for the first few uses i noticed it would melt off around my chin and nose at around hour 8 of wearing it but I wasn't using a setting spray because i wanted to see the length it could go for without it and then today i used urban decay all nighter spray and it's been on for 8 hours now and still looks flawless so i recommend wearing a setting spray for adding even longer wearing

It doesn't feel too heavy and leaves almost photoshop finish to your face!

The foundation last really well in the heat and doesn't become oil slick which i find with most foundations so i am really happy with this product and will continue to buy it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Was recommended this by a SA. It works well on normal to oily skin, but I would not recommend it for dry. After wearing it for a while with no concerns, I upped my acne treatment recently which has caused my skin to dry out significantly and this did not look good. My face looked scaly and awful. Also, this doesn't seem to work to well on non silicone primers, it tended to break apart a little. I wouldn't say that it "stays all day", but it does last 7-8 hours. Not bad, but my Revlon Colorstay does a better job, and is cheaper too.
The concealer doesn't last as long as the foundation, but is still a very nice product.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This foundation retails for 44 USD, which is typical price for mid range. I had high hopes for this foundation and didn’t sample it first. When I’m spending more than $30,I usually ask for a sample, before spending $ on something I may not like. I purchased this at Ulta. My local Sephora (in JCP) doesn’t carry it, I did see it on their website, though.

I don’t own any other foundations that are packaged like this. This isn’t only a foundation, there’s also a pot of concealer, and a little mirror in the top- which is super convenient when I’m on the go. They were nice enough to include a foundation brush. I could never apply my foundation using the (#35) brush, once I ‘paint my face’ there’s no way of blending out foundation using this brush. It’s pretty much useless. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a spatula instead of the traditional pump.I usually consider anything without a pump unsanitary, but I actually like scooping product onto a mixing palette, and applying it from there. I’m not sure how easy it will be to dig out product once I start running low, but...- overall, I really like the concept.

There are a total of 15 shades. I’m currently wearing Cocoa #16 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. (For some reason, there is no #12.) This is my favorite foundation, in the summer, when I’m at my most oily. The satin finish keeps the oils at bay throughout the day. This foundation provides medium to full coverage- I, personally wouldn’t apply more than 1-2 layers of product. I don’t have to color correct any discoloration, one layer immediately covers everything. I always use my favorite sponge to apply, using a damp sponge sheers it out, and presses the product into the skin. I haven’t had any issues with it oxidizing or fading as I get further into the day. I usually apply this foundation at 8AM and it stays put until I take it off at night around 10. I have sensitive skin and I haven’t experienced any irritation or anything like that.

I’ve used the concealer a hand full of times and I don’t have anything bad to say about it.I immediately noticed how creamy it is. This concealer has a lot of ‘slip’ to it, first time wearing it, I didn’t trust it to stay all day- surprisingly, it holds up throughout the day without any noticeable fading. The foundation covers everything I need covered, which is why I don’t get much use out of the concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation wears really amazing. it is full coverage. the only reason i didnt give it 5 lipsticks is because of the packaging. the concealer is too dry and sticky for me. i love that it doesn't break me out either. one con is that it will get cakey if u put too much powder on. it definitely wears better alone