Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

3.9

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has a different packaging now which requires you to push down on the top of the bottle to let foundation dispense. You can look through the bottom of the container to get an estimate on how much you have left.

I have oily on my t zone skin and my skin is acne prone. It did not break me out at all however, it doesn't stay put. I used primer before, setting powder after, and it still cracked; made my face look all separated and like crap within 2 hours. This also oxidized on me which is never fun to deal with! Dont add powder on top unless its translucent setting powder... You will look very cakey.

I think this would be good if you were not oily and seems to be decent for acne prone skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use Estée Lauder double wear and love that. But I am currently using Stila all day foundation. I have oily skin especially in my t zone. I have tried it with different primers and found that with too faced hangover primer a little oil and shine broke through. However I switched to mac skin smoother and my foundation lasted all night and did not budge. I use a translucent powder on top to set it. The foundation blends well and is buildable.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the newer packaging and possibly different formulation of the Stila stay all day foundation. It is no longer sold with the concealer and is repackaged in a pump top style contaoiner that often dispenses more than I need. There is no way to tell how much product is left in the container.
The foundation itself is easy to apply, blends out well and gives enough time to smooth it out before setting. It lasts all day, wears well, and doesn't break me out or overdry my dry skin. The only problem I have had is when applying over my face oil, which makes it oxidize a little, so I use a heavy cream instead with no problems. I add this prior comment as I am not sure if it will work over any of the new primer oils and recommend you to try it before hand to prevent any embarrasing orange tones. I use it mainly without primer as I don't feel it needs any. For theose times when I want a fuller coverage, a second light skim goes on with no problems, and will tolerate a little buffing with a foundation brush.
I also had a hard time figuring out what shade I needed... I'm usually a match for anything in the "light" shade range, but both fair and light looked the same on me, so it being winter I went with the fair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm pretty sure this foundation comes in a different packaging as well as without the concealer and brush. With the new bottle, you have to press on it and it squirts out of a little hole. I don't mind it, I could see how you could get too much product out though. I have sensitive skin, so finding a foundation that doesn't break me out is a struggle. I saw this was oil free and fragrance free so I decided to try it, glad that I did! The first shade(FAIR) is the best match for my skin tone that I've found in any foundation. It doesn't oxidize on me like other reviews are claiming. To me, it has a full coverage without looking cakey. I'm the type to wear tinted moisturizers, bb & cc creams most of the time but I wanted a foundation with full coverage for special occasions. Glad I picked it up!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and have found this to make me more oily. Other foundations will not do this. It does break up on my face, even with primer and setting. It also become cakes and ends up in the wrinkles and pores. I'm only 23, by the end of the day this foundation makes me look messy and older. Maybelline fit me matte is way better and cheaper. Would not rebuy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Great all rounder foundation, it covers, it's long wearing and it has great nourishing properties on the skin (I believe this may be why oilier gals may not be keen on its formula). I wear the shade 'Warm' on my NC47 skin, it does run a little neutral though, ima need Stila to add a little bit more yellow in that shade but apart from that it's truly a winner. I generally don't have a hard time finding foundations that work for my skin type except during winter but when my skin is more on the normal/combination side, it's a treat. It lasts during the day, almost without needing to blot and looks great in pictures. If you're too dry this may cling on to dry patches and if you're too oily this may separate on the skin!

Pros:
Flawless application
Long-wearing
Matte finish as promised
A little goes a long way

Cons:
Cakey (if applied with brush)
Sets too fast
Application stick(?) is useless
Oxidizes

Here's the thing, when you purchase this, you usually test it out with your fingers on your jawline. The color stays true to what it appears as in the packaging. However, when you actually apply it with a damp beauty blender, I find that the product starts to oxidise fairly quickly. Perhaps it may be due to the moisture in the beauty blender but whatever the reason is, it starts to look a shade darker due to the oxidation.

On the bright side, I find that it gives a really good finish when you apply it using a damp beauty blender. Everything smooths out nicely and for someone with pretty oily skin like me in a humid environment, this foundation meets its expectations and stays put even after many office hours. Nonetheless, given the updated packaging has not much benefits over this one, I likely would not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is really growing on me. At first, it sat in my drawer because the staying power wasn't great without a primer and setting powder. Now that I finally found a primer that doesn't break me out (Merle Norman blemish-prone version) and a great setting powder (Sephora smoothing), it changes everything.

The palest shade is one of the few that looks decent on my very pale yellow skin. It has medium, buildable coverage and lasts really well now with my primer and powder. Despite having sodium chloride, it doesn't break me out. Maybe the primer helps with this.

It blends well on me and looks natural. The concealer is useless, but the foundation is great. Will repurchase! UPDATE: There is new packaging and the shades are now different. I put a strip of the palest ones: "Bare" and "Fair" from each bottle side by side and the new bottle contained a significantly darker product. Some of the palest foundations are too dark, but workable. "Fair" made me look like Magda from Something About Mary. Beware, pale ones! Booooo

A bit of background info of my skin: I have oily, blemish prone, sensitive skin and live in humid conditions, around 91.4°f on an average day. I usually wear full faced makeup to work (eyeshadow, primer, foundation, contour, highlight etc etc)

I caved in to this foundation after a very long time. It was highly raved, and i finally purchased it after years of waiting and from YTer ChloeMorello cos her face looks bomb ass after wearing the foundation!!!!!

I bought this for $66 (i live outside of US) and currently using shade Hue 5.

Pros:
+ sleek packaging
+ spatula in the foundation bottle
+ concealer provided
+ small brush provided
+ best used w/o mattifying primer (for me in my opinion)
+ best used applying with buffing brush, then beautyblender
+ closest match to my skin colour
+ variety of colours to choose from

Cons:
- price (expensive in my country)
- sets too fast (in my opinion)

I love the overall packaging of the foundation, out of all the foundations i own, this packaging alone is my fav. The spatula is a good gauge of how much foundation you want on your face w/o having to pump on the back of your hands (don't get me wrong, i love foundations with pumps, its just that this current packaging makes it even more hassle free)

Formula wise, i think it is best used without a primer. As i have extremely oily skin, i always use mattifying primers (i currently use the elf mattifying one) before applying foundations. However with this foundation, i found that it gave me extremely dry patches within a few minutes after i add my primer!!!!!!!! (and i have extremely oily skin!!!!!!) I was shocked and the thing with this foundation is that it sets very quickly, which is good, but not when you have dry patches!!!! It only clinged on to it and no matter what kind of concealer or powder i used to hide the dry patches nothing worked. I didn't like the finish the first time i tried it.

I decided for a second go, this time w/o my regular primer. The finish was flawless. If you watch ChloeMorello on a regular basis (this foundation is her HG) you'd know what kind of finish i'm talking about. Its not entirely matte, but not entirely dewy either. Its a very nice, sheen finish that gives you a healthy looking glow. I was amazed. There were zero dry patches this time round. No flakiness. My bronzer and highlight blended amazingly. I love it now!

Granted, w/o my primer i would say it only lasts about the average 6-8 hours and oil will seep through and you'd need to touch up with powder, probably once.

I find the concealer a bit useless...not that this concealer doesn't work, but its not one of the best ones out there too. I don't think it covers my blemishes well. Even though its smooth and creamy, but the concealer also slides off as well. Sometimes i just use it to carve out my eyebrows, just decent enough, as i have better waterproof concealers out there that work a lot more better on me.

The brush is a great addition as well. However i haven't got around to using it. Its a flat brush so i'm guessing you could either use it to slide around your face before blending, or as a way to carve out your eyebrows too.

Application wise, i would say this is best used if you first buff the product onto your face (i used real techniques buffing brush) before blending it out with your beauty blender for a even smooth application and set with your powder. I love the finish when i use this method.

This is not a mattifying foundation, if you're looking at this as a matte foundation, this is NOT for you.

Overall, i would give it a 7.5/10. I'm still on the fence whether i'd repurchase this product, but i can understand why its highly raved. The finish is flawless, one of the best ones i've tried so far. I think with this particular foundation you need to try out several methods of application before deciding which is best for you.

I paid $66 for a foundation, pot concealer, and a small brush. Not every brand has that kind of packaging and provides you a brush, so i think for the price, it is still ok. Shade wise, they have shades catered to WOC, but not every single one. I think they could improve on and increase more shades if they want to. But this is the only foundation that matches almost exact to my skin tone, as I usually mix foundations to get my own colour.

Hope this review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I don't understand the many bad reviews regarding this foundation because I absolutely love it!.

Purchased this from TK Maxx for about £5.99 if not mistaken. Was super lucky to find this in my shade but wasn't necessarily looking for a new foundation, I saw it and cheap too and thought why the hell not? Try something new. Anyway......on to the review :)

The foundation is full coverage and comes in a plastic container with a spoon like applicator thing - which I really do not like but the good outweigh the bad so will ignore that. I have some moderate hyperpigmentation and just one coat of this covers this up fully. The product itself has a thicker consistency than my other foundations and applies better with a beauty blender rather than brush.....but this is my own experience so might differ for others. If you're looking for a medium coverage then this is definitely not for you as it wears quite heavy and thick. I do however find that this does not feel heavy at all on the skin and is quite weightless, regardless of the consistency.

I have worn this product by itself and set with a powder. Both had good staying power with the set version maybe lasting 2 hours extra. I didn't have to touch up during the day except to blot out excess but could have done without. This also held up on many nights out clubbing......which my other foundations would melt in the heat of overcrowded and sweaty rooms.

I don't care for the concealer that comes with this foundation. It is too thick and has zero coverage at all. Doesn't blend well and is just a waste really. Could have done without. Also the plastic applicator thing is just unhygienic and this could have done well with a pump instead.

To conclude, I will be repurchasing this......I just went on the Stila website and this retails at the high end price but honestly, it's such a good foundation that I don't mind forking out a bit for. I would also recommend.