Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

3.9

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I really enjoy this foundation. It blends well in to my skin which has hormonal acne and some rub off my nose and chin. It lasts really well, isn't too thick and I liked the colour.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

amazing foundation and the concealer as well full coverage

The color and texture of this foundation is spot on for my skin. I have dry, sandy olive skin and this will oxidize to the perfect color. I pair it with NARS Sin blush and a berry lip. My skin looks glowy and hydrated.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my go to foundation. I have been using this foundation on and off for about a year now just like my Too Faced BTW Foundation. Here are my thoughts on this foundation;

*Packaging*
I think it is cool to have a foundation and concealer in 1 bottle. The lid is for the matching concealer. It comes with a brush which I found useless. I tried it, didn't​ like it and just chucked it away. Unfortunately this foundation doesn't come with a pump. I don't know about you, but I get really bothered when a "high-end" foundation doesn't come with a pump. It comes with a spatula. The problem is, the spatula itself is always submerge inside the bottle and the product natural clings to the spatula. Therefore if you pull it out, it gives you so much product already. If you try scraping it against the bottle, it creates a hot mess so don't do that. ;). It's plastic but nice plastic. It doesn't feel cheap.

*Consistency*
Concealer - it reminds me of the MAC concealer. It's in a solid form. I find that it's best to get the product out, warm it up on the back of your hands before applying directly onto your face. It just make it easier to blend in my experience.
Foundation - Thick. As in very thick that it won't go anywhere. Very creamy, easy to work with. It doesn't dry easily.

*Shade*
I believe they have about 15-16 shades. Most of them do run with yellow tone. When I bought this foundation it was last winter and I was in the shade 7 Buff which is now way too light for me. I am in between NC30-NC35. I didn't find this foundation to oxidise on me.

*Application*
I am a beauty blender person and I do prefer applying my foundation this way. But that being said, it does give better coverage with a brush. So I go ahead apply with a brush, then finish it off with a beauty blender. A little goes a long way. First time applying it, I made a mistake of putting too much and I found it hard to take away afterwards. It will cake if apply too much. Start with small, and only add on areas where needed more coverage because it will cake. I also found, you will have a more "natural" finish with a beauty blender. If I use the brush, yeah you will know you are wearing a foundation alright. It builds nicely. I don't have any trouble whatsoever. But again, be careful just do it on areas where it is needed.

*Finish*
This is a demi matte finish on me. Almost like a satin finish. It never really dries down on me completely to a matte. I do love the finish and I find that if set with a translucent powder it still gives me a nice glow without making me flat matte. I find that this is best set with a loose powder than a compact powder because you only need to dust it off. I used a compact translucent powder once and it was so cakey! It doesn't cling on my dry patches or emphasis pores or texture on my face which I love. But I do have to be careful around my upper lip area as if I put this foundation there directly and blend it out. The finish is cakey. It's not flattering at all. So I just take whatever is left over on my sponge and apply it on my upper lip. This is my only criticism I have with this foundation. It doesn't settle on my fine lines either. Overall, the finish will depends on how you apply this foundation but I will give it a solid 4.5 on my skin.

*Performance/Longevity*
I usually wear this foundation like all my other ones on a 12hour day on weekdays and probably a bit more on the weekend. I do see oil coming through around 8hr mark but nothing horrible. It doesn't seperate or break apart around my T-zone area. I blot but I don't find applying powder is necessary. I said that because, I did that once and it became cakey. So just blotting itself will refresh your make up nicely and will beautifully extend your foundation for another couple of more hours. I did notice that this doesn't rub off around my chin where I typically touch my face. This doesn't transfer on my mobile phone either ahahaha. Like other foundation. It just transfer on my phone. This foundation does hold up pretty well.

*Price*
$63AUD so by no means it's cheap. Worth the price? Hell Yeah. Will buy it again. It's one of those foundation that if I don't know what to use that day, I grab this one.

*Others*
Works with all of my different primers with no issue.

I have a combo and acne prone skin. This didn't cause me any break out. Surprisingly enough because it is so thick. Most foundation that this thick will give me pimples straight after wearing it but not this one. Smells like foundation.

All in all, I love this foundation. Highly recommended and it's a staple in my collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product has a different packaging now which requires you to push down on the top of the bottle to let foundation dispense. You can look through the bottom of the container to get an estimate on how much you have left.

I have oily on my t zone skin and my skin is acne prone. It did not break me out at all however, it doesn't stay put. I used primer before, setting powder after, and it still cracked; made my face look all separated and like crap within 2 hours. This also oxidized on me which is never fun to deal with! Dont add powder on top unless its translucent setting powder... You will look very cakey.

I think this would be good if you were not oily and seems to be decent for acne prone skin!

~Things i liked about product
I liked that it came with a brush.
I liked the concealer.

~Things i dislike about product
Didn't have full coverage.
Didn't like product on my skin.

Overall i didn't like this foundation on my skin didn't have the coverage i was looking for so it was not worth my money.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and have found this to make me more oily. Other foundations will not do this. It does break up on my face, even with primer and setting. It also become cakes and ends up in the wrinkles and pores. I'm only 23, by the end of the day this foundation makes me look messy and older. Maybelline fit me matte is way better and cheaper. Would not rebuy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the newer packaging and possibly different formulation of the Stila stay all day foundation. It is no longer sold with the concealer and is repackaged in a pump top style contaoiner that often dispenses more than I need. There is no way to tell how much product is left in the container.
The foundation itself is easy to apply, blends out well and gives enough time to smooth it out before setting. It lasts all day, wears well, and doesn't break me out or overdry my dry skin. The only problem I have had is when applying over my face oil, which makes it oxidize a little, so I use a heavy cream instead with no problems. I add this prior comment as I am not sure if it will work over any of the new primer oils and recommend you to try it before hand to prevent any embarrasing orange tones. I use it mainly without primer as I don't feel it needs any. For theose times when I want a fuller coverage, a second light skim goes on with no problems, and will tolerate a little buffing with a foundation brush.
I also had a hard time figuring out what shade I needed... I'm usually a match for anything in the "light" shade range, but both fair and light looked the same on me, so it being winter I went with the fair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm pretty sure this foundation comes in a different packaging as well as without the concealer and brush. With the new bottle, you have to press on it and it squirts out of a little hole. I don't mind it, I could see how you could get too much product out though. I have sensitive skin, so finding a foundation that doesn't break me out is a struggle. I saw this was oil free and fragrance free so I decided to try it, glad that I did! The first shade(FAIR) is the best match for my skin tone that I've found in any foundation. It doesn't oxidize on me like other reviews are claiming. To me, it has a full coverage without looking cakey. I'm the type to wear tinted moisturizers, bb & cc creams most of the time but I wanted a foundation with full coverage for special occasions. Glad I picked it up!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use Estée Lauder double wear and love that. But I am currently using Stila all day foundation. I have oily skin especially in my t zone. I have tried it with different primers and found that with too faced hangover primer a little oil and shine broke through. However I switched to mac skin smoother and my foundation lasted all night and did not budge. I use a translucent powder on top to set it. The foundation blends well and is buildable.