Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait - M65 Paresse

on 11/29/2015 9:04:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer: this mid-tone pink lipstick/gloss hybrid is probably better suited to those with cool-toned complexions. On a warmer complexion, it may look a little off, but on a cooler-complected person: just beautiful! I especially love that it strikes a balance between longevity and comfort; it may not hold up quite as well as many traditional longwear lippies (though, truthfully, I haven't tried all that many), but it doesn't dry my lips out the way these products seem to, either. The packaging is a little bulky, but it really is an objet d'art (and a refillable one, to boot!). I've indicated that I would repurchase when the time comes, but that's only if Guerlain doesn't come out with another beautiful, expensive lip product that steals my attention before then!

on 3/15/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

Paresse is a mid-tone pink that's best for cool skinned ladies. It goes on creamy and lasts well without feeling drying. Guerlain has outdone itself with the packaging, which is ergonomically constructed to fit beautifully and comfortably in your hand, and which opens to provide a lovely mirror -- now you can put on your lipstick without having to also pull out your compact! Ingenious! A little tricky on first opening but certainly learnable, it puts me in mind of Faberge and that sort of old school luxury. It's also made to last, as evidenced by the fact that you can buy refills to replace the lipstick once you've used it up -- you don't have to purchase the whole contraption again. Hurray for less throw-away. I'm delighted to carry this in my purse, and would put it in my evening bag as well. The price is high, but considering the fact it's only the once, and repeat purchases would be the refill, I'm not going to quibble.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I didn't find this to be Barbie pink at all. It's a touch dusty on me. Perfect for spring and summer. The formula is amazing, wearing for 12 hours with 2 touchups after eating. The container is glam, heavy and substantial. Wearing this actually makes my lips feel moisturized, something that most matte family lippies do the opposite of.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For the insane price, you would expect it to be perfect but it's so bad I returned it after using it a couple of times. Pros: Comfortable, vibrant, matte color. Cons: Price; the metal tune is ridiculously huge and heavy and so complicated that it comes with directions; Paresse is a Barbie pink color that is so blue-toned that it looks terrible with my strong yellow undertones - I look like I'm trying way too hard to look young. I'm sure this color would look great with some skintones - for a Barbie-type pink, this one definitely feels high-end. The worst thing by far is the clunky packaging - no one would ever want to carry this in a purse and it takes up too much room in a drawer/makeup organizer. Major fail.