Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

3.3

Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Boron Nitride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Phosphate, Coco-Caprylate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Geraniol, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Lauroyl Lysine, Linalool, Mica, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide.

I cannot explain how distressed I am that this was discontinued. This is my favorite foundation of all time. You literally just tap your brush in lightly and buff it in. The coverage is full and you need significantly less product than the original (which I also like but not like this). Since you use so little, it is 100% undetectable (if you use too much it won't be). It's like magic. As of right now, you can still find it online (seriously get it while you have the chance) but sadly the day will come when that will end and when that comes I don't know what I'm going to do. I've never loved a foundation like I have with this, so sad.

on 12/28/2016 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I want a powder foundation for me. MAC doesn't have anything for neutral skin in my tone (and I do think I have some olive to it too). Also, I wanted to test other makeup makers.

Bareminerals left Brazil so many of their makeups are frequently found in promotions. I bought Ready Golden Tan (Ready was discontinued). In the swatches it seemed it was ok for my skin. However, it is at least one shade higher (maybe tan or warm tan for me).

Shade apart, this foundation is HEAVY. It feels mask like and gives the ultimate matte finish. Studio fix liquid is a natural foundation near BE Ready.

As a Woman of Color, I have huge pores around the nose area. I prepare my skin with moisturizer, sun protection and primer (after cleaning, of course). Studio fix liquid NC45 alone or mixed with MUFE Ultra HD128 (half/half), which is what I am using nowadays, gives me an almost flawless look with reduced pore size.

Ready just makes my pores look huge. It is cakey. It is REALLY WATERPROOF... like really really really waterproof.

However, I am not throwing it away. I tested it to set my concealer and it didn't move all day. If nothing else, I found a use for it. I just am wary of BE now.

on 10/14/2016 6:26:00 PM

I really like this foundation, it has great buildable coverage last all day with primer and a setting spray. It also gives a glow to skin like the original powder. The compact is nice and convenient and less messy too. Sadly BE discontinued this foundation but it is still available on EBay.

Wouldn't really use this by itself but over any liquid it is fabulous, full coverage & super flawless.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I just come here to edit my review! I was disappointed before and now it's getting better because I use my beauty blender with the foundation instead of the brush! The best way for me who have oily skin & easy to get sweat is to use the beauty blender. It lasts longer than when I used the brush. I still want to touch up during the day (of course ,I've oily skin and I've always got sweat even when it's snowing also) . The colour becomes a little bit darker after 1 hour. The coverage is buildable. Be careful about your 'pores' because you may look patchy or whatever especially around my nose. I maybe buy this again if I can't find a better foundation!

on 6/5/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wear colour 510. I really loved this powder foundation because it does give full coverage. However the powder has a lot of fall out and messes up any surface and settles on surfaces. My boyfriend asked me what powder I was using because it was on everything in the bathroom like dust! anyway I was determined to continue using this product because it gives me full coverage dammit! I then started to notice that once applied it gave me a ghostly look and when I take pictures it has terrible flashback.It literally makes me look grey in flash pictures taken at night. I then bought the 530 thinking that I must have got a little darker after being on vacation but the 530 is too dark for me. I have had to stop using this now although I do use it to conceal parts of my face only. I am considering buying another 510 incase I got a bad batch but its quite expensive and will only buy it when its on special offer.

on 4/15/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best medium to full coverage foundation I have ever used, don't think I'll be changing this anytime soon - no talc or silicones, swoon!

As soon as the weather changed in Ireland and for once got warmer this foundations turned to crap on my skin. looked cakey and separated - gross! maybe OK for Winter but defo not Summer - gave this to a friend with normal skin mines probably to oily?!

on 1/21/2016 6:30:00 PM

Love! This foundation is awesome. I'm a big fan of powder foundations and used to use Bare Minerals loose mineral powder and Mac's Studio Fix Powder. However out all the powder foundations I have tried this is my favorite. First of all it has very good coverage. It doesn't look cakey and has a nice glow to it. I just makes my skin look really healthy. The best part about this foundation is the longevity. In terms of powders I have found that this is the most long lasting. I can put in on at 8am and it will still look nice by 8pm. I found a good color match and it doesn't break me out or feel heavy/clog my pores. This product also contains .49oz which is double the amount of many other powder foundations. All in all a really good foundation!

on 1/12/2016 11:56:00 PM

What good luck.

Bare Mineral's has made my skin look so wonderful. I'm a teenage girl that fights very mild acne and light scarring around my cheeks, although it is not horrible looking I still find myself insecure. I've reached for plenty of liquid foundations in the past because the coverage is so much better but I end up with more pimples in the end.. Ugh. Until my dermatologist recommended this. Although the packaging isn't GREAT (it has broke on me once before), the makeup makes your face look very smooth and covers a lot more than most people would think. It has the same amount of coverage as a liquid foundation but with no breakouts, yay! I'm a fair skinned girl and often find myself looking orange under sunlight with a lot of foundations, but with this one the shade is PERFECT! I wear Fairly Light. Price is decent for what you get, I get 4-5 months out of this foundation. The only thing with this foundation is if you have dry skin (ME!), make sure your face is plenty hydrated before applying because sometimes it tends to cling to dry areas. :)