Konjac Sponge

Konjac Sponge

3.6

Konjac fibre, some sponges will have added clays etc

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I simply didnt notice any difference when using this sponge vs using nothing. It didn't help to remove even superficial dry flakes, I have better results from using a cellulose sponge from the drugstore (much cheaper too!)

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought one of these after all the hype and currently struggling with peri-menopausal oily skin. I have not been disappointed. I use this as my second step in cleansing with my usual cleansing foam after taking my mu off with an oil cleanser. This is so soft, and more like a facial buffer and makes the product go a long way too. My skin is super soft and so clean using this. Bear in mind this is NOT an exfoliator in the normal sense, it is much more gentle, and imo much better as it does not cause your skin to dry and over produce oils. I still do a full exfoliate once a week, but this baby is here to stay in my skin care regime.

on 11/20/2016 7:15:00 AM

I contemplated buying this product for a while before I actually went out an bought it because my skin is sensitive and few products suit me. Normally I use the Cure natural aqua gel for exfoliating but I had these 2 stubborn cystic pimples on my cheeks that refused to settle down. I got them because I ate dairy so it was my fault to begin with but I couldn't get them to heal after 2 weeks so I thought of trying the sponge.

I bought the white one from DM for around 2 euros as I wanted to start off with the basic one.The first time its light, abrasive and hard, sort of like a pumice stone but after a few minutes under warm water its like a soft spongy cake of sorts. How I use it is, I remove my make up with Micellar water, then wash my face with a foamy cleanser (I use a DIY facial net to foam up the cleanser) and after I've rinsed my face clean I use the sponge. I run it under warm water till its soft and then squeeze out the excess water and gently scrub my face in small circles. I also run it twice very lightly over my eyes. I do this for about 2-3 minutes total. Then I rinse again with warm water followed by cold water to close pores. I follow this with a toner and a dash of argan oil for the pm. I only use it at night. Afterwards I wash the sponge with my face wash, rinse once again, squeeze it dry between my towel and hang it to dry by the window. It hardens up by the next night.

After the first use, both the pimples had dried up and just peeled off a few minutes later. By the morning the pigmentation from the pimple was 50% less and after 4 days it was so light that I didn't even see it under makeup. I don't use any concealer and only a medium coverage foundation so the fact that the scars have gotten so faint so soon is a big plus for me.

After 3 days of using it, all the small bumps under my skin had disappeared! Completely! This was an unexpected surprise. The oiliness of my face has reduced a lot after 2 weeks usage, my pores on my cheeks are very small and my skin tone is very even. These two deep blackheads I had for months have also cleared out. I've had no eruptions since then and my skin feels incredibly smooth and a little plumper too.

I think the trick is to make sure you cleanse your face properly before and use the sponge very gently. This cannot be used to remove make up and I don't recommend it either. Use it as part of a two step or three step cleansing system to see the best benefits. I will see how long it lasts but this is an HG product for me and I will continue using it.

on 10/25/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was an impulse buy at Innisfree, just so I could hit a minimum purchase to get a gift, but it turned out to be one of the best impulse buys ever! I have read some of the other negative reviews, so just want to be clear that this is not a cleanser in itself, but should be used with a liquid cleanser (I use the liquid cleanser+konjac as my second step cleansing), and is not a harsh exfoliator so if you like your face to feel like it's really gone through a bit of a sanding down, this is not for you. The konjac sponge's main purpose is to help lather up the cleanser so that the foam gently cleanses the skin, and it also provides very gentle exfoliation, so much so that you can do it daily (apparently, you can also use this on babies). I also like that I can use it to massage my face while I cleanse. I have already recommended it to a few friends, and I rarely make recommendations unless I really think it is a keeper.

on 9/24/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought a lemon konjac sponge from TJ Maxx purely out of curiosity. I use Tazorac, AHA, and BHA so it's not like I need a lot of exfoliation. When I want a physical exfoliator, I use a gommage or an enzyme exfoliating powder (like Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant). I've read so much about konjacs that I had to give one a try, especially since they are inexpensive.

I tried it both with and without an added cleanser. Neither way made much of a difference. It was kind of fun to use, but it didn't make a visible difference nor did my skin feel much smoother to the touch afterward. Though it does seem very gentle since my skin didn't feel drier or stripped afterward either.

I washed the sponge whenever I used it and kept it dry, but I noticed a tiny spot in it one day that I suspected was mold. I tossed it and won't be buying another.

My reviews are for cheapie sponges you can find in the (technically) gray market stores. I should know better than to fall for marketing ploys but I really wanted to enjoy lavender infused Konjac sponges, and for less than $5 per pack of 2 I figured, what the heck? Why not try this.

The biggest con- THAT SMELL. Ugh, it's artificial, abrasive and not-to-pleasing at all, which possible explains the under $5 price for two sponges. I was definitely drawn in by the promise of washing my face with freshly scented lavender and green tea, only to pull back in horror at the chemical smell of the sponges. Neither fulfill what they promise. However, this was a first-time konjac purchase for me, and after washing away the scent (it doesn't come off completely) I was pleasantly surprised at the soft bounciness of konjac. It feels great, my skin feels smooth and I think this is a nice option for everyday (very very) light exfoliation. I will purchase, but from another brand and definitely unscented.

on 5/27/2016 9:13:00 PM

I bought this white sponge at Ulta. Some of the reviews are really foolish. As I gently wash my face with my hands. I put the Konjac in the water and squeeze it and thoroughly soften it (less than a minute tops) and then rub it gently over my face. It removes all makeup and my skin feels very clean and there is no makeup residue. I rinse it under the water and put it in a cap top to dry (reversing it in the morning).I intend to try the red sponge, for aging skin, and will write a review.

on 5/6/2016 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This did absolutely nothing for my face. My friend swore this product was the best to cleanse your face and he his acne prone skin. I got the black charcoal sponge. I used this after wiping all my make up off and used this along with my cetaphil face wash scrubbed my fave for a good 2 mins & I really did think all the make up was washed off and my skin felt squeaky clean! Until i did the ultimate test and dried my face with a white towel and there was still a lot of product still left in my skin and face that I thought I had gotten all of it after I scrubbed the hell out of my face j was almost positive that I gotten all the product out.

I had a Missha Konjac sponge in charcoal. It did not exfoliate my skin well as it is too soft. It had a squishy and fun texture but it was not useful to me. My skin still needed to be exfoliated after using it. I could have lived without it.

on 2/26/2016 12:27:00 AM

Nothing nothing nothing nada special about this sponges. I dont get all the great reviews about this material. I assume all that people dont nirmally use to wash their faces at all, then got a konjac sponge and feel is imcredible. Its not. Any terry/wash cloth or even ur fingers can make the same job. Clarisonic? Is 100 times more efficient and hygienic to exfoliate ur skin. Can compare the performance of a clarisonic with this plastic like sponges. These konjac sponges stay wet forever, its almost imposible to remove the excess of water. The dirt and dead cells and bacteria stays inside the sponge and to make it worse is always wet or at least humid. Its like washing ur face with a ball of rubber or with a plastic bag.
If u normally wash/clean ur face everyday u will find no benefit with these rubber like sponge. A baby wipie or any other sponge will do a better job. If u never clean ur face and start doing it just because u got a konjac sponge, well then u wll see a difference between dirty face and something taking off ur makeup. My two cents!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools