Konjac Sponge

Konjac Sponge

3.9

Konjac fibre, some sponges will have added clays etc

on 12/14/2018 9:38:00 PM

I’ve been using this with my regular facial cleanser. It’s great and helps me remove my makeup in one step. I’ve recently bought another one as a foundation applicator and wow! It is way better then any other traditional sponge! My real techniques sponge has been getting moldy, no matter how little I dampen it and clean/ dry it. With a damp one of these, i end up with a nice fresh dewy application!

I got mine for 2,49€ from a drugstore brand "For your beauty". They sell the following colors: - white (for all skintypes) - black (for combination/oily skin) - rose (sensitive/dry/mature skin) I mainly use the black konjac sponge since I have several pimples almost each week. Application: I take a bowl full of warm water, put my konjac sponge in it and wait for about 3-5 minutes to let it soak with water. When it's done I gently squeeze the excess water out of it. I massage my makeup-free face with it a couple of times. Then I clean the sponge with water, squeeze the excess water gently out of it and dry it with a clean towel or paper towel. I wash my face afterwards with warm water, pat it dry, then apply my moisturizer. Results: My face feels smooth, soft and clean. All makeup residue that I didn't remove by accident is completely gone. The application of makeup is more flawless and it stays longer, too. The only downside is that you have to repurchase it every other month.

on 7/1/2018 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow, this is amazing! I have a charcoal one as I have oily and slightly textured skin.
It is really hard when new and you need to run it under water until it gets really soft and spongy. It takes a few seconds. I then applied my cleanser and in circular motions, I cleansed my face with it. It is really soft and not harsh on the skin at all. I splashed my face after and my skin felt really clean but not tight.
I ran the sponge under the water again to clean and squeezed it out. It comes with a string attached so I hung on one of my little hooks to dry overnight.
My skin is so lovely and soft, it just feels lovely!
It is advised not to use boiling water with Konjac sponges due to the nature of the product.
I love it and I am so pleased that I bought it and will continue to use.

on 5/10/2018 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently tried a konjac sponge. It took me a long time because I thought this was basically the same thing as those cookie-shaped cellulose sponges for the face... but those are WAY different in terms of texture. As with the cellulose sponges, you have to really wet the konjac sponge well, until it becomes really soft. I have sensitive skin that is sensitive to rubbing, so the cellulose sponges can be a bit too harsh for everyday use. If you imagine 3 levels of harshness: the harshest one is using a wet towel to wash your face, the cellulose sponge would be the mid-level, and the konjac sponge would be the softest level. A konjac sponge for me is about as soft as those silicone wash-pads with little "fingers", except I feel that silicone sponges can be both too grippy and not exfoliating at the same time, if that makes sense. A konjac sponge doesn't grip the skin at all - it glides very smoothly along it, but somehow it still manages to remove traces of makeup...! It's actually so soft that I can use it under my eyes without irritating the skin. The reasons I bother using a konjac sponge instead of just my fingers are 1) it's much easier to lather up foaming cleanser on a sponge 2) the soft texture of the sponge adapts to the contours of my face and I feel I get a better cleanse.

If you want something to exfoliate your face with, I'd say that this is NOT it. If you want a super soft and gentle sponge for your face, this is perfect! Would probably be good even for people with rosacea

on 4/20/2018 1:06:00 PM

I bought one on a whim from missha as the sales ladies were praising it . It was a cheap thrill at US$2, and was a fad then . It was a great buy. I have Clarisonic but this feels like it exfoliates better. It’s also Super fun to see the cute sponge expand / turn soft and spongy from a hard flat mass. My blackheads were lesser with regular use . But I feel it’s a little unhygienic and a little cumbersome to dry it .

on 4/5/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Decided to try a White Konjac sponge by Etude house after hearing many amazing reviews about Konjac sponges in general and I have to say I.am.in.love!!! Makes my face feel super soft and smoother than any cleanser I've used!! I normally use the Hado Labo Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser and this puff alone makes my face feel cleaner and smoother feeling than the cleanser does! I use it on it's own in the mornings before my beauty routine and then with the added Hada Labo Cleanser in the evenings and it lathers up beautifully.

To use, I run it under hot water then warm water (and sometimes add my Hada Labo cleanser) and rub it in circular motions on my face focusing more on my T-zone. After use I let it dry and it gets a bit hard on the outside but becomes puffy again when you run it under hot water. Make sure to squeeze it and fill it up with fresh water and squeeze again to clean it out and some other sites recommend running it through boiling water every week to disinfect it :)

Maybe I'm going crazy but it's actually helped heal some acne/ skin irritation after using Nair facial cream and like honestly nothing has ever helped even the myriad of exfoliators, or facial creams I've been using the past week.
It's all natural and very gentle, the one I purchased came pre-puffed and could be used straight out of the bag (my only concern is if the extras I bought will last until I'm ready to use them without molding but here's hoping). These puffs are very cheap and easy to obtain (Shoppers sells a Quo brand one for less than 5 dollars) and the results are so worth it. Planning on gifting some to friends so I can spread the joy :') Definitely recommend!!

on 6/4/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loooove this thing! I've heard good things about these sponges for about 3 years but could never justify ordering them because it just seems like one of those things that won't work out for me and ordering certain things in Canada can be pricey. It's hard to imagine how they even would work at all. But they have Quo brand konjac sponges at Shopper's Drug Mart for $5 so I had to buy one and I am so impressed! They only carry plain white and they're flat, not half sphere shaped like all the others. But WOW! It cleans my face SO well. I use it in the morning with just water (stopped using cleanser in the morning and my face is so much less oily) and at night I use it with cleanser and my face feels cleaner than it's ever been. And so super soft! It's like it squeegees every last bit of dirt and oil off your face! I know they biodegrade and start falling apart after a couple months but I can't see myself ever cleansing without these.

I love my konjac sponge. I bought a green one off of eBay from a Japanese retailer and was not expecting much, if anything, to happen. I used it once and my face felt so soft and smooth! I put my usual Clean and Clear liquid cleanser on my face, wet the sponge, and scrubbed it in. I realize now I only need to use half the amount of cleanser that I use when cleaning my face with a cotton ball. It sudsed up great and rinsed easily too. Noticed my face was super exfoliated but not irritated or dried out. I have normal to dry skin so dryness/irritation is sometimes an issue. But it felt great, and my face oil sank right in afterwards too. I bought a black and a red one and can't wait to try them next.

Only downside is it did not remove my eye makeup very well, which it probably isn't made to do anyway. It also took almost a full day to dry out, while hanging on the mirror over the sink next to an open window.

on 5/17/2017 12:09:00 AM

This little guy has made my skin so smooth and clean without harsh rubbing. I did a test to see which cleansing tool can remove the most makeup. i tested the sponge, shiseido cleansing brush, or hands. The result was a a tie between shiseido brush and sponge in removing same amount of foundation with same # of strokes, but the sponge was more gentle. Using hands took the most time and effort. So i would recommend this for daily exfoliation for those with bumpy skin, because with fewer strokes i can get more makeup off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wasn't sure when I first used this sponge if I liked it or not, I went through several before I really appreciated how well this works for my skin. I particularly love using it when my skin is hyper sensitive but still needs very mild exfoliation which I'm able to get from daily use of this sponge. (I've used the pink and white ones and haven't noticed a difference between them)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools