Konjac Sponge

Konjac Sponge

3.4

My reviews are for cheapie sponges you can find in the (technically) gray market stores. I should know better than to fall for marketing ploys but I really wanted to enjoy lavender infused Konjac sponges, and for less than $5 per pack of 2 I figured, what the heck? Why not try this.

The biggest con- THAT SMELL. Ugh, it's artificial, abrasive and not-to-pleasing at all, which possible explains the under $5 price for two sponges. I was definitely drawn in by the promise of washing my face with freshly scented lavender and green tea, only to pull back in horror at the chemical smell of the sponges. Neither fulfill what they promise. However, this was a first-time konjac purchase for me, and after washing away the scent (it doesn't come off completely) I was pleasantly surprised at the soft bounciness of konjac. It feels great, my skin feels smooth and I think this is a nice option for everyday (very very) light exfoliation. I will purchase, but from another brand and definitely unscented.

on 5/27/2016 9:13:00 PM

I bought this white sponge at Ulta. Some of the reviews are really foolish. As I gently wash my face with my hands. I put the Konjac in the water and squeeze it and thoroughly soften it (less than a minute tops) and then rub it gently over my face. It removes all makeup and my skin feels very clean and there is no makeup residue. I rinse it under the water and put it in a cap top to dry (reversing it in the morning).I intend to try the red sponge, for aging skin, and will write a review.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/6/2016 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This did absolutely nothing for my face. My friend swore this product was the best to cleanse your face and he his acne prone skin. I got the black charcoal sponge. I used this after wiping all my make up off and used this along with my cetaphil face wash scrubbed my fave for a good 2 mins & I really did think all the make up was washed off and my skin felt squeaky clean! Until i did the ultimate test and dried my face with a white towel and there was still a lot of product still left in my skin and face that I thought I had gotten all of it after I scrubbed the hell out of my face j was almost positive that I gotten all the product out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I agree with the reviewer below, this sponge whilst fun and easy to use simply had zero effect on my skin. There was no exfoliation at all, no matter how rough I scrubbed, even superficial flakes remained on my skin and as it also had little cleansing power for me, it is a bit of a wasted product I'm afraid. EDIT: I have found that a cheap, cellulose sponge from the drugstore works much better on my skin, gentle exfoliation without irritation.

I had a Missha Konjac sponge in charcoal. It did not exfoliate my skin well as it is too soft. It had a squishy and fun texture but it was not useful to me. My skin still needed to be exfoliated after using it. I could have lived without it.

on 2/26/2016 12:27:00 AM

Nothing nothing nothing nada special about this sponges. I dont get all the great reviews about this material. I assume all that people dont nirmally use to wash their faces at all, then got a konjac sponge and feel is imcredible. Its not. Any terry/wash cloth or even ur fingers can make the same job. Clarisonic? Is 100 times more efficient and hygienic to exfoliate ur skin. Can compare the performance of a clarisonic with this plastic like sponges. These konjac sponges stay wet forever, its almost imposible to remove the excess of water. The dirt and dead cells and bacteria stays inside the sponge and to make it worse is always wet or at least humid. Its like washing ur face with a ball of rubber or with a plastic bag.
If u normally wash/clean ur face everyday u will find no benefit with these rubber like sponge. A baby wipie or any other sponge will do a better job. If u never clean ur face and start doing it just because u got a konjac sponge, well then u wll see a difference between dirty face and something taking off ur makeup. My two cents!

on 2/25/2016 7:55:00 AM

Love this! I got a charcoal one to help with my T-zone and have been using it for a week now. So far, so good. In the morning I use it just with water or (if I feel oily) a rice-size amount of clay cleanser. In the evening I take my makeup off before using this baby with a cleanser. Always moisturize after. My skin feels soft and I think I have fewer breakouts.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Brilliant exfoliant for when my skin needs some gentle cleansing. My routine basically goes like this, sunday exfoliate with facial brush, and wednesday and friday use this lovely konjac sponge. My skin hates too much exfoliating so this regime is brilliant for me. This sponge is great at making my skin smooth, clear, soft and is great at removing small areas of dry skin in winter. This sponge it quite hard when dry so you should let it soak for about 10 minutes in some warm water and then use as you please, once you are done you MUST squeeze out as much water as possible and leave to air dry. Keeping the sponge dry when you are not using it will make it last longer. I know there are many variations of this sponge with clay and charcoal but I just use the plain one, it still works well. My sponge has lasted me around 2 months so far and I'm glad this can just biodegrade in a landfill once I throw it away so it is not contributing to waste. Overall this is a great buy, its definitely worth a try.

on 11/11/2015 9:04:00 PM

I love konjac sponges as they are environmentally friendly and they do a great job of helping to buff grime off of my face at the end of the day. They help me to remove makeup and are a necessary component of my daily cleansing routine, especially when an oil cleanser is involved. These sponges come in a range of prices, but the cheapest one that is still effective is the one by Ectools, which costs a mere $5.99. If you have never experienced cleansing with a konjac sponge, do yourself a favor and check it out.

on 6/25/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought a mint green Konjac sponge which contains aloe. I have used it for a week now and have to say I LOVE it. I use it on my skin after first cleansing with oil (olive), then my dermalogica cleanser and then I finish off by buffing my skin with the sponge. My skin is now glowing, and almost poreless. I use the sponge morning and night.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools