Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.3

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

I got this BB Cream because it was cheap and it had good skin care ingredients. The tea tree oil has always been a fav for my skin so I got this to try and here's what I think:

~ Leaves a nice matte finish
~Does not make me break out at all it actually helps dry then.
~It comes out a light beige but matches my NW-20 skin perfectly.
~It goes on easy with your fingers or for me I prefer a foundation brush. Like the MAC 190 or Urban's Good Karma Optical blurring brush. Love that brush btw:)
~It's a really good BB for the price I paid like 5 USD and it's a really good product.
~Feels excellent on your skin almost healing.
Con's
~To small of a tube to have to keep ordering from Korea
~Won't match all skin tones
Would I buy this again yes, because I'm interested in trying more of there products. This is a BB Cream people should try because it comes in many types so it can suit all skin types and for the price I am really happy with how good it is. I have some really expensive one's but find my self always reaching for this one.

on 3/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

Please Lord... do not let me break out from this product! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for from a BB cream. I use this in conjunction with Shiseido's foundation brush (see my review). The colour is my skin tone to a tee. The texture.... I simply require a small dab on my foundation brush and it blends to a seamless dream. It actually looks air brushed. Lately, foundations have been turning orange on my skin... so far so good! I cannot believe that a cheap foundation ended up being my be all end all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying a few American bb's, to which I was wildly disappointed, I decided to go back to Korea for my balms, and picked this one on cosmetic-love.com for around $8. I love it! I bought this one along with Innisfree Air Fit BB, which I have yet to even TRY because I've been loving Holika Holika so much! Its really creamy and easy to blend, and feels so light on my face. And it matches my fair\yellow skin tone so well! I would rate the coverage as medium, and when topped with my BareMinerals, my skin looks really smooth, matte, and natural. It has the texture that I love the most: creamy and light without being dewy (I hate anything dewy! Makes me feel buttery!) As far as the clearing part, I have acne-prone skin (the terrifying cystic kind, but usually not bad unless suffering a break-out) and have not had any problems since I started using it about 2 weeks ago, so I think it does help some. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't last allllll day for me, but about 6 hours. I put it on at about 7am and it stands strong until about 1-2pm, when it tends to become a little shiny and not as smooth looking. So I gave it 4 lippies for that reason. But its definitely a great bb and at 8 bucks??! You can't beat that! I'm mostly in shock that something that cheap would even work at all.

on 3/24/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best bb I've tried so far! It has a gray tone to it but adjusts to a natural color within 30min. The coverage is medium/full. It is a bit moisturizing but not shiny. The oil-control is not the best but I love the finish. It wears great during the day. It looks more natural for every hour you wear it. I will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily/acne prone skin and many BB Creams are too shiny/greasy/orange by the end of the day. This product is matte on my skin, so I would NOT suggest it for someone with dry skin. I usually layer a moisturizer underneath it to keep my skin hydrated and by the end of the day my skin does feel a bit too dry, but as far as products go this has been the most successful at staying put and not breaking me out. I have started using less and less of it, even mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer so it lasts a long time for me even though the container is pretty small. At about $8, it is cheap and it almost annoys me the amount of money I have spent on more expensive products that made me breakout or had orangey tints, etc. I've reordered it once already, which I rarely do with any products so that is a big vote of confidence from me!

(It is a little on the greyish side, but I have some redness in my skin that it helps tone down).

I've just started using this BB cream and I love it! So far, all the other BB creams/foundations/primers all just sink into my huge pores and I end up an oily mess... This BB cream covers beautifully! Definitely wait 10-15 minutes for it to set because it is quite pale when you first apply it. I have medium tone skin so I also set it with a foundation powder and it looks great! This also lasts all day on my oily, oily skin!! I only had to blot once! I usually blot several times a day. Like I said, I've only just started using this so I can't say whether it clears acne or at least keeps it at bay, so I'll have to update...but I love it so far! :)