Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.1

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 2/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received this as a gift last winter and found that I quite like it. The color is light but it matches my skin tone in the winter quite well. I don't use it in the summer when I get a bit darker.
The coverage is light, but I like that. I hate heavy make-up. It seems a bit watery to me, but that makes application easier.
It doesn't break me out, but it didn't seem to help clear anything up when I occasionally get pimples.
The oil control is lacking. I get shiny after a few hours.
The BB cream does transfer. It transfers onto the collar of my shirts and the screen of my phone. However, this doesn't bother me much as I haven't found a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream that didn't transfer onto phone screens.
Lastly, the price is pretty darn good.

on 3/18/2013 10:42:00 AM

I love this BB cream (I have the orange one). Coverage is great, it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way, it feels light on my skin and I don't feel I'm using anything. I don't know if it actually helps my skin in any way, but it certainly doesn't harm, accentuates or clogs pores. The only problem is the ONLY shade is too light for my NC30-ish skin (hence, minus one lippy). I'm hoping and wishing that I can wear it on winter. I'll update if I can.
Note: FYI, the different colors have different undertones. Green and orange have yellow undertone and blue and pink have pink undertones.

I use to use a primer, everyday mineral conceal, everyday minerals matte foundation, blush, and then a finishing powder. Now I can skip a few steps when I use this BB cream. I just stick this on, put on some blush, and finishing powder and I'm out the door. Sure it looks a little scary when you first put it on bc it has to still oxidize and it's on the light side, but the color comes out perfect for me. I love that it has tea tree oil in it and it hasn't broken me out since I've starting using it 3 months ago. I do own 3 different formulas and this one is by far my favorite out if all 4 of them.

on 4/15/2013 5:31:00 PM

I really like this bb cream...
the only ones ive tried were the hot pink one (forgot name) ,etude house mineral one ( broke me out like crazy) and lioeli ones..
lioeli isnt made for oily skin, so it had great coverage but i got reallly oily.
this one however, i wasnt expecting it to be any better
but omg, the staying power is amazing, really controles my oils!
my face has been matt for 5 hours and im really impressed ^^
note, this is when i wore it in the winter, and in the summer it lasts 2hours ><

** i have the clearing blue one :)

on 2/26/2014 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this bb cream but not love. this product is really watery and blends well, but it only gives a light coverage for my skin and cannot really cover up my acne scars. It smells really good and the color match my skin well. But it's too watery to stay for a long time on me but it's good for a light makeup look

on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

on 5/18/2014 7:36:00 PM

Down to the last drop of my second purchase of this stuff! This is my favorite bb cream so far! The color is more yellow-toned and coverage is better than most bb creams I've tried. I like how this smooths the look of my pores and for the most part does not accentuate my flakes. If it does, then it's time for me to exfoliate my face. (try apple cider vinegar on the face) The Aqua Petit jelly does not compare to this and it's even more expensive. I felt the Aqua was too chalky and takes more time to blend. Coverage on the clearing is better and smoother. Though the aqua may have a little bit better oil control, the Clearing pretty much lasts me a good 6 hours or so.

With either bb cream or any foundation for that matter, I always top it with my trusted Milani Even-Touch Powder in Fresco. This stuff makes the color of my foundation/ bb cream look skin like. Because it's yellow based- I look alive and not so pale or chalky. Oh, and I like to use my ELF Studio kabuki powder brush. (I just pat the powder over my face instead or brushing/sweeping the powder onto my face.)

I love the Clearing for its price, package and formula! Definitely recommend to oily and combo gals out there!

on 8/14/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian BB Creams. When my skin was better I used Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB (whew, what a mouthful) almost RELIGIOUSLY. Then I went off the pill and my face exploded and all was sad.

Enter Holika Holika's Petit BB Cream, so helpfully adorned with cats.
Surely this cat-cream would cover my blemishes.

It did!
And still does!

But, and it's an important but, it is VERY slightly too pink for my skintone. Best reference I can give you is Buff in Revlon CS Whipped, or Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics, but both of these were also slightly too pink. I'm light-ish-skinned, warm undertones, but VERY olive, and it's hard to match things to my skintone. If I wear this BB cream all over my face, it becomes apparent that my face is pink.

That being said...
NOTHING covers congested pores and blemishes like this stuff. It stays all day. ALL DAY. And my sad hormonal skin is suuuuper oily. My glasses leave a definite indent on the bridge of my nose, though. I powder/blot pretty often but none of this BB cream wears off or goes away.

So usually, what I do is use the Clearing BB Cream on my T-Zone and on top of any cystic blemishes. I then use a better-matching foundation (typically a cream-to-powder like Maybelline Shine Free) on the rest of my face, which altogether are a less jarring color match overall.

tl;dr - great for covering (not treating) active acne and scars, holds up to oil breakthrough without separating, little to transfer except onto glasses and sunglasses, not the best color match.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Alright.... I can see it working well with someone that has light skin and with some skin small skin problems. It does provide quite a bit of coverage for a BB cream, but it also feels kind of heavy and definitely cakey when layered on. It's even heavier feeling than the revlon colourstay foundation. One thing that sucks is that it only comes in one shade which is quite light!! I'm not even considered tan myself but I can't wear this in the summer. In the winter it works well because it does adjust to your skin tone to some extent. For people with darker than middle eastern or Filipino skin, it will leave a extremely bad white cast. Bronzer can't even save you, girl!

I own the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing. I like the thin little plastic squeeze tube. It dispenses product well and is hygienic. The actual BB Cream is very thick and is hard to spread with your fingers. I think it would work better with a damp beauty blender or foundation brush. I applied this over my Tony Moly egg pore primer, and I have damaged, cystic-acne prone skin that gets very oily as the day wears on. I have had my makeup on for going on 8 hours and have only barely touched up with powder once, and haven't blotted at all. I have significant acne scarring, and another reviewer mentioned this offers almost no coverage...I beg to differ. It covers up pretty damn well for a bb cream and looks good on my face still yet. Yes, the color is fairly light. I used sparingly, and bronzed and blushed and it looks fine. It sucks the color range is so limited, but the price is right, and as long as I experience no adverse effects, I will repurchase.