Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.1

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB Cream is one of the worst possible for dry to very dry skin. It settles in every line you may have, even the subtle ones (Im 25 so there are not many deep lines to settle in). It feels and looks like a mask which is more than dissapointing for a BB Cream.
The texture is fine and so is the smell. I would not repurchase since it does nothing for my dry skin even though I bought the purple.

I've just started using this BB cream and I love it! So far, all the other BB creams/foundations/primers all just sink into my huge pores and I end up an oily mess... This BB cream covers beautifully! Definitely wait 10-15 minutes for it to set because it is quite pale when you first apply it. I have medium tone skin so I also set it with a foundation powder and it looks great! This also lasts all day on my oily, oily skin!! I only had to blot once! I usually blot several times a day. Like I said, I've only just started using this so I can't say whether it clears acne or at least keeps it at bay, so I'll have to update...but I love it so far! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily/acne prone skin and many BB Creams are too shiny/greasy/orange by the end of the day. This product is matte on my skin, so I would NOT suggest it for someone with dry skin. I usually layer a moisturizer underneath it to keep my skin hydrated and by the end of the day my skin does feel a bit too dry, but as far as products go this has been the most successful at staying put and not breaking me out. I have started using less and less of it, even mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer so it lasts a long time for me even though the container is pretty small. At about $8, it is cheap and it almost annoys me the amount of money I have spent on more expensive products that made me breakout or had orangey tints, etc. I've reordered it once already, which I rarely do with any products so that is a big vote of confidence from me!

(It is a little on the greyish side, but I have some redness in my skin that it helps tone down).

Ok, having tried both this line of BB creams and their Aqua ones I can confirm that these are the better quality BB creams from Holika Holika, they're much cheaper, look more natural, blend easier and the packaging is more sanitary

I originally got the moisture BB and loved it, it looked invisible once I'd blended the edges out to the point that my family didn't even notice I was wearing makeup and after trying this one I can safely say that it's the same effect from this one

It comes in a squeeze tube which I know some people will have a problem with, I personally like squeeze tubes for my foundation/BB/CC cream but everyone is entitled to their own tastes

The formulation of this one feels slightly thicker than the moisture BB but it still blends out just as well as that one and because the formula is thicker it seems to have better coverage

Full Size Image
(my hair looks shocking T_T)

There is a bit of a smell when you first apply it (it kind of smells like a hair gel I had when I was 10) but this seems to dissapear after a minute or two so it's not a big problem for me

The colour matches me perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better match (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and an NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference) it started out looking a bit dark in the swatch but as I blended it over my face it seemed to lighten up a bit and become more wearable

This stuff does seem to retain a bit of a tacky feeling on the face so you'd probably want to set it with a powder after wearing it for 10 minutes or so to get the skincare benefits from it

With the moisture one I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation from some acne scarring on my face dissapeared overnight, I've not used this one long enough to tell if it has the same effect, I'm not sure if these products have whitening properties since the ingredient list is in Korean but I figured I should mention that little tidbit of information

As far as price goes I got this off of eBay for 4, this is a 30ml tube so I think that is an excellent value proposition, in short I would recommend this to everyone based on my experiences

on 3/24/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best bb I've tried so far! It has a gray tone to it but adjusts to a natural color within 30min. The coverage is medium/full. It is a bit moisturizing but not shiny. The oil-control is not the best but I love the finish. It wears great during the day. It looks more natural for every hour you wear it. I will repurchase!

on 8/14/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian BB Creams. When my skin was better I used Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB (whew, what a mouthful) almost RELIGIOUSLY. Then I went off the pill and my face exploded and all was sad.

Enter Holika Holika's Petit BB Cream, so helpfully adorned with cats.
Surely this cat-cream would cover my blemishes.

It did!
And still does!

But, and it's an important but, it is VERY slightly too pink for my skintone. Best reference I can give you is Buff in Revlon CS Whipped, or Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics, but both of these were also slightly too pink. I'm light-ish-skinned, warm undertones, but VERY olive, and it's hard to match things to my skintone. If I wear this BB cream all over my face, it becomes apparent that my face is pink.

That being said...
NOTHING covers congested pores and blemishes like this stuff. It stays all day. ALL DAY. And my sad hormonal skin is suuuuper oily. My glasses leave a definite indent on the bridge of my nose, though. I powder/blot pretty often but none of this BB cream wears off or goes away.

So usually, what I do is use the Clearing BB Cream on my T-Zone and on top of any cystic blemishes. I then use a better-matching foundation (typically a cream-to-powder like Maybelline Shine Free) on the rest of my face, which altogether are a less jarring color match overall.

tl;dr - great for covering (not treating) active acne and scars, holds up to oil breakthrough without separating, little to transfer except onto glasses and sunglasses, not the best color match.

I have been through 3 tubes of this , my forth is on the way . And I love it ! It's perfect for everyday use and it's so easy to apply . It has build able coverage , and doesn't cake up . The price is amazing averaging 6 $ tube , so it really cant be beat ! I highly recommend this to everyone !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying a few American bb's, to which I was wildly disappointed, I decided to go back to Korea for my balms, and picked this one on cosmetic-love.com for around $8. I love it! I bought this one along with Innisfree Air Fit BB, which I have yet to even TRY because I've been loving Holika Holika so much! Its really creamy and easy to blend, and feels so light on my face. And it matches my fair\yellow skin tone so well! I would rate the coverage as medium, and when topped with my BareMinerals, my skin looks really smooth, matte, and natural. It has the texture that I love the most: creamy and light without being dewy (I hate anything dewy! Makes me feel buttery!) As far as the clearing part, I have acne-prone skin (the terrifying cystic kind, but usually not bad unless suffering a break-out) and have not had any problems since I started using it about 2 weeks ago, so I think it does help some. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't last allllll day for me, but about 6 hours. I put it on at about 7am and it stands strong until about 1-2pm, when it tends to become a little shiny and not as smooth looking. So I gave it 4 lippies for that reason. But its definitely a great bb and at 8 bucks??! You can't beat that! I'm mostly in shock that something that cheap would even work at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.