Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.5

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials