Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by hair type : Other
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 7/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

I wanted to love this SO MUCH.... but I didn't.

On the plus side, it gives good coverage (more than most BB creams), has good SPF, applies nicely and lasts for a fairly long time (although I still powder) BUT it breaks me out like nothing else.

I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or something else but I wouldn't buy it again, even though it's really good with everything else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this one in clearing because I have zits. I got it when I was getting a batch of other stuff. Sometimes international food stores have it but there isn't a Holika Holika brick and mortar store around here. Which is a shame because there is a "Charmed" theme, hence the cat and witch logo lol.

It's an okay foundation and has a decent amount of pigment. If your skin color has a neutral or olive (not pink) undertone, and is between classic ivory and buff beige, sand beige etc in American brands, this will be a good fit. It's definitely more affordable than L'oreal et al.

It's the same price range as Wet n Wild or ELF. For me, it works whether or not I got dark from the sun. When I bought Cover Girl, I think my color was neutral buff. I like how the Holika Holika has a lot of coverage so sometimes I just dab it on my zit area.

This is especially good for that because unlike some creams, it doesn't have instant whitening. I haven't noticed it actually clearing up my pimples, but it's less comedogenic and more matte than other foundations.

It's less oily than the other popular Asian brand, Secret Key, and a similar product to Beauty Angel or Clever Cat. It's a little more pricey than Beauty Angel and Clever Cat though. Beauty Angel is $2 for a big tube. But, it's less pale than CC creams. CC creams are generally pale.

If you need to use a concealer over this BB cream, ELF cover sticks and concealers are great, and don't bead up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Alright.... I can see it working well with someone that has light skin and with some skin small skin problems. It does provide quite a bit of coverage for a BB cream, but it also feels kind of heavy and definitely cakey when layered on. It's even heavier feeling than the revlon colourstay foundation. One thing that sucks is that it only comes in one shade which is quite light!! I'm not even considered tan myself but I can't wear this in the summer. In the winter it works well because it does adjust to your skin tone to some extent. For people with darker than middle eastern or Filipino skin, it will leave a extremely bad white cast. Bronzer can't even save you, girl!

on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides light coverage (about the same as Skin79's Hot Pink BB). For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my SF/blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~6 hours if you have oily skin like me. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

**edit Nov. '14** As cold weather sets in, I've found the matte finish unflattering for my drier cheeks and I am on the hunt for a better BB + moisturizer combo. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to using this Holika Holika BB cream on my T-area only.

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!

on 2/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received this as a gift last winter and found that I quite like it. The color is light but it matches my skin tone in the winter quite well. I don't use it in the summer when I get a bit darker.
The coverage is light, but I like that. I hate heavy make-up. It seems a bit watery to me, but that makes application easier.
It doesn't break me out, but it didn't seem to help clear anything up when I occasionally get pimples.
The oil control is lacking. I get shiny after a few hours.
The BB cream does transfer. It transfers onto the collar of my shirts and the screen of my phone. However, this doesn't bother me much as I haven't found a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream that didn't transfer onto phone screens.
Lastly, the price is pretty darn good.