Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 8/30/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been on the search for a great foundation/BB cream that will hide what Korean pollution has done to my skin. So I was delighted to try this product on the idea that

a) it would under $10
b) adorable packing
c) it claimed it would make my skin better

So all around it seemed like a win-win. So as a BB cream I really like it, although I'm not sure if this is me or the BB cream if I start getting sweaty it will just sit on top of my skin noticeably (at least to me and I do not own a magnifying mirror), but it is a really good color match for me I'm N5/NC 15 for reference. The odd thing is that while it will sit on top of my skin it will also attempt to set into the lines I get under my eyes when I don't get enough sleep.

I find that while the packaging is adorable and really easy to just throw in your to-go make-up kit it is really bad about giving you too much product. There is a lot of product in this packaging, I don't wear it everyday, especially when we were having a heat wave, but it has lasted me about 5 months.

On the claim that it is a healing or "clearing" feature to it, I have yet to see it, I wear and super remove it and my skin hasn't gotten any better and my skin isn't that oily so I can't notice any improvement on that front.

PROs:
- Cheap if you can get it in person
- Easy for traveling
- Good match for people in a similar color range to me N5/NC15

CONs:

-Can settle into lines or above the skin
-Not really healing or clearing
- Often get to much product when squeezing.

I say I would buy it again because to me the most important thing is finding something that matches my skin tone and not if it clears up my skin.

on 3/18/2013 10:42:00 AM

I love this BB cream (I have the orange one). Coverage is great, it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way, it feels light on my skin and I don't feel I'm using anything. I don't know if it actually helps my skin in any way, but it certainly doesn't harm, accentuates or clogs pores. The only problem is the ONLY shade is too light for my NC30-ish skin (hence, minus one lippy). I'm hoping and wishing that I can wear it on winter. I'll update if I can.
Note: FYI, the different colors have different undertones. Green and orange have yellow undertone and blue and pink have pink undertones.

on 3/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

Please Lord... do not let me break out from this product! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for from a BB cream. I use this in conjunction with Shiseido's foundation brush (see my review). The colour is my skin tone to a tee. The texture.... I simply require a small dab on my foundation brush and it blends to a seamless dream. It actually looks air brushed. Lately, foundations have been turning orange on my skin... so far so good! I cannot believe that a cheap foundation ended up being my be all end all.

I use to use a primer, everyday mineral conceal, everyday minerals matte foundation, blush, and then a finishing powder. Now I can skip a few steps when I use this BB cream. I just stick this on, put on some blush, and finishing powder and I'm out the door. Sure it looks a little scary when you first put it on bc it has to still oxidize and it's on the light side, but the color comes out perfect for me. I love that it has tea tree oil in it and it hasn't broken me out since I've starting using it 3 months ago. I do own 3 different formulas and this one is by far my favorite out if all 4 of them.

on 4/15/2013 5:31:00 PM

I really like this bb cream...
the only ones ive tried were the hot pink one (forgot name) ,etude house mineral one ( broke me out like crazy) and lioeli ones..
lioeli isnt made for oily skin, so it had great coverage but i got reallly oily.
this one however, i wasnt expecting it to be any better
but omg, the staying power is amazing, really controles my oils!
my face has been matt for 5 hours and im really impressed ^^
note, this is when i wore it in the winter, and in the summer it lasts 2hours ><

** i have the clearing blue one :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

on 1/21/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend gave this to me as a gift, she knows me as a bb cream freak so on my birthday she knew exactly what to give. Ooh I love her so much! Anyway, this comes in four variants & I was given "Clearing".. It's supposed to help with acne or if you are prone to break-outs, this is for you. I can't vouch for its effectiveness in terms of clearing up the skin because I am mainly using this as a bb cream/foundation and not a treatment of some sort. Moving on! First of all, I love the fact that it has an added spf of 30 but if you're going for a swim or just be exposed to the sun a lot, don't ever replace this for your sunblock! Shade wise, this adjusts pretty well! Looks a lot better than my Missha Pore Cover which is too too grey for my liking. This is pretty neutral though & has the right amount of yellow to it too. For reference though, I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Coverage wise, it can go from light to medium although I wouldnt suggest trying to build it up to a full one because as with all foundations, it cakes. It stays for a decent amount of time - about 3 hours before I have to completely touch up or blot my t-zone. The price can't be beat as well so overall, I would definitely definitely recommend!!! xx

on 2/26/2014 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this bb cream but not love. this product is really watery and blends well, but it only gives a light coverage for my skin and cannot really cover up my acne scars. It smells really good and the color match my skin well. But it's too watery to stay for a long time on me but it's good for a light makeup look

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After trying a few American bb's, to which I was wildly disappointed, I decided to go back to Korea for my balms, and picked this one on cosmetic-love.com for around $8. I love it! I bought this one along with Innisfree Air Fit BB, which I have yet to even TRY because I've been loving Holika Holika so much! Its really creamy and easy to blend, and feels so light on my face. And it matches my fair\yellow skin tone so well! I would rate the coverage as medium, and when topped with my BareMinerals, my skin looks really smooth, matte, and natural. It has the texture that I love the most: creamy and light without being dewy (I hate anything dewy! Makes me feel buttery!) As far as the clearing part, I have acne-prone skin (the terrifying cystic kind, but usually not bad unless suffering a break-out) and have not had any problems since I started using it about 2 weeks ago, so I think it does help some. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't last allllll day for me, but about 6 hours. I put it on at about 7am and it stands strong until about 1-2pm, when it tends to become a little shiny and not as smooth looking. So I gave it 4 lippies for that reason. But its definitely a great bb and at 8 bucks??! You can't beat that! I'm mostly in shock that something that cheap would even work at all.

on 5/18/2014 7:36:00 PM

Down to the last drop of my second purchase of this stuff! This is my favorite bb cream so far! The color is more yellow-toned and coverage is better than most bb creams I've tried. I like how this smooths the look of my pores and for the most part does not accentuate my flakes. If it does, then it's time for me to exfoliate my face. (try apple cider vinegar on the face) The Aqua Petit jelly does not compare to this and it's even more expensive. I felt the Aqua was too chalky and takes more time to blend. Coverage on the clearing is better and smoother. Though the aqua may have a little bit better oil control, the Clearing pretty much lasts me a good 6 hours or so.

With either bb cream or any foundation for that matter, I always top it with my trusted Milani Even-Touch Powder in Fresco. This stuff makes the color of my foundation/ bb cream look skin like. Because it's yellow based- I look alive and not so pale or chalky. Oh, and I like to use my ELF Studio kabuki powder brush. (I just pat the powder over my face instead or brushing/sweeping the powder onto my face.)

I love the Clearing for its price, package and formula! Definitely recommend to oily and combo gals out there!