Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.3

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 8/30/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been on the search for a great foundation/BB cream that will hide what Korean pollution has done to my skin. So I was delighted to try this product on the idea that

a) it would under $10
b) adorable packing
c) it claimed it would make my skin better

So all around it seemed like a win-win. So as a BB cream I really like it, although I'm not sure if this is me or the BB cream if I start getting sweaty it will just sit on top of my skin noticeably (at least to me and I do not own a magnifying mirror), but it is a really good color match for me I'm N5/NC 15 for reference. The odd thing is that while it will sit on top of my skin it will also attempt to set into the lines I get under my eyes when I don't get enough sleep.

I find that while the packaging is adorable and really easy to just throw in your to-go make-up kit it is really bad about giving you too much product. There is a lot of product in this packaging, I don't wear it everyday, especially when we were having a heat wave, but it has lasted me about 5 months.

On the claim that it is a healing or "clearing" feature to it, I have yet to see it, I wear and super remove it and my skin hasn't gotten any better and my skin isn't that oily so I can't notice any improvement on that front.

PROs:
- Cheap if you can get it in person
- Easy for traveling
- Good match for people in a similar color range to me N5/NC15

CONs:

-Can settle into lines or above the skin
-Not really healing or clearing
- Often get to much product when squeezing.

I say I would buy it again because to me the most important thing is finding something that matches my skin tone and not if it clears up my skin.

I got this BB Cream because it was cheap and it had good skin care ingredients. The tea tree oil has always been a fav for my skin so I got this to try and here's what I think:

~ Leaves a nice matte finish
~Does not make me break out at all it actually helps dry then.
~It comes out a light beige but matches my NW-20 skin perfectly.
~It goes on easy with your fingers or for me I prefer a foundation brush. Like the MAC 190 or Urban's Good Karma Optical blurring brush. Love that brush btw:)
~It's a really good BB for the price I paid like 5 USD and it's a really good product.
~Feels excellent on your skin almost healing.
Con's
~To small of a tube to have to keep ordering from Korea
~Won't match all skin tones
Would I buy this again yes, because I'm interested in trying more of there products. This is a BB Cream people should try because it comes in many types so it can suit all skin types and for the price I am really happy with how good it is. I have some really expensive one's but find my self always reaching for this one.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This BB cream does provide nice coverage and the color was pretty good for my fair skin. It is also pretty inexpensive. The big disappointment for me is that it didn't work well for my oily skin. I had thought since it was supposed to be good for acne, it would also be good for oily skin. However, by mid-day, if I touched my forehead, it would literally come off on my hands. Trying to use blotting sheets worked no better--it just comes off on them.

on 3/18/2013 10:42:00 AM

I love this BB cream (I have the orange one). Coverage is great, it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way, it feels light on my skin and I don't feel I'm using anything. I don't know if it actually helps my skin in any way, but it certainly doesn't harm, accentuates or clogs pores. The only problem is the ONLY shade is too light for my NC30-ish skin (hence, minus one lippy). I'm hoping and wishing that I can wear it on winter. I'll update if I can.
Note: FYI, the different colors have different undertones. Green and orange have yellow undertone and blue and pink have pink undertones.

on 3/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

Please Lord... do not let me break out from this product! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for from a BB cream. I use this in conjunction with Shiseido's foundation brush (see my review). The colour is my skin tone to a tee. The texture.... I simply require a small dab on my foundation brush and it blends to a seamless dream. It actually looks air brushed. Lately, foundations have been turning orange on my skin... so far so good! I cannot believe that a cheap foundation ended up being my be all end all.

I use to use a primer, everyday mineral conceal, everyday minerals matte foundation, blush, and then a finishing powder. Now I can skip a few steps when I use this BB cream. I just stick this on, put on some blush, and finishing powder and I'm out the door. Sure it looks a little scary when you first put it on bc it has to still oxidize and it's on the light side, but the color comes out perfect for me. I love that it has tea tree oil in it and it hasn't broken me out since I've starting using it 3 months ago. I do own 3 different formulas and this one is by far my favorite out if all 4 of them.

on 4/15/2013 5:31:00 PM

I really like this bb cream...
the only ones ive tried were the hot pink one (forgot name) ,etude house mineral one ( broke me out like crazy) and lioeli ones..
lioeli isnt made for oily skin, so it had great coverage but i got reallly oily.
this one however, i wasnt expecting it to be any better
but omg, the staying power is amazing, really controles my oils!
my face has been matt for 5 hours and im really impressed ^^
note, this is when i wore it in the winter, and in the summer it lasts 2hours ><

** i have the clearing blue one :)

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!

on 2/26/2014 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this bb cream but not love. this product is really watery and blends well, but it only gives a light coverage for my skin and cannot really cover up my acne scars. It smells really good and the color match my skin well. But it's too watery to stay for a long time on me but it's good for a light makeup look

I have been through 3 tubes of this , my forth is on the way . And I love it ! It's perfect for everyday use and it's so easy to apply . It has build able coverage , and doesn't cake up . The price is amazing averaging 6 $ tube , so it really cant be beat ! I highly recommend this to everyone !