Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.3

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried A LOT of BB creams over the years, and there are only two that I have repurchased consistently, and this is one of them (the other being La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur).
I love Holika Holika's products and this was actually the first product I ever tried from their brand back in 2013. I've tried their Petit Jelly BB as well, but I like this one better.

As someone with acne prone combo skin with larger pores on and around my nose that are succeptable to blackheads and congestion, I appreciate products that don't cause breakouts or clog my pores such as this BB cream. I don't know if it actually "clears" my skin, but it certainly does not cause breakouts and it does do a pretty decent job at managing oil production.

When I first tried this I was concerned about the shade because it looked a little dark for my NC20 skin with neutral-yellow understones. Upon application I was surprised at how the shade seemed to just adjust to my skin tone and ended up looking perfect shade wise. I prefer to apply this BB cream with my fingers rather than a Beauty Blender or brush. A brush can make it a bit streaky and a Beauty Blender provides a rather sheer coverage. I feel it looks better and more natural applying with my fingers, and I also prefer it without silicone primers.

It's a rich, creamy consistency that initially feels thick, but it sheers out and blends beautifully.
For a BB cream, this has amazing coverage. We're talking foundation-like, higher spectrum medium coverage that covers redness, hyperpigmentation, and uneven tones. It's really incredible how much coverage this provides without looking heavy or cakey (my two arch nemeses).

It has a beautiful finish. It's not too matte and it's not too dewy. It's the perfect balance of the two.
I do have to set it with setting powder, especially in the heat and humidity, otherwise it can get a touch creasy around my eyes, forehead and nostrils after a few hours if I don't.
However, this BB cream maintains its coverage, and when set it doesn't patch, pool or separate and I never feel the need to reapply. I've worn this at times where I've been out all day from morning into the evening (I recall even wearing it during an all day trip to Disneyland...a real test if you ask me) and it never budged.

This BB cream also has 30 SPF which is awesome since I now live in TX and the sun and UV index here is monstrous. 30 SPF is pretty high for a BB or foundation which I don't mind, but I can't attest to any flashback since I'm generally not having having my picture taken in flash photography conditions. Given the amount of SPF I assume that it will have a flashback.

This BB cream also removes with ease. When I use this BB cream one makeup remover wipe removes it all unlike the 3 typically needed for my foundation.

It's generally affordable (as long as it's in stock on Amazon), easily transportable, and a tube can last me up to 9 months depending on how often I use it. It's performance for its price is incredible and imo works better than almost all of the high end brands I've tried (UD One And Done, I'm looking at you...) and has the most amazing coverage for a BB that I have ever encountered.

I'd definitely recommend it to those with sensitive skin that are prone to breakouts, clogged pores and blackheads who want great coverage without the heaviness and cakiness. I could see it working for dry skin (as long as you're exfoliated) to combo skin. Straight up oily skin might have a harder time with long time wear, but since it does pretty well at keeping oil production in check in my t-zone with setting powder it might still be workable (perhaps powdering before and after application could potentially prolong the wear. I've never tried it personally, but I just might to further prevent that creasing, now that I think of it).

All in all, I totally recommend giving it a shot and I will continue purchasing until it doesn't exist anymore.

on 11/15/2016 3:53:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago as my first Asian beauty product ever and I definitely do not regret a thing. The coverage is great and the SPF protection is a plus. My skin usually looks amazing after just one layer; I've never had the need to put on more. It's not as good when my skin gets dry during times I accidentally overcleanse and ends up looking powdery/flakey once it sets, so if your skin tends towards the dry side make sure to moisturize before using this BB cream.

It first goes on a little pale but it adjusts as it sets in. It looks matte and natural, and I've gotten multiple compliments on my complexion when no one could tell that I was wearing make up. It feels light on my face, which is great because I super don't like having my face feel heavy, or my nails, or anything. I don't even like putting on nail polish because it feels like it weighs down my fingertips.

I usually use the e.l.f. HD powder after putting it on. But in the beginning I've gone half a year without that, wearing solely only this makeup product everyday, so it's great on its own too. Also, even though it looks small, usually a tube of this lasts me AT LEAST 4 months with every day use.

My skin definitely is clearer than before, but I can't say it's because of this or because of the multiple other products I've tried over the course of time wearing this.

Overall, this is definitely a steal for being $3-$8, and I'd definitely recommend it! (As of right now, I think you can get it from Amazon for about $7 bucks and Jolse for about $6 but I'd recommend waiting for the very common 20% off sales on Jolse.)

EDIT: I saw that some reviewers didn't know the ingredients because it was all in Korean, so here is a list of the ingredients that I found on the Holika Holika Canadian website for those who hadn't seen it before.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Butyelene Glycol, Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate, Glyceryl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone, Phonoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum

This is my first Korean BB cream and I like it, though I don't have anything else to compare it to. The first time I used it, I sprayed a little bit of my UD De-slick setting spray and then buffed out the BB cream on my face--it stayed and didn't make me oily (probably because of the setting spray), and stayed matte on my face (the Clearing version is supposed to have a matte finish). It does leave a bit of a white cast on your face but I'm sure most Korean BB creams do this for a "brightening" effect. Today, I opted out of using my setting spray because I assumed that the BB cream sort of loses its purpose if it's sitting on top of another product like the spray; it still had the matte finish for the most part of the day, but I noticed when I got home (after a 6-hour shift inside an air-conditioned building), my face has gotten a little bit oily-looking but mostly in my t-zone (where I am normally the oiliest). It also has a very pleasant, kinda "rosy" smell to it that I don't mind, I am not super sensitive to fragrances and it does go away after a while. All in all it's not a bad product and I may repurchase once I am out--I bought it on Ebay for about $10 and I've read that the "original" packaging had a little picture of a cat on it, so I don't know if it's been remade or (and I hope not) I have a fake :(

I've just started using this BB cream and I love it! So far, all the other BB creams/foundations/primers all just sink into my huge pores and I end up an oily mess... This BB cream covers beautifully! Definitely wait 10-15 minutes for it to set because it is quite pale when you first apply it. I have medium tone skin so I also set it with a foundation powder and it looks great! This also lasts all day on my oily, oily skin!! I only had to blot once! I usually blot several times a day. Like I said, I've only just started using this so I can't say whether it clears acne or at least keeps it at bay, so I'll have to update...but I love it so far! :)

Ok, having tried both this line of BB creams and their Aqua ones I can confirm that these are the better quality BB creams from Holika Holika, they're much cheaper, look more natural, blend easier and the packaging is more sanitary

I originally got the moisture BB and loved it, it looked invisible once I'd blended the edges out to the point that my family didn't even notice I was wearing makeup and after trying this one I can safely say that it's the same effect from this one

It comes in a squeeze tube which I know some people will have a problem with, I personally like squeeze tubes for my foundation/BB/CC cream but everyone is entitled to their own tastes

The formulation of this one feels slightly thicker than the moisture BB but it still blends out just as well as that one and because the formula is thicker it seems to have better coverage

Full Size Image
(my hair looks shocking T_T)

There is a bit of a smell when you first apply it (it kind of smells like a hair gel I had when I was 10) but this seems to dissapear after a minute or two so it's not a big problem for me

The colour matches me perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better match (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and an NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference) it started out looking a bit dark in the swatch but as I blended it over my face it seemed to lighten up a bit and become more wearable

This stuff does seem to retain a bit of a tacky feeling on the face so you'd probably want to set it with a powder after wearing it for 10 minutes or so to get the skincare benefits from it

With the moisture one I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation from some acne scarring on my face dissapeared overnight, I've not used this one long enough to tell if it has the same effect, I'm not sure if these products have whitening properties since the ingredient list is in Korean but I figured I should mention that little tidbit of information

As far as price goes I got this off of eBay for 4, this is a 30ml tube so I think that is an excellent value proposition, in short I would recommend this to everyone based on my experiences

I've been using this for a year +, and I love it. I usually buy 3-4 bottles at a time on Amazon for about $6 a piece. My skin is always dry, easily irritated, and slightly acne prone. (less because I'm on the pill) I still have some hyper pigmented little red spots under the surface of my skin, and maybe one or two breakouts a month. This stuff has never irritated or broken me out, I doubt it is clearing, but it is not pore clogging. I live near Houston, TX where it is always humid, and I still wear this every day. If it's a hot/muggy day, I do notice a little shine after about 5 - 6 hours of wear...nothing a little bathroom break won't fix. I just go in the stall and blot with regular ol' tissue paper.

For the first time in my life something has matched my
very fair but yellow undertone skin! Because every fair skinned person in the world does NOT have pink undertones ::pouty face:: anyways I love this stuff, it's really too cheap not to give it a go in my opinion.

My only complaint is really that I haven't found a good foundation or concealer that mixes with this bb cream. I have L'oreal True Match that I use now, (for those tiny red spots left my acne years ago) but it always seems to separate and not mix very well with the bb cream. It's not too big of a con, I only use a second foundation when I have the time to get ready and be nit picky about my make up. I know its prob something to do with the base of both of them, oil, water, or silicone...If anybody knows what base this BB cream is let me know. In the mean time I will continue using it, until it is discontinued, and then I will buy the company, the patent, the formula...and make it my damn self, because this stuff is perfect.

I own the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing. I like the thin little plastic squeeze tube. It dispenses product well and is hygienic. The actual BB Cream is very thick and is hard to spread with your fingers. I think it would work better with a damp beauty blender or foundation brush. I applied this over my Tony Moly egg pore primer, and I have damaged, cystic-acne prone skin that gets very oily as the day wears on. I have had my makeup on for going on 8 hours and have only barely touched up with powder once, and haven't blotted at all. I have significant acne scarring, and another reviewer mentioned this offers almost no coverage...I beg to differ. It covers up pretty damn well for a bb cream and looks good on my face still yet. Yes, the color is fairly light. I used sparingly, and bronzed and blushed and it looks fine. It sucks the color range is so limited, but the price is right, and as long as I experience no adverse effects, I will repurchase.

on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides light coverage (about the same as Skin79's Hot Pink BB). For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my SF/blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~6 hours if you have oily skin like me. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

**edit Nov. '14** As cold weather sets in, I've found the matte finish unflattering for my drier cheeks and I am on the hunt for a better BB + moisturizer combo. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to using this Holika Holika BB cream on my T-area only.

I have been through 3 tubes of this , my forth is on the way . And I love it ! It's perfect for everyday use and it's so easy to apply . It has build able coverage , and doesn't cake up . The price is amazing averaging 6 $ tube , so it really cant be beat ! I highly recommend this to everyone !

on 2/26/2014 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this bb cream but not love. this product is really watery and blends well, but it only gives a light coverage for my skin and cannot really cover up my acne scars. It smells really good and the color match my skin well. But it's too watery to stay for a long time on me but it's good for a light makeup look