Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.3

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.