Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

I got this BB Cream because it was cheap and it had good skin care ingredients. The tea tree oil has always been a fav for my skin so I got this to try and here's what I think:

~ Leaves a nice matte finish
~Does not make me break out at all it actually helps dry then.
~It comes out a light beige but matches my NW-20 skin perfectly.
~It goes on easy with your fingers or for me I prefer a foundation brush. Like the MAC 190 or Urban's Good Karma Optical blurring brush. Love that brush btw:)
~It's a really good BB for the price I paid like 5 USD and it's a really good product.
~Feels excellent on your skin almost healing.
Con's
~To small of a tube to have to keep ordering from Korea
~Won't match all skin tones
Would I buy this again yes, because I'm interested in trying more of there products. This is a BB Cream people should try because it comes in many types so it can suit all skin types and for the price I am really happy with how good it is. I have some really expensive one's but find my self always reaching for this one.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This BB cream does provide nice coverage and the color was pretty good for my fair skin. It is also pretty inexpensive. The big disappointment for me is that it didn't work well for my oily skin. I had thought since it was supposed to be good for acne, it would also be good for oily skin. However, by mid-day, if I touched my forehead, it would literally come off on my hands. Trying to use blotting sheets worked no better--it just comes off on them.

on 10/14/2012 2:16:00 PM

This is actually one of the better bb-creams I've tried.
Pros:
- The color is pretty light and it fits me very well
- The color doesn't change during the day
- It does not break out my skin
- It stays on for a long time, and doesn't get very oily
- It covers well, I don't really need any concealer
- It brightens up my skin and it looks very fresh
Cons:
- It's a little too runny
- It sometimes comes out a little too much from the tube

Overall I'm very pleased with this one.

on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if this BB cream is clearing as it says. I didn't see any improvements so far and I've been using it for over 4 weeks. Also, I think this is not the best choice if you're looking for a BB cream with a decent oil control. The coverage is light but it can be built up, the shade is perfect for light skin tones. If you're looking for a convenient BB cream with light-medium coverage that doesn't feel "heavy" on your skin and doesn't oxidize you should try this out.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.

on 4/5/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this BB, at first I was worried it would be too white, but it blends in and oxides to match my skin just fine. Not sure if it exactly helps to clear my acne, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, so that is a plus.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

on 7/7/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was a little unsure of this at first, but it's totally grown on me! I reach for this every day now. I haven't used actual foundation in a couple months, and my skin is loving it! The texture is kind of thick so I was a little scared at first that this would break me out and be really heavy. It blends very nicely (a tad dark for me, but it works since its summer) and covers well. It can be layered for extra coverage. It isn't matte at first, but once it dries it is. I find that using a foundation brush works better than my fingers with this one. My only complaint is that I HAVE to wash my foundation brush after every use - I can't just do a quick rub on a paper towel with some cleaner. I don't know if it's the tea tree or another oil but it does make my brush really gunked up. My skin definitely looks better - I've changed a few of the products I'm using but this certainly hasn't hurt. My skin is softer and clearer and overall better looking! I've already ordered a second bottle. I do get a bit of wear through the day, but it doesn't look bad. Just more of a light coverage left. I've also used Skin79 pink label and Missha, and this is by far my favorite.

Edit 8/8/14:
I'm now on my 3rd bottle of this! I find that I'll stop wearing it for a while and go back to regular foundation, and every time I reach for this again I think "oh yea, this is so awesome!" It's just a great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!