Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 5/1/2017 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I probably got one of the worst type of skin: very oily, acne prone and super sensitive skin. This will not prevent break out but if ure looking for a very good coverage non-aggravating bb cream then this is for u. I use a blender sponge and blend this all over the face and use johnson's loose powder and use my palm to spread it.I lasts for more than 8hrs for me. Goodbye to all expensive foundations and bb creams.:)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent BB/Foundation product for oilier skins at a great price point! I understand this is called "Petite BB" because the tube is not as big as some comparable products, but the coverage this provides (yes! creamy, real coverage!) makes that a non-issue, as a little goes a long way. The only real drawback I can see in this product is lack of shade range. I have light gold and neutral undertones and run abt NC20 in MAC, and the color suits me fine, but I would caution anyone much deeper in tone, as it could look pasty. I like to buff this in with a stippling brush and set lightly with powder. It lasts well on my oily skin and looks natural.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this on recommendation by another MUAer, and OMG, I think this may be the best base product I've ever used. I'm super oily, and this controls oil like nothing else I've ever tried. I do blot and use a little translucent powder mid-day, but I could probably get away without it. This keeps me matte for hours!! It's medium coverage and goes on very very easily, I buff it in with a flat top brush. It blends in beautifully and doesn't highlight any dry spots. It has a very pretty matte finish. This $7 product is better than any of my (much) more expensive foundations. I've already bought a backup! If your skin is oily, I highly recommend this.

on 11/15/2016 3:53:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago as my first Asian beauty product ever and I definitely do not regret a thing. The coverage is great and the SPF protection is a plus. My skin usually looks amazing after just one layer; I've never had the need to put on more. It's not as good when my skin gets dry during times I accidentally overcleanse and ends up looking powdery/flakey once it sets, so if your skin tends towards the dry side make sure to moisturize before using this BB cream.

It first goes on a little pale but it adjusts as it sets in. It looks matte and natural, and I've gotten multiple compliments on my complexion when no one could tell that I was wearing make up. It feels light on my face, which is great because I super don't like having my face feel heavy, or my nails, or anything. I don't even like putting on nail polish because it feels like it weighs down my fingertips.

I usually use the e.l.f. HD powder after putting it on. But in the beginning I've gone half a year without that, wearing solely only this makeup product everyday, so it's great on its own too. Also, even though it looks small, usually a tube of this lasts me AT LEAST 4 months with every day use.

My skin definitely is clearer than before, but I can't say it's because of this or because of the multiple other products I've tried over the course of time wearing this.

Overall, this is definitely a steal for being $3-$8, and I'd definitely recommend it! (As of right now, I think you can get it from Amazon for about $7 bucks and Jolse for about $6 but I'd recommend waiting for the very common 20% off sales on Jolse.)

EDIT: I saw that some reviewers didn't know the ingredients because it was all in Korean, so here is a list of the ingredients that I found on the Holika Holika Canadian website for those who hadn't seen it before.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Butyelene Glycol, Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate, Glyceryl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone, Phonoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum

on 12/28/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love it. I'm mixed race but very very pale..but without the pink undertones. This BB cream matches my skin tone extremely well and DOESNT break me out. I'm amazed. I've had multiple people in my family say I look great, even after a long day.
I can't say for certain, but I have had a decrease in the amount of acne I've had since I started using it, which I'm attributing partially to the BB cream and partially to my Benton SnailBee essence (which I also love).

The only con for me, and it's so minor I'm not going to knock off a star, is I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's not a bad scent, I'm just not a big fan of scented facial products in general.

(It does contain tea tree oil, so if you're at all sensitive to salicylic acid, it might break you out or cause further irritation.)

I've just started using this BB cream and I love it! So far, all the other BB creams/foundations/primers all just sink into my huge pores and I end up an oily mess... This BB cream covers beautifully! Definitely wait 10-15 minutes for it to set because it is quite pale when you first apply it. I have medium tone skin so I also set it with a foundation powder and it looks great! This also lasts all day on my oily, oily skin!! I only had to blot once! I usually blot several times a day. Like I said, I've only just started using this so I can't say whether it clears acne or at least keeps it at bay, so I'll have to update...but I love it so far! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the third BB cream I have from the Holika Holika Petit line. I also own the Essential version and the Moisture version. This is my favorite line of BB creams by far; amazing coverage and very affordable price ($6).
This Clearing BB cream has the thickest consistency compared to the other ones I own from the line. I also noticed it is also beige toned when comparing the range of colors. Essential is the palest light ivory shade, Clearing is beige (just a tad more orange than Essential) and Moisture is the darkest of them all; a medium light with very pink undertones.

Coverage of this BB cream is great; very much on par with the other ones from the line. I love good coverage on my face products and this didn't dissapoint. So far, I haven't been able to testify its ability to help with acne, because I haven't had significant breakouts lately. But it has not provoked any adverse reaction to my sensitive oily skin. It has good wear time and has a matte finish. It matches my neck the best out of the three BB's I have.

The smell of this BB cream is the same as the other ones from the line. Flowery fresh, not too strong and it dissapears when blended into the skin. The fragrance does not offend me, it is actually familiar and very pleasant for my nose.

So far, I am loving this BB cream. And the Petit line has the most solid BB creams I have ever used, so far my favorites in the entire world. I hope this helps if you're considering purchasing this product. I promise you won't be dissapointed by its performance.

PS: The Holika Holika website does not state in their product listing that this BB cream has whitening agents. However, when I removed this BB cream from my face I noticed my complexion was a lot paler than my neck. Definitely got me thinking. Could it be because of the tea tree oil?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily/acne prone skin and many BB Creams are too shiny/greasy/orange by the end of the day. This product is matte on my skin, so I would NOT suggest it for someone with dry skin. I usually layer a moisturizer underneath it to keep my skin hydrated and by the end of the day my skin does feel a bit too dry, but as far as products go this has been the most successful at staying put and not breaking me out. I have started using less and less of it, even mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer so it lasts a long time for me even though the container is pretty small. At about $8, it is cheap and it almost annoys me the amount of money I have spent on more expensive products that made me breakout or had orangey tints, etc. I've reordered it once already, which I rarely do with any products so that is a big vote of confidence from me!

(It is a little on the greyish side, but I have some redness in my skin that it helps tone down).

Ok, having tried both this line of BB creams and their Aqua ones I can confirm that these are the better quality BB creams from Holika Holika, they're much cheaper, look more natural, blend easier and the packaging is more sanitary

I originally got the moisture BB and loved it, it looked invisible once I'd blended the edges out to the point that my family didn't even notice I was wearing makeup and after trying this one I can safely say that it's the same effect from this one

It comes in a squeeze tube which I know some people will have a problem with, I personally like squeeze tubes for my foundation/BB/CC cream but everyone is entitled to their own tastes

The formulation of this one feels slightly thicker than the moisture BB but it still blends out just as well as that one and because the formula is thicker it seems to have better coverage

Full Size Image
(my hair looks shocking T_T)

There is a bit of a smell when you first apply it (it kind of smells like a hair gel I had when I was 10) but this seems to dissapear after a minute or two so it's not a big problem for me

The colour matches me perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better match (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and an NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference) it started out looking a bit dark in the swatch but as I blended it over my face it seemed to lighten up a bit and become more wearable

This stuff does seem to retain a bit of a tacky feeling on the face so you'd probably want to set it with a powder after wearing it for 10 minutes or so to get the skincare benefits from it

With the moisture one I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation from some acne scarring on my face dissapeared overnight, I've not used this one long enough to tell if it has the same effect, I'm not sure if these products have whitening properties since the ingredient list is in Korean but I figured I should mention that little tidbit of information

As far as price goes I got this off of eBay for 4, this is a 30ml tube so I think that is an excellent value proposition, in short I would recommend this to everyone based on my experiences

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this one in clearing because I have zits. I got it when I was getting a batch of other stuff. Sometimes international food stores have it but there isn't a Holika Holika brick and mortar store around here. Which is a shame because there is a "Charmed" theme, hence the cat and witch logo lol.

It's an okay foundation and has a decent amount of pigment. If your skin color has a neutral or olive (not pink) undertone, and is between classic ivory and buff beige, sand beige etc in American brands, this will be a good fit. It's definitely more affordable than L'oreal et al.

It's the same price range as Wet n Wild or ELF. For me, it works whether or not I got dark from the sun. When I bought Cover Girl, I think my color was neutral buff. I like how the Holika Holika has a lot of coverage so sometimes I just dab it on my zit area.

This is especially good for that because unlike some creams, it doesn't have instant whitening. I haven't noticed it actually clearing up my pimples, but it's less comedogenic and more matte than other foundations.

It's less oily than the other popular Asian brand, Secret Key, and a similar product to Beauty Angel or Clever Cat. It's a little more pricey than Beauty Angel and Clever Cat though. Beauty Angel is $2 for a big tube. But, it's less pale than CC creams. CC creams are generally pale.

If you need to use a concealer over this BB cream, ELF cover sticks and concealers are great, and don't bead up.