Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 8/30/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been on the search for a great foundation/BB cream that will hide what Korean pollution has done to my skin. So I was delighted to try this product on the idea that

a) it would under $10
b) adorable packing
c) it claimed it would make my skin better

So all around it seemed like a win-win. So as a BB cream I really like it, although I'm not sure if this is me or the BB cream if I start getting sweaty it will just sit on top of my skin noticeably (at least to me and I do not own a magnifying mirror), but it is a really good color match for me I'm N5/NC 15 for reference. The odd thing is that while it will sit on top of my skin it will also attempt to set into the lines I get under my eyes when I don't get enough sleep.

I find that while the packaging is adorable and really easy to just throw in your to-go make-up kit it is really bad about giving you too much product. There is a lot of product in this packaging, I don't wear it everyday, especially when we were having a heat wave, but it has lasted me about 5 months.

On the claim that it is a healing or "clearing" feature to it, I have yet to see it, I wear and super remove it and my skin hasn't gotten any better and my skin isn't that oily so I can't notice any improvement on that front.

PROs:
- Cheap if you can get it in person
- Easy for traveling
- Good match for people in a similar color range to me N5/NC15

CONs:

-Can settle into lines or above the skin
-Not really healing or clearing
- Often get to much product when squeezing.

I say I would buy it again because to me the most important thing is finding something that matches my skin tone and not if it clears up my skin.

I got this BB Cream because it was cheap and it had good skin care ingredients. The tea tree oil has always been a fav for my skin so I got this to try and here's what I think:

~ Leaves a nice matte finish
~Does not make me break out at all it actually helps dry then.
~It comes out a light beige but matches my NW-20 skin perfectly.
~It goes on easy with your fingers or for me I prefer a foundation brush. Like the MAC 190 or Urban's Good Karma Optical blurring brush. Love that brush btw:)
~It's a really good BB for the price I paid like 5 USD and it's a really good product.
~Feels excellent on your skin almost healing.
Con's
~To small of a tube to have to keep ordering from Korea
~Won't match all skin tones
Would I buy this again yes, because I'm interested in trying more of there products. This is a BB Cream people should try because it comes in many types so it can suit all skin types and for the price I am really happy with how good it is. I have some really expensive one's but find my self always reaching for this one.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This BB cream does provide nice coverage and the color was pretty good for my fair skin. It is also pretty inexpensive. The big disappointment for me is that it didn't work well for my oily skin. I had thought since it was supposed to be good for acne, it would also be good for oily skin. However, by mid-day, if I touched my forehead, it would literally come off on my hands. Trying to use blotting sheets worked no better--it just comes off on them.

on 10/14/2012 2:16:00 PM

This is actually one of the better bb-creams I've tried.
Pros:
- The color is pretty light and it fits me very well
- The color doesn't change during the day
- It does not break out my skin
- It stays on for a long time, and doesn't get very oily
- It covers well, I don't really need any concealer
- It brightens up my skin and it looks very fresh
Cons:
- It's a little too runny
- It sometimes comes out a little too much from the tube

Overall I'm very pleased with this one.

on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't know if this BB cream is clearing as it says. I didn't see any improvements so far and I've been using it for over 4 weeks. Also, I think this is not the best choice if you're looking for a BB cream with a decent oil control. The coverage is light but it can be built up, the shade is perfect for light skin tones. If you're looking for a convenient BB cream with light-medium coverage that doesn't feel "heavy" on your skin and doesn't oxidize you should try this out.

on 2/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received this as a gift last winter and found that I quite like it. The color is light but it matches my skin tone in the winter quite well. I don't use it in the summer when I get a bit darker.
The coverage is light, but I like that. I hate heavy make-up. It seems a bit watery to me, but that makes application easier.
It doesn't break me out, but it didn't seem to help clear anything up when I occasionally get pimples.
The oil control is lacking. I get shiny after a few hours.
The BB cream does transfer. It transfers onto the collar of my shirts and the screen of my phone. However, this doesn't bother me much as I haven't found a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream that didn't transfer onto phone screens.
Lastly, the price is pretty darn good.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.

on 3/18/2013 10:42:00 AM

I love this BB cream (I have the orange one). Coverage is great, it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way, it feels light on my skin and I don't feel I'm using anything. I don't know if it actually helps my skin in any way, but it certainly doesn't harm, accentuates or clogs pores. The only problem is the ONLY shade is too light for my NC30-ish skin (hence, minus one lippy). I'm hoping and wishing that I can wear it on winter. I'll update if I can.
Note: FYI, the different colors have different undertones. Green and orange have yellow undertone and blue and pink have pink undertones.

on 3/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

Please Lord... do not let me break out from this product! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for from a BB cream. I use this in conjunction with Shiseido's foundation brush (see my review). The colour is my skin tone to a tee. The texture.... I simply require a small dab on my foundation brush and it blends to a seamless dream. It actually looks air brushed. Lately, foundations have been turning orange on my skin... so far so good! I cannot believe that a cheap foundation ended up being my be all end all.

on 4/5/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this BB, at first I was worried it would be too white, but it blends in and oxides to match my skin just fine. Not sure if it exactly helps to clear my acne, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, so that is a plus.