Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by age: 30-35
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.8

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried A LOT of BB creams over the years, and there are only two that I have repurchased consistently, and this is one of them (the other being La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur).
I love Holika Holika's products and this was actually the first product I ever tried from their brand back in 2013. I've tried their Petit Jelly BB as well, but I like this one better.

As someone with acne prone combo skin with larger pores on and around my nose that are succeptable to blackheads and congestion, I appreciate products that don't cause breakouts or clog my pores such as this BB cream. I don't know if it actually "clears" my skin, but it certainly does not cause breakouts and it does do a pretty decent job at managing oil production.

When I first tried this I was concerned about the shade because it looked a little dark for my NC20 skin with neutral-yellow understones. Upon application I was surprised at how the shade seemed to just adjust to my skin tone and ended up looking perfect shade wise. I prefer to apply this BB cream with my fingers rather than a Beauty Blender or brush. A brush can make it a bit streaky and a Beauty Blender provides a rather sheer coverage. I feel it looks better and more natural applying with my fingers, and I also prefer it without silicone primers.

It's a rich, creamy consistency that initially feels thick, but it sheers out and blends beautifully.
For a BB cream, this has amazing coverage. We're talking foundation-like, higher spectrum medium coverage that covers redness, hyperpigmentation, and uneven tones. It's really incredible how much coverage this provides without looking heavy or cakey (my two arch nemeses).

It has a beautiful finish. It's not too matte and it's not too dewy. It's the perfect balance of the two.
I do have to set it with setting powder, especially in the heat and humidity, otherwise it can get a touch creasy around my eyes, forehead and nostrils after a few hours if I don't.
However, this BB cream maintains its coverage, and when set it doesn't patch, pool or separate and I never feel the need to reapply. I've worn this at times where I've been out all day from morning into the evening (I recall even wearing it during an all day trip to Disneyland...a real test if you ask me) and it never budged.

This BB cream also has 30 SPF which is awesome since I now live in TX and the sun and UV index here is monstrous. 30 SPF is pretty high for a BB or foundation which I don't mind, but I can't attest to any flashback since I'm generally not having having my picture taken in flash photography conditions. Given the amount of SPF I assume that it will have a flashback.

This BB cream also removes with ease. When I use this BB cream one makeup remover wipe removes it all unlike the 3 typically needed for my foundation.

It's generally affordable (as long as it's in stock on Amazon), easily transportable, and a tube can last me up to 9 months depending on how often I use it. It's performance for its price is incredible and imo works better than almost all of the high end brands I've tried (UD One And Done, I'm looking at you...) and has the most amazing coverage for a BB that I have ever encountered.

I'd definitely recommend it to those with sensitive skin that are prone to breakouts, clogged pores and blackheads who want great coverage without the heaviness and cakiness. I could see it working for dry skin (as long as you're exfoliated) to combo skin. Straight up oily skin might have a harder time with long time wear, but since it does pretty well at keeping oil production in check in my t-zone with setting powder it might still be workable (perhaps powdering before and after application could potentially prolong the wear. I've never tried it personally, but I just might to further prevent that creasing, now that I think of it).

All in all, I totally recommend giving it a shot and I will continue purchasing until it doesn't exist anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent BB/Foundation product for oilier skins at a great price point! I understand this is called "Petite BB" because the tube is not as big as some comparable products, but the coverage this provides (yes! creamy, real coverage!) makes that a non-issue, as a little goes a long way. The only real drawback I can see in this product is lack of shade range. I have light gold and neutral undertones and run abt NC20 in MAC, and the color suits me fine, but I would caution anyone much deeper in tone, as it could look pasty. I like to buff this in with a stippling brush and set lightly with powder. It lasts well on my oily skin and looks natural.

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!

I got this BB Cream because it was cheap and it had good skin care ingredients. The tea tree oil has always been a fav for my skin so I got this to try and here's what I think:

~ Leaves a nice matte finish
~Does not make me break out at all it actually helps dry then.
~It comes out a light beige but matches my NW-20 skin perfectly.
~It goes on easy with your fingers or for me I prefer a foundation brush. Like the MAC 190 or Urban's Good Karma Optical blurring brush. Love that brush btw:)
~It's a really good BB for the price I paid like 5 USD and it's a really good product.
~Feels excellent on your skin almost healing.
Con's
~To small of a tube to have to keep ordering from Korea
~Won't match all skin tones
Would I buy this again yes, because I'm interested in trying more of there products. This is a BB Cream people should try because it comes in many types so it can suit all skin types and for the price I am really happy with how good it is. I have some really expensive one's but find my self always reaching for this one.