Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.5

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 7/7/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was a little unsure of this at first, but it's totally grown on me! I reach for this every day now. I haven't used actual foundation in a couple months, and my skin is loving it! The texture is kind of thick so I was a little scared at first that this would break me out and be really heavy. It blends very nicely (a tad dark for me, but it works since its summer) and covers well. It can be layered for extra coverage. It isn't matte at first, but once it dries it is. I find that using a foundation brush works better than my fingers with this one. My only complaint is that I HAVE to wash my foundation brush after every use - I can't just do a quick rub on a paper towel with some cleaner. I don't know if it's the tea tree or another oil but it does make my brush really gunked up. My skin definitely looks better - I've changed a few of the products I'm using but this certainly hasn't hurt. My skin is softer and clearer and overall better looking! I've already ordered a second bottle. I do get a bit of wear through the day, but it doesn't look bad. Just more of a light coverage left. I've also used Skin79 pink label and Missha, and this is by far my favorite.

Edit 8/8/14:
I'm now on my 3rd bottle of this! I find that I'll stop wearing it for a while and go back to regular foundation, and every time I reach for this again I think "oh yea, this is so awesome!" It's just a great.

on 5/9/2014 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Price:
This is a very affordable range of BB Creams, at around AU$6 each from ebay sellers in Korea. I love that there are 5 different types for different skin types & needs, but unfortunately they all come in just 1 colour. I don't think they make sample sachets, and I believe this has to do with their already affordable price. So it's a cheap gamble to make in order to find out if the 1 shade or the formula will suit you, but a gamble nonetheless.

Packaging:
The packaging is a squeeze tube with a twist on cap. There is no pump, but the nozzle has a decent sized opening with a flat top, so it's very easy to wipe off after dispensing product. It's also very easy to control how much product is squeezed out, and very secure to travel with as the cap doesn't just pop off leaving a pump exposed.

Consistency:
I used this a few years ago so I can't remember if the consistency was very runny or a thicker cream.

Application:
I do remember that this BB Cream blended out really easily. I just used my fingers to apply it, never tried a brush or sponge. It didn't dry too fast and I had enough time to spread it around, blend out the edges and stipple away any streaks before it dried.

Coverage:
I have quite normal skin and don't have breakouts year round, but tend to break out in Summer due to producing oil & sweat. I don't have large pores, just pinprick ones on my cheeks, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have fair skin with a mix of light and dark freckles, a little redness around my nose, some red marks from past blemishes and slight undereye circles.

I found that this BB Cream has a solid medium coverage, it completely covered the redness and darkness but didn't cover all of my freckles.

Finish:
Because this BB Cream is targeted towards oily and blemish prone skin, it does dry to a completely matte finish. I don't think it would be buildable. It smoothed over my slightly visible pores nicely, but I did look a bit crepey under the eyes so I recommend applying eye cream before using this (regardless if you have fine lines or not, you don't want to dry out that area!).

In Summer I can get quite oily on my chin and remain comfortable and shine free everywhere else, but in Winter my skin gets quite dry all over. I would never attempt to use this on my normal skin in Winter, but oily skinned gals might love it year round.

Scent:
I do not remember the scent, sorry!

Colour:
A lot of Korean BB Creams are too dark for me, but this Clearing one is SO pale with yellow undertones. It's a perfect match for my neck, which is much paler than my face and is what I prefer to match my base products to. For an easy universal reference, Revlon Colorstay in Ivory is too dark for me.

Wear:
I used this in Summer with no moisturiser underneath, and it lasted all day without turning cakey or looking dry as the day progressed. It was moisturising enough that I didn't produce excess oil to combat its matte finish. My skin felt normal when I removed it, I didn't feel dried out from the matte finish & Tea Tree Oil. But, it broke me out. Badly.

OVERALL:
Unfortunately, I didn't realise this contained Tea Tree Oil when I ordered it and began using it. I had tried using TTO on pimples in the past because everyone raved that it's a great zit zapper, but it never did anything for my blemishes. This was the product that finally drove the point home - my skin hates Tea Tree Oil. I'm not sure if I'm just sensitive to it or if I'm completely allergic to it, and I don't know the % of TTO in this BB Cream, but broke me out in large, deep, painful zits. It didn't cause a breakout the first day, but during the second day I could feel "blind" zits forming, the ones that are a red bump with no whitehead. On the third day, it created even more and the existing ones became painful. I stopped using it and the zits went away within a few days.

This is not a bad BB Cream at all, it's just not right for my skin. If your skin reacts positively to TTO you might really like this and it might actually help clear up your breakouts. If you're really pale you'll love it on its own, but if you're anything darker than pale you might want to use this as a "treatment" primer underneath a foundation or BB Cream that matches your skin. Whatever your skin type, I recommend applying eye cream and moisturising any dry or flaky patches beforehand.

Also, I highly recommend an oil cleanser to remove facial makeup, whether it be BB Cream or foundation. Regular makeup removers don't clear everything away. You can even just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don't want to purchase an Oil Cleanser. The oil breaks down ALL the makeup on your skin so it washes away leaving no residual product. Please don't forget to double cleanse (Oil Cleanse to remove the makeup then follow up with your regular cleanser).

I've been using this for a year +, and I love it. I usually buy 3-4 bottles at a time on Amazon for about $6 a piece. My skin is always dry, easily irritated, and slightly acne prone. (less because I'm on the pill) I still have some hyper pigmented little red spots under the surface of my skin, and maybe one or two breakouts a month. This stuff has never irritated or broken me out, I doubt it is clearing, but it is not pore clogging. I live near Houston, TX where it is always humid, and I still wear this every day. If it's a hot/muggy day, I do notice a little shine after about 5 - 6 hours of wear...nothing a little bathroom break won't fix. I just go in the stall and blot with regular ol' tissue paper.

For the first time in my life something has matched my
very fair but yellow undertone skin! Because every fair skinned person in the world does NOT have pink undertones ::pouty face:: anyways I love this stuff, it's really too cheap not to give it a go in my opinion.

My only complaint is really that I haven't found a good foundation or concealer that mixes with this bb cream. I have L'oreal True Match that I use now, (for those tiny red spots left my acne years ago) but it always seems to separate and not mix very well with the bb cream. It's not too big of a con, I only use a second foundation when I have the time to get ready and be nit picky about my make up. I know its prob something to do with the base of both of them, oil, water, or silicone...If anybody knows what base this BB cream is let me know. In the mean time I will continue using it, until it is discontinued, and then I will buy the company, the patent, the formula...and make it my damn self, because this stuff is perfect.

on 12/28/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love it. I'm mixed race but very very pale..but without the pink undertones. This BB cream matches my skin tone extremely well and DOESNT break me out. I'm amazed. I've had multiple people in my family say I look great, even after a long day.
I can't say for certain, but I have had a decrease in the amount of acne I've had since I started using it, which I'm attributing partially to the BB cream and partially to my Benton SnailBee essence (which I also love).

The only con for me, and it's so minor I'm not going to knock off a star, is I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's not a bad scent, I'm just not a big fan of scented facial products in general.

(It does contain tea tree oil, so if you're at all sensitive to salicylic acid, it might break you out or cause further irritation.)

Video Reviews & Tutorials