Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by age: 25-29
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.4

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 5/1/2017 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I probably got one of the worst type of skin: very oily, acne prone and super sensitive skin. This will not prevent break out but if ure looking for a very good coverage non-aggravating bb cream then this is for u. I use a blender sponge and blend this all over the face and use johnson's loose powder and use my palm to spread it.I lasts for more than 8hrs for me. Goodbye to all expensive foundations and bb creams.:)

on 12/28/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love it. I'm mixed race but very very pale..but without the pink undertones. This BB cream matches my skin tone extremely well and DOESNT break me out. I'm amazed. I've had multiple people in my family say I look great, even after a long day.
I can't say for certain, but I have had a decrease in the amount of acne I've had since I started using it, which I'm attributing partially to the BB cream and partially to my Benton SnailBee essence (which I also love).

The only con for me, and it's so minor I'm not going to knock off a star, is I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's not a bad scent, I'm just not a big fan of scented facial products in general.

(It does contain tea tree oil, so if you're at all sensitive to salicylic acid, it might break you out or cause further irritation.)

I really like this stuff. I am Caucasian with light-medium, combination, acne-prone skin. I don't like the look/feel of liquid foundation, so I wanted something a little lighter and more natural. I bought this in the winter and it was perfect!

By itself it is a little thick and hard to spread, but I combine it with a silicone primer before putting it on and it smoothes over my skin like a dream! Coverage is light-medium, but it builds really nicely over any imperfections. It certainly didn't clear my skin up, but I don't think it caused me to break out either. Kept me pretty matte throughout the day. BE WARNED: a little goes a LONG way! The first time I put it on I WAY over did it and looked like a freakish, pale clown.

The color is pretty light. It was okay for me in the winter, but now in June I'm finding it to be too light for my tanning skin--hence the 4 stars. It is definitely made for ladies with fair to light/medium skin, anything darker and you will look ashy. I wish it came in more color options!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB Cream is one of the worst possible for dry to very dry skin. It settles in every line you may have, even the subtle ones (Im 25 so there are not many deep lines to settle in). It feels and looks like a mask which is more than dissapointing for a BB Cream.
The texture is fine and so is the smell. I would not repurchase since it does nothing for my dry skin even though I bought the purple.

This is my first Korean BB cream and I like it, though I don't have anything else to compare it to. The first time I used it, I sprayed a little bit of my UD De-slick setting spray and then buffed out the BB cream on my face--it stayed and didn't make me oily (probably because of the setting spray), and stayed matte on my face (the Clearing version is supposed to have a matte finish). It does leave a bit of a white cast on your face but I'm sure most Korean BB creams do this for a "brightening" effect. Today, I opted out of using my setting spray because I assumed that the BB cream sort of loses its purpose if it's sitting on top of another product like the spray; it still had the matte finish for the most part of the day, but I noticed when I got home (after a 6-hour shift inside an air-conditioned building), my face has gotten a little bit oily-looking but mostly in my t-zone (where I am normally the oiliest). It also has a very pleasant, kinda "rosy" smell to it that I don't mind, I am not super sensitive to fragrances and it does go away after a while. All in all it's not a bad product and I may repurchase once I am out--I bought it on Ebay for about $10 and I've read that the "original" packaging had a little picture of a cat on it, so I don't know if it's been remade or (and I hope not) I have a fake :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily/acne prone skin and many BB Creams are too shiny/greasy/orange by the end of the day. This product is matte on my skin, so I would NOT suggest it for someone with dry skin. I usually layer a moisturizer underneath it to keep my skin hydrated and by the end of the day my skin does feel a bit too dry, but as far as products go this has been the most successful at staying put and not breaking me out. I have started using less and less of it, even mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer so it lasts a long time for me even though the container is pretty small. At about $8, it is cheap and it almost annoys me the amount of money I have spent on more expensive products that made me breakout or had orangey tints, etc. I've reordered it once already, which I rarely do with any products so that is a big vote of confidence from me!

(It is a little on the greyish side, but I have some redness in my skin that it helps tone down).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this one in clearing because I have zits. I got it when I was getting a batch of other stuff. Sometimes international food stores have it but there isn't a Holika Holika brick and mortar store around here. Which is a shame because there is a "Charmed" theme, hence the cat and witch logo lol.

It's an okay foundation and has a decent amount of pigment. If your skin color has a neutral or olive (not pink) undertone, and is between classic ivory and buff beige, sand beige etc in American brands, this will be a good fit. It's definitely more affordable than L'oreal et al.

It's the same price range as Wet n Wild or ELF. For me, it works whether or not I got dark from the sun. When I bought Cover Girl, I think my color was neutral buff. I like how the Holika Holika has a lot of coverage so sometimes I just dab it on my zit area.

This is especially good for that because unlike some creams, it doesn't have instant whitening. I haven't noticed it actually clearing up my pimples, but it's less comedogenic and more matte than other foundations.

It's less oily than the other popular Asian brand, Secret Key, and a similar product to Beauty Angel or Clever Cat. It's a little more pricey than Beauty Angel and Clever Cat though. Beauty Angel is $2 for a big tube. But, it's less pale than CC creams. CC creams are generally pale.

If you need to use a concealer over this BB cream, ELF cover sticks and concealers are great, and don't bead up.

I've been using this for a year +, and I love it. I usually buy 3-4 bottles at a time on Amazon for about $6 a piece. My skin is always dry, easily irritated, and slightly acne prone. (less because I'm on the pill) I still have some hyper pigmented little red spots under the surface of my skin, and maybe one or two breakouts a month. This stuff has never irritated or broken me out, I doubt it is clearing, but it is not pore clogging. I live near Houston, TX where it is always humid, and I still wear this every day. If it's a hot/muggy day, I do notice a little shine after about 5 - 6 hours of wear...nothing a little bathroom break won't fix. I just go in the stall and blot with regular ol' tissue paper.

For the first time in my life something has matched my
very fair but yellow undertone skin! Because every fair skinned person in the world does NOT have pink undertones ::pouty face:: anyways I love this stuff, it's really too cheap not to give it a go in my opinion.

My only complaint is really that I haven't found a good foundation or concealer that mixes with this bb cream. I have L'oreal True Match that I use now, (for those tiny red spots left my acne years ago) but it always seems to separate and not mix very well with the bb cream. It's not too big of a con, I only use a second foundation when I have the time to get ready and be nit picky about my make up. I know its prob something to do with the base of both of them, oil, water, or silicone...If anybody knows what base this BB cream is let me know. In the mean time I will continue using it, until it is discontinued, and then I will buy the company, the patent, the formula...and make it my damn self, because this stuff is perfect.

on 5/18/2014 7:36:00 PM

Down to the last drop of my second purchase of this stuff! This is my favorite bb cream so far! The color is more yellow-toned and coverage is better than most bb creams I've tried. I like how this smooths the look of my pores and for the most part does not accentuate my flakes. If it does, then it's time for me to exfoliate my face. (try apple cider vinegar on the face) The Aqua Petit jelly does not compare to this and it's even more expensive. I felt the Aqua was too chalky and takes more time to blend. Coverage on the clearing is better and smoother. Though the aqua may have a little bit better oil control, the Clearing pretty much lasts me a good 6 hours or so.

With either bb cream or any foundation for that matter, I always top it with my trusted Milani Even-Touch Powder in Fresco. This stuff makes the color of my foundation/ bb cream look skin like. Because it's yellow based- I look alive and not so pale or chalky. Oh, and I like to use my ELF Studio kabuki powder brush. (I just pat the powder over my face instead or brushing/sweeping the powder onto my face.)

I love the Clearing for its price, package and formula! Definitely recommend to oily and combo gals out there!

on 5/9/2014 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Price:
This is a very affordable range of BB Creams, at around AU$6 each from ebay sellers in Korea. I love that there are 5 different types for different skin types & needs, but unfortunately they all come in just 1 colour. I don't think they make sample sachets, and I believe this has to do with their already affordable price. So it's a cheap gamble to make in order to find out if the 1 shade or the formula will suit you, but a gamble nonetheless.

Packaging:
The packaging is a squeeze tube with a twist on cap. There is no pump, but the nozzle has a decent sized opening with a flat top, so it's very easy to wipe off after dispensing product. It's also very easy to control how much product is squeezed out, and very secure to travel with as the cap doesn't just pop off leaving a pump exposed.

Consistency:
I used this a few years ago so I can't remember if the consistency was very runny or a thicker cream.

Application:
I do remember that this BB Cream blended out really easily. I just used my fingers to apply it, never tried a brush or sponge. It didn't dry too fast and I had enough time to spread it around, blend out the edges and stipple away any streaks before it dried.

Coverage:
I have quite normal skin and don't have breakouts year round, but tend to break out in Summer due to producing oil & sweat. I don't have large pores, just pinprick ones on my cheeks, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have fair skin with a mix of light and dark freckles, a little redness around my nose, some red marks from past blemishes and slight undereye circles.

I found that this BB Cream has a solid medium coverage, it completely covered the redness and darkness but didn't cover all of my freckles.

Finish:
Because this BB Cream is targeted towards oily and blemish prone skin, it does dry to a completely matte finish. I don't think it would be buildable. It smoothed over my slightly visible pores nicely, but I did look a bit crepey under the eyes so I recommend applying eye cream before using this (regardless if you have fine lines or not, you don't want to dry out that area!).

In Summer I can get quite oily on my chin and remain comfortable and shine free everywhere else, but in Winter my skin gets quite dry all over. I would never attempt to use this on my normal skin in Winter, but oily skinned gals might love it year round.

Scent:
I do not remember the scent, sorry!

Colour:
A lot of Korean BB Creams are too dark for me, but this Clearing one is SO pale with yellow undertones. It's a perfect match for my neck, which is much paler than my face and is what I prefer to match my base products to. For an easy universal reference, Revlon Colorstay in Ivory is too dark for me.

Wear:
I used this in Summer with no moisturiser underneath, and it lasted all day without turning cakey or looking dry as the day progressed. It was moisturising enough that I didn't produce excess oil to combat its matte finish. My skin felt normal when I removed it, I didn't feel dried out from the matte finish & Tea Tree Oil. But, it broke me out. Badly.

OVERALL:
Unfortunately, I didn't realise this contained Tea Tree Oil when I ordered it and began using it. I had tried using TTO on pimples in the past because everyone raved that it's a great zit zapper, but it never did anything for my blemishes. This was the product that finally drove the point home - my skin hates Tea Tree Oil. I'm not sure if I'm just sensitive to it or if I'm completely allergic to it, and I don't know the % of TTO in this BB Cream, but broke me out in large, deep, painful zits. It didn't cause a breakout the first day, but during the second day I could feel "blind" zits forming, the ones that are a red bump with no whitehead. On the third day, it created even more and the existing ones became painful. I stopped using it and the zits went away within a few days.

This is not a bad BB Cream at all, it's just not right for my skin. If your skin reacts positively to TTO you might really like this and it might actually help clear up your breakouts. If you're really pale you'll love it on its own, but if you're anything darker than pale you might want to use this as a "treatment" primer underneath a foundation or BB Cream that matches your skin. Whatever your skin type, I recommend applying eye cream and moisturising any dry or flaky patches beforehand.

Also, I highly recommend an oil cleanser to remove facial makeup, whether it be BB Cream or foundation. Regular makeup removers don't clear everything away. You can even just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don't want to purchase an Oil Cleanser. The oil breaks down ALL the makeup on your skin so it washes away leaving no residual product. Please don't forget to double cleanse (Oil Cleanse to remove the makeup then follow up with your regular cleanser).