Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by age: 19-24
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 8/30/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been on the search for a great foundation/BB cream that will hide what Korean pollution has done to my skin. So I was delighted to try this product on the idea that

a) it would under $10
b) adorable packing
c) it claimed it would make my skin better

So all around it seemed like a win-win. So as a BB cream I really like it, although I'm not sure if this is me or the BB cream if I start getting sweaty it will just sit on top of my skin noticeably (at least to me and I do not own a magnifying mirror), but it is a really good color match for me I'm N5/NC 15 for reference. The odd thing is that while it will sit on top of my skin it will also attempt to set into the lines I get under my eyes when I don't get enough sleep.

I find that while the packaging is adorable and really easy to just throw in your to-go make-up kit it is really bad about giving you too much product. There is a lot of product in this packaging, I don't wear it everyday, especially when we were having a heat wave, but it has lasted me about 5 months.

On the claim that it is a healing or "clearing" feature to it, I have yet to see it, I wear and super remove it and my skin hasn't gotten any better and my skin isn't that oily so I can't notice any improvement on that front.

- Cheap if you can get it in person
- Easy for traveling
- Good match for people in a similar color range to me N5/NC15

-Can settle into lines or above the skin
-Not really healing or clearing
- Often get to much product when squeezing.

I say I would buy it again because to me the most important thing is finding something that matches my skin tone and not if it clears up my skin.

on 12/1/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't know if this BB cream is clearing as it says. I didn't see any improvements so far and I've been using it for over 4 weeks. Also, I think this is not the best choice if you're looking for a BB cream with a decent oil control. The coverage is light but it can be built up, the shade is perfect for light skin tones. If you're looking for a convenient BB cream with light-medium coverage that doesn't feel "heavy" on your skin and doesn't oxidize you should try this out.

on 2/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received this as a gift last winter and found that I quite like it. The color is light but it matches my skin tone in the winter quite well. I don't use it in the summer when I get a bit darker.
The coverage is light, but I like that. I hate heavy make-up. It seems a bit watery to me, but that makes application easier.
It doesn't break me out, but it didn't seem to help clear anything up when I occasionally get pimples.
The oil control is lacking. I get shiny after a few hours.
The BB cream does transfer. It transfers onto the collar of my shirts and the screen of my phone. However, this doesn't bother me much as I haven't found a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream that didn't transfer onto phone screens.
Lastly, the price is pretty darn good.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.

on 1/21/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend gave this to me as a gift, she knows me as a bb cream freak so on my birthday she knew exactly what to give. Ooh I love her so much! Anyway, this comes in four variants & I was given "Clearing".. It's supposed to help with acne or if you are prone to break-outs, this is for you. I can't vouch for its effectiveness in terms of clearing up the skin because I am mainly using this as a bb cream/foundation and not a treatment of some sort. Moving on! First of all, I love the fact that it has an added spf of 30 but if you're going for a swim or just be exposed to the sun a lot, don't ever replace this for your sunblock! Shade wise, this adjusts pretty well! Looks a lot better than my Missha Pore Cover which is too too grey for my liking. This is pretty neutral though & has the right amount of yellow to it too. For reference though, I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Coverage wise, it can go from light to medium although I wouldnt suggest trying to build it up to a full one because as with all foundations, it cakes. It stays for a decent amount of time - about 3 hours before I have to completely touch up or blot my t-zone. The price can't be beat as well so overall, I would definitely definitely recommend!!! xx

on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides light coverage (about the same as Skin79's Hot Pink BB). For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my SF/blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~6 hours if you have oily skin like me. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

**edit Nov. '14** As cold weather sets in, I've found the matte finish unflattering for my drier cheeks and I am on the hunt for a better BB + moisturizer combo. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to using this Holika Holika BB cream on my T-area only.