Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by age: 19-24
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.1

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 11/15/2016 3:53:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago as my first Asian beauty product ever and I definitely do not regret a thing. The coverage is great and the SPF protection is a plus. My skin usually looks amazing after just one layer; I've never had the need to put on more. It's not as good when my skin gets dry during times I accidentally overcleanse and ends up looking powdery/flakey once it sets, so if your skin tends towards the dry side make sure to moisturize before using this BB cream.

It first goes on a little pale but it adjusts as it sets in. It looks matte and natural, and I've gotten multiple compliments on my complexion when no one could tell that I was wearing make up. It feels light on my face, which is great because I super don't like having my face feel heavy, or my nails, or anything. I don't even like putting on nail polish because it feels like it weighs down my fingertips.

I usually use the e.l.f. HD powder after putting it on. But in the beginning I've gone half a year without that, wearing solely only this makeup product everyday, so it's great on its own too. Also, even though it looks small, usually a tube of this lasts me AT LEAST 4 months with every day use.

My skin definitely is clearer than before, but I can't say it's because of this or because of the multiple other products I've tried over the course of time wearing this.

Overall, this is definitely a steal for being $3-$8, and I'd definitely recommend it! (As of right now, I think you can get it from Amazon for about $7 bucks and Jolse for about $6 but I'd recommend waiting for the very common 20% off sales on Jolse.)

EDIT: I saw that some reviewers didn't know the ingredients because it was all in Korean, so here is a list of the ingredients that I found on the Holika Holika Canadian website for those who hadn't seen it before.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Butyelene Glycol, Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate, Glyceryl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone, Phonoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum

on 7/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

I wanted to love this SO MUCH.... but I didn't.

On the plus side, it gives good coverage (more than most BB creams), has good SPF, applies nicely and lasts for a fairly long time (although I still powder) BUT it breaks me out like nothing else.

I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or something else but I wouldn't buy it again, even though it's really good with everything else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the third BB cream I have from the Holika Holika Petit line. I also own the Essential version and the Moisture version. This is my favorite line of BB creams by far; amazing coverage and very affordable price ($6).
This Clearing BB cream has the thickest consistency compared to the other ones I own from the line. I also noticed it is also beige toned when comparing the range of colors. Essential is the palest light ivory shade, Clearing is beige (just a tad more orange than Essential) and Moisture is the darkest of them all; a medium light with very pink undertones.

Coverage of this BB cream is great; very much on par with the other ones from the line. I love good coverage on my face products and this didn't dissapoint. So far, I haven't been able to testify its ability to help with acne, because I haven't had significant breakouts lately. But it has not provoked any adverse reaction to my sensitive oily skin. It has good wear time and has a matte finish. It matches my neck the best out of the three BB's I have.

The smell of this BB cream is the same as the other ones from the line. Flowery fresh, not too strong and it dissapears when blended into the skin. The fragrance does not offend me, it is actually familiar and very pleasant for my nose.

So far, I am loving this BB cream. And the Petit line has the most solid BB creams I have ever used, so far my favorites in the entire world. I hope this helps if you're considering purchasing this product. I promise you won't be dissapointed by its performance.

PS: The Holika Holika website does not state in their product listing that this BB cream has whitening agents. However, when I removed this BB cream from my face I noticed my complexion was a lot paler than my neck. Definitely got me thinking. Could it be because of the tea tree oil?

Ok, having tried both this line of BB creams and their Aqua ones I can confirm that these are the better quality BB creams from Holika Holika, they're much cheaper, look more natural, blend easier and the packaging is more sanitary

I originally got the moisture BB and loved it, it looked invisible once I'd blended the edges out to the point that my family didn't even notice I was wearing makeup and after trying this one I can safely say that it's the same effect from this one

It comes in a squeeze tube which I know some people will have a problem with, I personally like squeeze tubes for my foundation/BB/CC cream but everyone is entitled to their own tastes

The formulation of this one feels slightly thicker than the moisture BB but it still blends out just as well as that one and because the formula is thicker it seems to have better coverage

Full Size Image
(my hair looks shocking T_T)

There is a bit of a smell when you first apply it (it kind of smells like a hair gel I had when I was 10) but this seems to dissapear after a minute or two so it's not a big problem for me

The colour matches me perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better match (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and an NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference) it started out looking a bit dark in the swatch but as I blended it over my face it seemed to lighten up a bit and become more wearable

This stuff does seem to retain a bit of a tacky feeling on the face so you'd probably want to set it with a powder after wearing it for 10 minutes or so to get the skincare benefits from it

With the moisture one I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation from some acne scarring on my face dissapeared overnight, I've not used this one long enough to tell if it has the same effect, I'm not sure if these products have whitening properties since the ingredient list is in Korean but I figured I should mention that little tidbit of information

As far as price goes I got this off of eBay for 4, this is a 30ml tube so I think that is an excellent value proposition, in short I would recommend this to everyone based on my experiences

on 3/24/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best bb I've tried so far! It has a gray tone to it but adjusts to a natural color within 30min. The coverage is medium/full. It is a bit moisturizing but not shiny. The oil-control is not the best but I love the finish. It wears great during the day. It looks more natural for every hour you wear it. I will repurchase!

I own the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing. I like the thin little plastic squeeze tube. It dispenses product well and is hygienic. The actual BB Cream is very thick and is hard to spread with your fingers. I think it would work better with a damp beauty blender or foundation brush. I applied this over my Tony Moly egg pore primer, and I have damaged, cystic-acne prone skin that gets very oily as the day wears on. I have had my makeup on for going on 8 hours and have only barely touched up with powder once, and haven't blotted at all. I have significant acne scarring, and another reviewer mentioned this offers almost no coverage...I beg to differ. It covers up pretty damn well for a bb cream and looks good on my face still yet. Yes, the color is fairly light. I used sparingly, and bronzed and blushed and it looks fine. It sucks the color range is so limited, but the price is right, and as long as I experience no adverse effects, I will repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian BB Creams. When my skin was better I used Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB (whew, what a mouthful) almost RELIGIOUSLY. Then I went off the pill and my face exploded and all was sad.

Enter Holika Holika's Petit BB Cream, so helpfully adorned with cats.
Surely this cat-cream would cover my blemishes.

It did!
And still does!

But, and it's an important but, it is VERY slightly too pink for my skintone. Best reference I can give you is Buff in Revlon CS Whipped, or Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics, but both of these were also slightly too pink. I'm light-ish-skinned, warm undertones, but VERY olive, and it's hard to match things to my skintone. If I wear this BB cream all over my face, it becomes apparent that my face is pink.

That being said...
NOTHING covers congested pores and blemishes like this stuff. It stays all day. ALL DAY. And my sad hormonal skin is suuuuper oily. My glasses leave a definite indent on the bridge of my nose, though. I powder/blot pretty often but none of this BB cream wears off or goes away.

So usually, what I do is use the Clearing BB Cream on my T-Zone and on top of any cystic blemishes. I then use a better-matching foundation (typically a cream-to-powder like Maybelline Shine Free) on the rest of my face, which altogether are a less jarring color match overall.

tl;dr - great for covering (not treating) active acne and scars, holds up to oil breakthrough without separating, little to transfer except onto glasses and sunglasses, not the best color match.

on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides light coverage (about the same as Skin79's Hot Pink BB). For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my SF/blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~6 hours if you have oily skin like me. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

**edit Nov. '14** As cold weather sets in, I've found the matte finish unflattering for my drier cheeks and I am on the hunt for a better BB + moisturizer combo. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to using this Holika Holika BB cream on my T-area only.

on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

on 1/21/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend gave this to me as a gift, she knows me as a bb cream freak so on my birthday she knew exactly what to give. Ooh I love her so much! Anyway, this comes in four variants & I was given "Clearing".. It's supposed to help with acne or if you are prone to break-outs, this is for you. I can't vouch for its effectiveness in terms of clearing up the skin because I am mainly using this as a bb cream/foundation and not a treatment of some sort. Moving on! First of all, I love the fact that it has an added spf of 30 but if you're going for a swim or just be exposed to the sun a lot, don't ever replace this for your sunblock! Shade wise, this adjusts pretty well! Looks a lot better than my Missha Pore Cover which is too too grey for my liking. This is pretty neutral though & has the right amount of yellow to it too. For reference though, I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Coverage wise, it can go from light to medium although I wouldnt suggest trying to build it up to a full one because as with all foundations, it cakes. It stays for a decent amount of time - about 3 hours before I have to completely touch up or blot my t-zone. The price can't be beat as well so overall, I would definitely definitely recommend!!! xx