Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Filtered by age: 19-24
Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

on 7/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

I wanted to love this SO MUCH.... but I didn't.

On the plus side, it gives good coverage (more than most BB creams), has good SPF, applies nicely and lasts for a fairly long time (although I still powder) BUT it breaks me out like nothing else.

I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or something else but I wouldn't buy it again, even though it's really good with everything else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the third BB cream I have from the Holika Holika Petit line. I also own the Essential version and the Moisture version. This is my favorite line of BB creams by far; amazing coverage and very affordable price ($6).
This Clearing BB cream has the thickest consistency compared to the other ones I own from the line. I also noticed it is also beige toned when comparing the range of colors. Essential is the palest light ivory shade, Clearing is beige (just a tad more orange than Essential) and Moisture is the darkest of them all; a medium light with very pink undertones.

Coverage of this BB cream is great; very much on par with the other ones from the line. I love good coverage on my face products and this didn't dissapoint. So far, I haven't been able to testify its ability to help with acne, because I haven't had significant breakouts lately. But it has not provoked any adverse reaction to my sensitive oily skin. It has good wear time and has a matte finish. It matches my neck the best out of the three BB's I have.

The smell of this BB cream is the same as the other ones from the line. Flowery fresh, not too strong and it dissapears when blended into the skin. The fragrance does not offend me, it is actually familiar and very pleasant for my nose.

So far, I am loving this BB cream. And the Petit line has the most solid BB creams I have ever used, so far my favorites in the entire world. I hope this helps if you're considering purchasing this product. I promise you won't be dissapointed by its performance.

PS: The Holika Holika website does not state in their product listing that this BB cream has whitening agents. However, when I removed this BB cream from my face I noticed my complexion was a lot paler than my neck. Definitely got me thinking. Could it be because of the tea tree oil?

Ok, having tried both this line of BB creams and their Aqua ones I can confirm that these are the better quality BB creams from Holika Holika, they're much cheaper, look more natural, blend easier and the packaging is more sanitary

I originally got the moisture BB and loved it, it looked invisible once I'd blended the edges out to the point that my family didn't even notice I was wearing makeup and after trying this one I can safely say that it's the same effect from this one

It comes in a squeeze tube which I know some people will have a problem with, I personally like squeeze tubes for my foundation/BB/CC cream but everyone is entitled to their own tastes

The formulation of this one feels slightly thicker than the moisture BB but it still blends out just as well as that one and because the formula is thicker it seems to have better coverage

Full Size Image
(my hair looks shocking T_T)

There is a bit of a smell when you first apply it (it kind of smells like a hair gel I had when I was 10) but this seems to dissapear after a minute or two so it's not a big problem for me

The colour matches me perfectly, I couldn't have asked for a better match (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and an NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for reference) it started out looking a bit dark in the swatch but as I blended it over my face it seemed to lighten up a bit and become more wearable

This stuff does seem to retain a bit of a tacky feeling on the face so you'd probably want to set it with a powder after wearing it for 10 minutes or so to get the skincare benefits from it

With the moisture one I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation from some acne scarring on my face dissapeared overnight, I've not used this one long enough to tell if it has the same effect, I'm not sure if these products have whitening properties since the ingredient list is in Korean but I figured I should mention that little tidbit of information

As far as price goes I got this off of eBay for 4, this is a 30ml tube so I think that is an excellent value proposition, in short I would recommend this to everyone based on my experiences

on 3/24/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best bb I've tried so far! It has a gray tone to it but adjusts to a natural color within 30min. The coverage is medium/full. It is a bit moisturizing but not shiny. The oil-control is not the best but I love the finish. It wears great during the day. It looks more natural for every hour you wear it. I will repurchase!

I own the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing. I like the thin little plastic squeeze tube. It dispenses product well and is hygienic. The actual BB Cream is very thick and is hard to spread with your fingers. I think it would work better with a damp beauty blender or foundation brush. I applied this over my Tony Moly egg pore primer, and I have damaged, cystic-acne prone skin that gets very oily as the day wears on. I have had my makeup on for going on 8 hours and have only barely touched up with powder once, and haven't blotted at all. I have significant acne scarring, and another reviewer mentioned this offers almost no coverage...I beg to differ. It covers up pretty damn well for a bb cream and looks good on my face still yet. Yes, the color is fairly light. I used sparingly, and bronzed and blushed and it looks fine. It sucks the color range is so limited, but the price is right, and as long as I experience no adverse effects, I will repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian BB Creams. When my skin was better I used Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB (whew, what a mouthful) almost RELIGIOUSLY. Then I went off the pill and my face exploded and all was sad.

Enter Holika Holika's Petit BB Cream, so helpfully adorned with cats.
Surely this cat-cream would cover my blemishes.

It did!
And still does!

But, and it's an important but, it is VERY slightly too pink for my skintone. Best reference I can give you is Buff in Revlon CS Whipped, or Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics, but both of these were also slightly too pink. I'm light-ish-skinned, warm undertones, but VERY olive, and it's hard to match things to my skintone. If I wear this BB cream all over my face, it becomes apparent that my face is pink.

That being said...
NOTHING covers congested pores and blemishes like this stuff. It stays all day. ALL DAY. And my sad hormonal skin is suuuuper oily. My glasses leave a definite indent on the bridge of my nose, though. I powder/blot pretty often but none of this BB cream wears off or goes away.

So usually, what I do is use the Clearing BB Cream on my T-Zone and on top of any cystic blemishes. I then use a better-matching foundation (typically a cream-to-powder like Maybelline Shine Free) on the rest of my face, which altogether are a less jarring color match overall.

tl;dr - great for covering (not treating) active acne and scars, holds up to oil breakthrough without separating, little to transfer except onto glasses and sunglasses, not the best color match.

on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides light coverage (about the same as Skin79's Hot Pink BB). For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my SF/blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~6 hours if you have oily skin like me. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

**edit Nov. '14** As cold weather sets in, I've found the matte finish unflattering for my drier cheeks and I am on the hunt for a better BB + moisturizer combo. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to using this Holika Holika BB cream on my T-area only.

on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

on 1/21/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend gave this to me as a gift, she knows me as a bb cream freak so on my birthday she knew exactly what to give. Ooh I love her so much! Anyway, this comes in four variants & I was given "Clearing".. It's supposed to help with acne or if you are prone to break-outs, this is for you. I can't vouch for its effectiveness in terms of clearing up the skin because I am mainly using this as a bb cream/foundation and not a treatment of some sort. Moving on! First of all, I love the fact that it has an added spf of 30 but if you're going for a swim or just be exposed to the sun a lot, don't ever replace this for your sunblock! Shade wise, this adjusts pretty well! Looks a lot better than my Missha Pore Cover which is too too grey for my liking. This is pretty neutral though & has the right amount of yellow to it too. For reference though, I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Coverage wise, it can go from light to medium although I wouldnt suggest trying to build it up to a full one because as with all foundations, it cakes. It stays for a decent amount of time - about 3 hours before I have to completely touch up or blot my t-zone. The price can't be beat as well so overall, I would definitely definitely recommend!!! xx

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.