3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

First the price: it seems to me it's really shot up! I saw it today at Duane Reade for $16.47!! When first bought this product just a couple of years ago it was only $7 and change at Drugstore Dot Com (I sure miss that place). Anyway, the product is great. I'm quite pale, and I try to take good care of my skin so I always pile on the SPF. At an SPF of 15, though, I use this product on winter/cloudy/more-indoor-than-out days. It does make my skin smooth and the color even, so I'd love it if the SPF were, say, 30. But it is what it is, and it has its place. Speaking of place, the container is small -- just right for a make-up bag, just right for the airport! So, it's very portable and handy. I'll get another when I find it at a reasonable price again.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 years ago

I ordered this online and I really like it. I'm fair skinned and the product is light creamy/peachy but does not colour my face, just gives it healthy glow. Because of that, I can wear it with or without makeup and it looks great! Love the fact that it has sunscreen in it and makeup applies beautifully on it and stays whole day (I use estee lauder double wear on it so its a good foundation too, i should try maybe with some drugstore ones to test its real ability though). Great value for money!!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

This primer comes in a tube bottle, in which the product is squeezed out. The primer itself comes in a light peach color and because of this and the fact that it has sunscreen, it leaves a white cast on my face. I sometimes find that this white cast accentuates the small bumps on my skin when I initially put the primer on, but this effect tends to fade away as the day goes by. If you have darker skin, I wouldn't recommend wearing this without makeup, as it is suggested on the packaging. After wearing this product for a couple of weeks now, I've found that it helps my makeup last longer and allows me to apply my makeup seamlessly. I also appreciate that it doesn't break me out since I have acne-prone skin. The only downfall of this primer is that it is a bit too expensive for a drugstore product. At my local Walgreens, I paid $14-15 for this primer. I would expect there to be more than 1 oz. of product in the tube for $14-$15. I think it should be $10 at most.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

2.0

4 years ago

I wanted to like this as it offers some skin benefits but it did not benefit me at all. It really made my oily skin look greasier, my makeup slipped around, and I started to break out. Not fun.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I bought this because I was looking for something with antioxidants. I'm on the road a lot so I was looking for something with antioxidants to give my skin a little extra protection from the elements. I have oily skin, and this is a little on the greasy side, and has shimmer in it, so it didn't work well for me as a primer. I feel like it just made me more oily and it made my foundation slide around my face more than it would if i just put it on my bare face. That being said I DO really like it when I mix a little bit in with my foundation (I generally use Maybelline Pure BB) over an oil control primer (Smashbox). I'll do a 2 part foundation to one part healthy skin ratio and it applied like a dream. It gives just the right amount of glow and hydration and I love that it has sunscreen and antioxidants. I bought mine at Ulta for $12.99, and I think it's worth it. I'm still looking for the perfect antioxidant infused primer, but I'll probably purchase this again just to continue to mix it with my foundation. I think this would be really nice to mix with an ultra matte foundation to give it a bit of a natural glow. Another little fun fact- I used this on my arms during the last show I played and I looked at some pictures that people had posted on Instagram and the sheen it gave off under the colored lights was really cool. Don't ask why I put it on my arms, I don't even wear body makeup, I think I was just bored.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

4 years ago

I wanted to say I love this product because it's a good product, makes your makeup hold for so long and very moisturizing. But I have dry combo skin and it must have been too moisturizing because it broke my chin out and around my mouth area. I tried experimenting with my foundations to see if that was the culprit, but every time I wore this primer I realized there was a new pimple forming on my face at the end of the night. Boo:(

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

4 years ago

I love this primer. Sometimes I use it by itself. It also smooths my face, works as a wrinkle filler, because the product is so thick. I tend to use a little more inbetween my bros for those finer lines. The product is thick, so you might want to mix it with serum or moisturizer on your hand and apply. This is a BB primer for me. It looks great under my foundations.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

2.0

5 years ago

This primer is tricky. I thought I liked it, but now I'm not so sure. It's definitely a "dead of winter" primer for me, because now that it is warmer, it does nothing for me. As of right now, I would say if you have VERY DRY skin, you should try it. It works pretty well when I am flaky. In warmer weather, I am a combination of dry and oily. My oil easily breaks through this (it doesn't break me out). If you are VERY dry, it will help with moisture. If you are anything else, I say skip it.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I experiment with primers often, always looking for the next best thing. I've always liked Neutrogena's skin products (not so much their foundations), so figured I'd give this one a try. It comes out of the tube with a light tint but goes on clear, and has a pleasant smell to it. However, I did not notice any difference in the way it made my makeup appear. There will be some days that I forget to apply it under my foundation and then I remember that it doesn't really matter because I can never tell a difference. It maybe minimizes my pores SLIGHTLY but other than that, nothing. It does make my foundation blend easier, though, so that's a plus. It's an okay product for the price but I will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

This is my "can't do without" product. I have been using it for years. It protects my skin against harmful rays, moisturizes without being greasy and leaves my skin with a slightly dewy look that makes my skin look younger. I wear it under foundation or alone. Love this stuff!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral