MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist

MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist
Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist

4.3

water/aqua, butylene glycol, Caffeine, Diamond Powder, Polysorbate 80, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Fragrance (parfum), Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was a random buy and I'm not even sure why I bought this since I don't need hydrating mists in my life. But, I wanted to see if it was a good makeup setting spray. I usually get oily all over by midday so that is when I powder up. However, sometimes powder will cake up w/ my oils and now I look like a crinkled paper bag. I figured this spray will come in handy in making everything look normal for once. This mist had so many personalities in as little as 20 minutes. This is the Sybil of facial mists. I used this once and that was all I needed in order to make my decision on it. I returned it the next day. I like a very slight dewy natural look with my makeup. Because I'm so oily, it's extremely tricky to create and maintain this look throughout the day. So many times I mess it up by adding too many or the wrong products to try to keep me looking natural during the day. I originally started the day with a matte foundation. By 5pm, my face was very oily all over. I powdered all over but it took all the oil and "glow" away and I looked very matte again. I sprayed the charged water on my face and it went back to looking very greasy and oily. I just left it like that and about 10 min after, I looked very cakey and dry. About 5 min later, I was back to looking oily all over and my skin felt extremely sticky and warm. As time went on, the charged water kind of just sat on my face. I HATED the feeling of it on my skin. It was like having a warm wet blanket soaked in honey and draped over my face on a hot and humid day. I couldn't wait to go home and wash my face. Once I went home to wash it off, my face was cakey again but with a sticky shiny film all over. Ugh, what a disaster.

on 6/24/2016 4:08:00 PM

I really like this product. I have dry, sensitive, and sometimes acne-prone skin. I usually steer clear of any base products from Mac because they irritate my skin, but this charged water is great! I spray it on right before I put on my make up, and I spritz in on my skin throughout the day when I am feeling dry. I would not use this as a primer, but more as a refreshing hydrator/toner if you struggle with dry or flaky skin.

on 1/31/2016 1:03:00 AM

This helps with dry skin. I use my beauty blender to put on my foundation and use this over. It helps my dry skin and the makeup does not flake off. I use it with fix +. My foundation lasts all day. I would repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This makes your makeup have a nice dewy finish..would def repurchase just so expensive and does not last me a long time

on 1/27/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing!!! Love using this with my beauty blender to apply my foundation. I simply wet my beauty blender, dot the foundation on my skin and the blend. Once done I spray my skin with this mist and set with powder. It lasts all day and has the most beautiful dewy finish. I should say that I have dehydrated/combo skin and this stuff doesn't exacerbate anything. Highly recommend!

Llevo un par de semanas usandolo, me ha dado buenos resultados sobre todo para finalizar mi maquillaje, me parece un buen sellador, no me gusto mucho directo en piel sin base de maquillaje, sentí como si me dilatara los poros. Podría volver a comprarlo pero aún prefiero agua termal de Avene en el caso que sea para hidratar la piel.

on 9/8/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I *love* this product! I use MAC Fix+ frequently as a setting spray, and I often use a setting spray on my face prior to makeup. I mist it lightly all over my entire face to help blend & sheer out my foundation. It also increases lasting power. I learned this trick from a MAC makeup artist several years ago. I was recently considering the Smashbox Primer Water, when I discovered it is literally the exact same ingredients as Charged Water. Since I am not able to use silicone-based primers without major breakouts, I love using setting spray or water-based products as my base layer. So, I now use Charged Water to help hydrate my skin prior to foundation, using the method I described earlier. I do not use this as a toner and I do not use it a makeup setting spray (after makeup). I don't find it works well at all for that. However, before makeup, it definitely helps my makeup last longer, hydrates, and works wonderfully as a primer. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've mentioned this in my other reviews regarding setting sprays and products of this nature, but I feel as though I'm missing something. I've tried a few setting sprays (Urban Decay B6, UD The All Nighter, ELF, etc.) and find them to all be useless products for the most part. I realize this product falls under the category of "toners" and is generally meant to be used prior to makeup application (like B6), and I also tried using this a few different ways before and after makeup and as a skincare product/toner. I didn't feel it irritated my skin or anything, but I didn't feel there was any noticeable difference in my skin's appearance. I ended up using the majority of the bottle on wetting eye shadows/pigments/cake liner and as a finishing spray if I used too much powder, etc. The reviews on this product are considerably good, especially from those who have dry or dull skin. I have pretty oily skin most of the time, so maybe this is another reason I didn't have much use for this product. I really loved the packaging because it looks great, sprays into a fine mist, and opens and closes by twisting the top. (I saved it to reuse and it is currently sitting on my vanity filled with water to wet my brush for my Laura Mercier Cake Liner everyday.) Overall, I did not get much use out of this product but would probably be willing to give it another chance if my skin decides to go through another dry phase. It costs $23 for 3.4 oz. and can be a great alternative to Fix+ depending on what you are using it for.

on 12/7/2014 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went to my local counter to purchase the Fix+, but it was currently out of stock, so they offered me this product instead, to moisturize my skin before applying face makeup... And I love it! My skin is more on the dry side, especially in winter and this product is an amazing addition to my charged water collection. After cleansing my face I use the mist first, wait until it's dry and then apply the Charged water gel cream and eye cream. This is just the perfect combination, leaves my skin very soft and gives a perfect base for my foundation. The effect lasts all day long, without it - sometimes after only a few hours - I had the feeling that my skin is in need of a "drink", but since I am using this in combo with the other two charged water gels I don't have this problem any more. I would definately recommend this product for people with dry skin. However it cannot be used to fixate your makeup after application, so I also bought the Fix+ and I will continue to repurchase them both.

on 8/30/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'd say this product is for dryer skin types in comparison to the Fix+ that MAC offers. After using it for months I found that, it looks more 'glossier' on the skin than the Fix+ and I felt like I went through it quicker than the Fix+. Nonetheless I still like it. Doing research though it seems that these refreshing spray type products are simply a concoction of glycerin and distilled water which essentially makes me think that these pricey variants aren't worth it. Overall I prefer the Fix+, I see this benefiting very dry skin.