Essie Stylenomics

3.8

on 11/1/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lovely adult like black-green nailpolish.
With adult I mean when I want to wear a dark nailpolish but don't want to look like my 15 year old emo-niece with Black nailpolish.
Very sophisticated colour.

on 9/21/2015 4:30:00 PM

Oh my heavens I have been looking yearsssss for a color like this!!

Ive been searching for a dark, deep black based GREEN for... Basically forever now. It's easy to find blackened blues, purples, ox bloods. But I haven't been able to pin down a green quite dark enough.

When I bought this I wasn't so sure. It looked a bit teal in the bottle and I was afraid it would pull too blue

Let me tell you this is perfection. I am fair skinned- nc20, pretty yellow in undertone. This is a perfect deep hunter that looks black indoors, but green when the light hits it.

I don't have much to say. Im in love! And the pigmentation is out of this world. I only needed 1 coat- 1 COAT to achieve the perfect coverage and depth. I did put a thin layer of black polish as a base to help make the color pop- im sure I would have needed 2 coats otherwise. But still- usually with my vampy shades I put black and then still need two coats-- so I'm impressed!!!

I can't comment on the wear yet bc it's only been a day but I find dark colors in general always chip faster than light colors.

I'm in love! This may be my new favorite nail polish in life

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

My take on this color (and I love it) is a classic British racing green - with a black base color. The black wins in darker lighting, and the green says hello in the sun.

on 11/12/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally got this polish after holding off for a year and now I am sorry. I loved the color, its such a deep hunter green and so pretty on my skin. I am cool toned and it just complimented it very nicely.

Formula was easy to work with, two coats and opaque, BUT, not 12 hours later and it was chipped and wearing off on the tips. I hate when polishes do this and Essie seems to be the main problem for me with this.

on 10/17/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this color. It's a deep dark forest green that is so dark it almost looks black but it's a soft look and not as harsh and cold as black is to wear. Even though this is a dusty/muted/muffled/softened green it seems to be neutral on me and not harsh and cold at all. This is a fantastic color for fall and it's rich and creamy and the formula is so nice to paint with. The polish has a great consistency and it's not thin or watery and covers completely in 2 easy coats. This does not streak or drag and it goes on evenly. I loved using this formula. While I really love this color and want to love this polish, I only painted my nails last evening and already not even 24 hours later I have small chips on the edges and/or corners of 5 nails and very noticible tip wear and I do wrap/cap the tips with every coat of polish I apply. So not even 1 full day in and I am already having to fix chips and the tip wear. Considering this polish is $9 I expected a much better performance than this. Color me very disappointed because I really love the formula and the color is so pretty on and perfect for fall/winter.

on 9/10/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was a bit disappointed in this polish. Online and in the bottle, this seems like a dangerously dark and interesting shade of green. However, when I painted it on my hands, it just turned black and only under very direct sunlight can you see hints of green. I feel that the advertisements were very misleading. Also, this polish stains like crazy even with a base coat. I will continue using this just because it's so similar to black (one of my favorite polish colors).

Despite being so dark, it wasn't completely opaque in one coat for me. It's also super glossy even without a top coat, so I suppose that's a good thing about this polish...

on 12/14/2013 6:12:00 PM

LOVE THIS POLISH! Really one of my favorites. I wish every polish would have this formula. Opaque in one coat, super easy to apply, love the colour. It does look look almost-black on the nail, but that doesn't bother me at all. I cannot believe it's rating is only 3,6 lippies.. That makes me sad :(

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this color. It goes great against my medium olive skin. I would say I have a great eye for color recognition. I really don't see this as a forest green at all. I notice reviewers were disappointed because they thought the shade would be more like forest green. This is a blackened teal. It looks like a blackened teal in the bottle as well as on the nail. There are no warm tones this color. I got exactly what I was expecting and I'm very happy with the color. This particular shade is pigmented so you only should be doing one coat. No complaints and will repurchase.

on 9/26/2013 3:03:00 PM

I would definitely look up swatches on this before buying--the color in the ad and even in the bottle is not accurate. I was looking for a deep forest green, and wanted exactly the color the ad showed. Unfortunately it's much more black than green. Under fluorescent lighting, it looks more like a blue-black than a green-black (almost like over-ripe blueberries). I can see the green only in very bright, natural light.
That's the reason it has 4 lippies instead of 5. It applies very nicely and really only needs 1 coat. It's a perfect fall color, especially if you're going for the "vampy" look. Holds up pretty well too, although like most dark colors, it does wear away more easily than lighter ones.
It doesn't stain your nails too badly, but 2 coats of basecoat will take care of that completely.

on 1/2/2013 5:49:00 PM

I was really disappointed in the color. You need 2 coats which makes this color appear black instead of dark green. I liked Armed and Ready more for a more dark teal color.

Popular Polishes