E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer Brush

E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer Brush

4.6

on 4/9/2016 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i definitely received a defective brush. i threw it out immediately because the bristles were uneven and the whole thing was a mess. on elf's website, their brush reviews seemed to be either 5 star amazing or a 1 star defect. i truly believe i got one of the defective brushes, which is a shame because elf is great and i was really looking forward to using it. hoping that in my future orders, i don't receive any more defective items.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is so awesome!! It's such a steal at only $3, and I definitely want to purchase a few more. The size seems a little larger than what I would have imagined for a concealer brush but it blends out concealer beautifully. I love this for both my undereye and for my face. The bristles are so soft, and I've never had a problem shedding. The bristles are synthetic and I've never had an issue with the black bristles bleeding. It's also super easy to clean too. One minor setback, it doesn't pick up product well. This doesn't bother me as I use a liquid concealer with a doe-foot wand, or I'll apply a concealer with my fingers (such as Pro Longwear). Just don't expect that you can dip this into a concealer pot and place the concealer on your face with much coverage. But for blending, this is amazing! It gives a really airbrushed look, but doesn't blend to the point where you've blended all of the product away. I even have used this to blend out my eyeshadow, despite the large size. This also is a good size for setting your under eye concealer with powder, and even highlighting. For $3, you really can't go wrong with this brush. I reach for this brush every day, and I am definitely going to repurchase!

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a few concealer brushes in my stash but I always find myself reaching for this one along with my other e.l.f studio brushes even over some of my higher end brushes believe it or not. I just love the airbrushed look that it gives me. Even when i'm in a hurry! I find it best to use this on blemishes and dark spots and discoloration around the face but around the under eye area? not so much. I have used it around that area before when I have time to meticulously blend out my under eye concealer but if you don't have the time to gently blend blend blend I wouldn't recommend it as it might tug or just not be gentle enough to some for the delicate eye area. Either way I am definitely keeping this one as a staple in my makeup brush stash and would definitely recommend it.

on 2/26/2016 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

NO! This brush was not soft on my eye area, this did not work out for me. It is sturdy but the bristles are too rough. I hope ELF can work on this brush.

on 2/1/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

*Ahem*

Buy this damn brush!!!

*Drops the mike, hella feedback, walks off stage*

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Such a nice brush! It's sturdy and well made. It doesn't shed one bit and it's gentle on my skin. It's really nice for blending liquid concealer.

on 1/14/2016 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this brush and I really look forward to getting a second or even a third one just to be sure. It's dense, soft and absolutely not scratchy, and feels wonderfully in my hand. I use it to stamp on concealer to increase coverage, blend out concealer and the edges around. I also blends out my eyeshadow primer and eyeshadows with this, but only on large area like the entire eyes or to blend the harsh line between my eyeshadows and my foundation. To be honest, for small blemishes (a small acne, say), this is not very precise since it's quite big, it still works if you try hard enough, but for large area of multiple blemishes, discolouration, under eye, it's perfect.
A con, that I don't really think that it's such a bad thing actually, is that it really DOES NOT pick up product, as well as don't suck any product in at all. I cannot pick up any powder with this, even liquid has a hard time holding on. But I guess since the brush is having none of it, it applies everything so well on the skin, As long as I don't press it down to hard and get product on the sides of the bristles, by the time I finish blending, the brush is nearly completely clean. Since it's relatively clean, I can use it for multiple purposes in one go and never have to worry about having another colour or concealer on it that could potentially mess up my makeup.
A definite win in my opinion.

on 12/14/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a versatile little brush. It's dense and rigid enough to work well, but the bristles are soft so it's not scratchy. I bought it on a whim when I was dealing with a bad acne breakout, after living 27 year without every having acne, and applying concealer consistently for the first time in my life. Let me tell you, this blends concealer beautifully and FAST. But I started using this for shadow as well, and it works just as well. I can use it to apply all over color and then also to blend my crease color in. Seriously perfect smokey eyes to be had here. Great for highlighting and contour blending as well, although since I'm very pale I require a large kabuki-style brush for blending bronzer. I wash this with Clinique brush cleaner and it works great! One time all the bristles came out while washing but I super glued them back in. Even if that hadn't of worked, it was only 3 bucks so I wouldn't have been upset, especially when most brushes are so expensive. I have several laying around the house, they're cheap enough to buy several and have become an important part of my makeup application!!

on 11/18/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush!! I use it with my concealer to highlight my under eye area. It flawlessly blends my concealer. I like that it doesn’t tug that sensitive area. I also use this same brush to add my setting powder then I just blend it in with a bigger brush. It doesn’t absorb any of the product while blending. I’ve had mine for a while already and it’s holding up fine no shedding.

on 10/15/2015 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

There are a couple ELF brushes I really love and keep spares of, but this isn't one of them. I don't find it soft enough to enjoy using it on my undereyes, and I didn't think it did a great job of blending my concealer. I've been using it to apply cheek contour, but now that I've bought a contour brush I really love (Sonia Kashuk), I don't really have a use for it.

Popular Makeup Brushes