E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer Brush

E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer Brush
Studio Flawless Concealer BrushStudio Flawless Concealer Brush

4.6

on 2/24/2017 12:50:00 PM

I find most concealer brushes are too small, maybe because my under eye circles are so big and the amount of concealer I would need they wouldn't spread it out properly. Not this. It's very soft and spreads concealer very well around my under eye area. With the thick concealers I use, it needs to be further blended with a foundation brush or sponge with foundation, so this isn't an all in one product for me. But it is perfect for powder, like the undereye powder elf makes. No wonder I have four of these.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the name this brush turned out to be too big for blending out concealer. However it is good for putting setting powder under the eyes or for a light eyeshadow application all over the eyelid.

on 2/4/2017 11:15:00 PM

I use this a lot to blend my contour in the hollows of my cheeks...90% of the time I use a Beauty Blender for this step, but some days I am rushed and just do a simple/quick contour, and this brush serves that purpose well. I have 3 of these brushes since they are ridiculously cheap, and I often also use one to sweep on a taupy or bronzy blush color above my contour...its a good little brush to have around, I think its a little too big/fluffy to be a full on concealer brush, but it definitely sets powder under the eyes well too.

So, I have a confession, I don't use this for concealer. I've never even tried it for concealer. But it's amazing for dusting powder under the eye, even blending out eyeshadow (I love bulky blending brushes to finish off eyeshadow), and even precises contouring. I have no issues when washing it, can't recall any color bleeding. It hasn't started shedding at all. If I didn't have 50 other eye and powder brushes, I'd be using this every day.

on 1/22/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love, love, love this brush! I'm finally starting to understand the rave about elf brushes (though I still think some of the most raved about, like their scratchy powder brush, are quite shit). This one however is very soft, and has just the right amount of density and length of bristles. To be honest, I haven't used it enough with wet products to say much about its performance there, but enough reviewers have sworn by it for concealer application for me to feel confident in that it's a great concealer brush, too. I, however, particularly love it for powder products. For eyeshadows actually, despite its size. It's great to add soft transition shades with, or to just blend with if you're doing a more simplistic look where you don't have to worry about muddying different shades together. It also works really well for setting the undereye area or even to highlight with if you want to be precise. I will definitely repurchase it in the future, when the time comes to retire my current one. I actually thought I lost it when travelling, just a couple of weeks after buying it, and I was ready to repurchase it right away before I found it. That's how fond of it I've become in a short period of time. Great little brush, especially for the price tag!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush has revolutionized my life. Okay, that's a little melodramatic. But seriously- having the right tools makes all the difference folks. What was I doing with my life before this came around? I wasn't setting my concealer properly, that's for sure.
I'm fairly certain this is available at most drugstores for around $3, so you really have no excuse- the ratings have spoken and this is a gem hidden amongst the druggist's shelves. It is soft, it is dense, it is fluffy, it is sized perfectly to accommodate the undereye area, or to contour with, or apply shadow. It has the multitasking thing for days- but make no mistake, for setting concealer it reigns supreme. Thank you E.L.F., for showing the drugstore brands how brushes get DONE.

on 4/9/2016 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i definitely received a defective brush. i threw it out immediately because the bristles were uneven and the whole thing was a mess. on elf's website, their brush reviews seemed to be either 5 star amazing or a 1 star defect. i truly believe i got one of the defective brushes, which is a shame because elf is great and i was really looking forward to using it. hoping that in my future orders, i don't receive any more defective items.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is so awesome!! It's such a steal at only $3, and I definitely want to purchase a few more. The size seems a little larger than what I would have imagined for a concealer brush but it blends out concealer beautifully. I love this for both my undereye and for my face. The bristles are so soft, and I've never had a problem shedding. The bristles are synthetic and I've never had an issue with the black bristles bleeding. It's also super easy to clean too. One minor setback, it doesn't pick up product well. This doesn't bother me as I use a liquid concealer with a doe-foot wand, or I'll apply a concealer with my fingers (such as Pro Longwear). Just don't expect that you can dip this into a concealer pot and place the concealer on your face with much coverage. But for blending, this is amazing! It gives a really airbrushed look, but doesn't blend to the point where you've blended all of the product away. I even have used this to blend out my eyeshadow, despite the large size. This also is a good size for setting your under eye concealer with powder, and even highlighting. For $3, you really can't go wrong with this brush. I reach for this brush every day, and I am definitely going to repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a few concealer brushes in my stash but I always find myself reaching for this one along with my other e.l.f studio brushes even over some of my higher end brushes believe it or not. I just love the airbrushed look that it gives me. Even when i'm in a hurry! I find it best to use this on blemishes and dark spots and discoloration around the face but around the under eye area? not so much. I have used it around that area before when I have time to meticulously blend out my under eye concealer but if you don't have the time to gently blend blend blend I wouldn't recommend it as it might tug or just not be gentle enough to some for the delicate eye area. Either way I am definitely keeping this one as a staple in my makeup brush stash and would definitely recommend it.

on 2/26/2016 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

NO! This brush was not soft on my eye area, this did not work out for me. It is sturdy but the bristles are too rough. I hope ELF can work on this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes