Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Not Your Mother's  Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

3.1

on 5/1/2018 5:45:00 PM

I had half of my hair cut off, and wasn't quite sure how to style it. I decided to go with something simple -- beach waves, and got this product. It works great on my baby fine hair. My hair is mostly straight with only a slight wave. This makes it more wavy, and I can wear my hair down with very little styling involved. It also makes my hair look thicker.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This doesn’t do very well at creating that beachy, wavy, textured hair you get from actual being at the beach. If you try to spray it it dries super fast and so you have to scrunch your hair one section at a time. And even then it mostly makes it look frizzy because it sticks to your hand and when you pull away it tangles up like a rat’s nest. But it does add texture and volume. And it smells good, like salt water and sunblock lotion. But ultimately it doesn’t do as advertised.

on 3/27/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This doesn't do a great job at what it's actually supposed to do-i.e., I don't get beautiful waves. However, it's better at creating volume than anything else I've used. I typically hate scented products, but the tropical banana scent is amazing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This doesn't dry my hair out it adds a lot of volume and texture. Also it smells amazing!!

on 10/30/2016 10:46:00 AM

Did not enhance my partially wavy/partially straight hair. John Frieda and Toni&Guy both do a much better job...:(

on 2/22/2016 8:39:00 AM

This product works well on my hair. I usually spray this on dry or towel dried hair and put it in a braid before going to sleep, the results are pretty looking waves the next morning :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sprayed in my wet hair before I went to sleep thinking it would turn out wavy.... It looked like crap when I woke up. no cute waves ... I do have naturally straight with a slight wave so I thought it would work. I had to use a waver thing to look presentable today. :/ would not repurchase.

(See my full review on this product on the other one, somehow I am showing 2 review versions of this product!) I am glad I read these reviews because I just dyed my hair w a semi permanent Demi reddish brown color (done over Sun In), so I didn't know it can make ur color fade & reds are notoriously the hardest color to keep true/fades out. Thanks ladies!! Also I didn't know the salt is what's making it dryer but that makes sense now to me. I liked this product, the scent is good! But I don't want my hair to be matte. It gave me great waves esp when used in conjunction w NYM grape curl creme & this will make ur hair smell really good! But I will avoid it for awhile. This is the only sea salt beachy waves product I have ever tried, I would esp be interested to compare w Paul Mitchell's beach spray. The spray bottle is really cool how that nozzle works & I am gonna def save the bottle after I use it up. It's so cute the little blurbs they write on the back of the bottle! Well I guess this review ended up being longer than my original review, I do apologize.... I would rebuy this product except for that I am curious to try another brand & I am always on to the next latest greatest new thing!! This is overall a good product for a fair price. They have it at CVS & Target. I plan to use it up & go for a diff brand like the PM. I love all of the NYM products. If ur looking for an affordable good beachy waves spray TRY THIS 1!! Thanks for reading.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: it smells like summer! Cons: it doesn't work, and dries out my hair. Overall a bad product

on 8/21/2014 6:04:00 PM

Finding a sea salt spray for my hair is so difficult! I wanted something budget friendly but that will still live up to its descriptions. I searched and searched and stumbled on this gem.

I took this on vacation to Mexico. I knew sea salt dries out your hair so I bought a leave in conditioner to go with (Nexxus Hydrating conditioner). I applied the conditioner first, then sprayed the sea salt afterwards. I have a lot of hair so I have to use a lot of product to get the results I want.
I air dried my hair while on Mexico because I didn't want to fumble with heat! My hair turned out amazing. My hair is naturally wavy, so this product enhances my waves. It smells delicious and I'm already on a second bottle. I love it that much.

My hair had gorgeous enhanced waves and had body, too. My hair was never limp and it made my hair look like I came out of the ocean. Awesome stuff!

I suggest to add a leave in conditioner prior to using this. I think that could help others.