Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray

Phyto Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray

3.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This came in a set. I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.Tried it twice. Both times made my scalp itchy and dirty looking. I am not a regular user of volumizing products, so perhaps my application wasn't the best. But the main ingredient in this is alcohol. Not something I want on my scalp, thanks!

on 6/6/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product as a recommendation for a volumizer. It has a chemical smell and is a bit sticky when applying and after styling. It actually performs reasonably well, but only if I don't use it every day for some reason. This is definitely not my first choice as a product and it is on the expensive side (around $30 when I bought it). Because it is not always a reliable product I will not be purchasing it again.

on 6/24/2015 9:09:00 PM

HALLELUJAH - FINALLY something that gives my fine hair the thick look I've always wanted - YIPPEEE!!! Yesterday was very hot here and someone actually stopped me to ask how I keep my hair so full on such a humid day - WOOT WOOT! I follow the directions on the can, spraying it onto my roots in small sections while it's still damp. I then add super cheap Aussie mousse to the rest of my hair, blow dry and throw in hot rollers - VAVOOM - body like I've never seen before!!! Yes, the price is crazy, but well worth it for me - I can't even begin to imagine all the money I've spent on unsuccessful products over the years - ugh. Plus, I can always return it to Sephora if it bursts my bubble and stops working. THANK YOU, Phyto, and whichever online review article re fine hair products where I found out about it! :-)

Bought this because of the rave reviews online. Apparently YMMV. This did nothing for my straight, fine hair. I bought the whole volumizing line: shampoo, conditioner and spray. I used together and also mixed and matched with other products to see if there was any difference. None. This whole line was a bust for me. And an expensive one.

on 1/13/2013 3:44:00 PM

I do like this, and the smell disappears after your hair dries. It does smell like some old perfume though lol.
Anyway, I dried my hair maybe 50%, and then sprayed this around the crown of my hair. I didnt go crazy with it. I truly felt it gave my hair some bounce.I am not sure if there is anything that will make your hair huge on its on without teasing lol, but this sure did help, and I didnt have that dreaded sticky coated feeling left on my hair like every volume product gives. I dont understand why most volumizing products are made to coat your hair to make each strand feel thicker. I mean, yes, that makes sense, but if your fine hairs are weighed down because they are loaded and coated with gross build up, then its still gonna be flat on top!! who cares about making each strand thicker, just give me some bounce and volume at my root please. lol. I loved it though because I felt like when I curled my side fringe, it really held good and I looked like I had that volume shiny bouncy hair.
I do think that your shampoo is extremely important though when it comes to volume and styling your hair. I just recently bought a lot of phyto shampoos to test, and I loved phytopanama last week, and this week I just used phytodensium, which gave more bounce than panama. But BOTH left my scalp clean and my hair shiny. The phytodensium just gave me a tad more bounce. but I will still use them both. I think this phyto line is truly amazing. I cannot wait to test the rest of the shampoos I got. I am testing them, one week at a time, to see how and if they build up on hair, and how they affect styling over a week.

This is great if I only use it (and their volumizing shampoo) every so often. It's like it completely ceases to work if I use it every time after I wash my hair. When it does work, it gives tremendous body, but it also makes my roots a little sticky (my husband says a lot sticky).

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have tried a ton of volume products because I have Lupus, which equals thinning hair. This product has helped give me back the volume I lost. I would advise anyone who has thin hair to give this a try. It helped me, so it may help you.

I'm on my 3rd bottle. I LOVE this stuff. It really gives me believable volume. To use, I just put some spritzes (the packaging is great) into the roots of my damp hair and blowdry with my hair flipped over. This stuff is AWESOME and lasts forever. I use about 3-4 times a week and a bottle easily lasts me 6 months. I really can't believe the low ratings!!!

To start off w/ a background of my hair....I have been having issues with my hair since moving to a house with a well and not sure if it's 100% the well, or the stress caused at the same time of the move...But I have noticed thinning and I already have fine hair. I use to have a TON of fine hair...now I notice that I can't even keep hair spray staying in my hair. It's so odd and it's been driving me nuts. I've tried countless products and I've spent so much $$ I don't even like to think about it. But I saw good reviews on this spray and I only used it once yesterday, but I could not wait to post a review. I am SO happy with it!!! Highly recommend atleast trying it. I used this, followed by Bumble & Bumble undressing texture cream. I was so impressed.

on 12/30/2010 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This might be a premature review but I am really enjoying this product! I got it earlier this week after my hair stylist used it on me. It's really great for given a lift in the front so your hair doesn't just lay flat on your forehead (a look I sported in High School when I was insecure about forehead blemishes...my mom hated it). I let my hair go for about 3 days and it still had that lift from the first day. I used it in my hair wet and then blew my hair dry upside down for some extra volume and brushed out the product so it wasn't crispy (I cannot stand crispiness in a hair product...it irks me to no end). I also went back when my hair was dry and sprayed a little more just from some more oomph in the front...and no crisp was to be found! I was very pleased. I have little basis for comparison for this product as I have only used one other root-lifter...the John Frieda Root Lifting Spray. But that product didn't do a thing for my hair. At all. So this is pretty fantastic in comparison and independently. It is pricey, I believe I paid about 27 dollars for the bottle and I will have to wait and see how far this bottle goes. But so far, so good!

Popular Styling Products