Jordana Lipstick- Mauve

Jordana Lipstick - Mauve #1Jordana Lipstick - Mauve #2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Normally berry-mauve type lipsticks look nice on me. This one doesn't. I'm light yellow/olive and for some reason this combination of mauve and brown makes me look ill. I think it may bring out the green in my skin, combined with natural mid-faced rudiness it's just a bad look.

The is a mid-tones, muted brown-mauve. It applies semi-sheer but layering helps to build intensity. The finish never gets to the opaque, thick point that demi-mattes do, more or a sheer-cream look. Even when the color is built up there is a sense of translucency to the formula.

I generally enjoy Jordana's lipsticks, this one goes on smoothly and has the line's typical artificial watermelon scent (which I love). It also has the typical crappy packaging with an exposed bullet and wobbly lid.

I'll buy more Jordana, but not this particular shade.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Mauve is well... mauve. It is a pretty mid-tone mauve, and I find it to be incredibly flattering on my pale skin (though I think it would look amazing on deeper skintones as well, but it might pull more pinky rather than a true mauve.) The wear is nice and the formula feels comfortable on the lips. This is a good every day non-nude lipstick that would be great for the workplace, as it looks sophisticated. You don't have to tell anyone it was only $1; just let them wonder what your fabulous and beautiful lipstick is.

On my lips, this lipstick looks like a slight dusty rose but slightly on the brown side??
Either way I like the colour and look of the Jordana Lipstick Mauve.
Has a slight shine - isn't Matte finish.
Colour is great for people who want a natural but different lip look.
I use a lip primer so I haven't seen much issue so far with the lipstick - although I have only worn it for a photo and immediate first impression for application.
It's a nice cheap lipstick that works well, not as creamy as others I have tried but for cost effective lipsticks that give that subtle extra hint of 'somethin somethin' this is a good recommendation.

Nice color!I used to have this lipstick some time ago, I really like it. It was a very neutral color for me, because my lips are sort of mauve already. it's not a moisturizing lipstick, but it's not drying either. I would buy again.

on 12/27/2003 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At first, when I saw it in the tube I thought this shade won't look good on me, but I wanted to give it a try, so took it home. Surprisingly, it works! :) The color is a creamy medium rose with some plum/berry undertones. I have a warm complexion but I'm happy with this lipstick, looks very natural, great shade for fall/winter. By the way, always remember to use lipbalm before applying Jordana lipsticks. Nice product for the price, dirt cheap!

Popular Lipsticks