Lady Gaga - Fame

Lady Gaga - Fame
image 1image 2image 3

3.2

on 2/28/2016 6:14:00 AM

You would think a pop singer with the persona that Lady Gaga has she would put out a really avante guarde scent....a scent that pushes buttons....a scent that screams different. Alas, though, that is not what happened with Fame. I remember reading once that she said she wanted her first fragrance to smell like semen and blood. That is kind of gross to think aobut but Fame is hardly that. It is a very safe fragrance and is very light......kind of a skin scent. It does have a lovely note of apricot which i at first mistook for oranges. It eventually develops into a smokey, incense type of fragrance which is nice too. The bottle is really cool and the gimmicky black liquid is kind of neat as well. If you like apricots or citrus fragrances in general you might like this but just dont expect too much.

on 2/21/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Love this perfume. I'm not a 'little monster', but when I first saw it I thought...I wonder what someone like Lady Gaga thinks smells good, suspecting it was likely to be pretty bizarre.

And it is, but not in a bad way. It's a 'dark' fruity floral. It is assertive without being aggressive, though I would limit myself to no more than two sprays were I you.
Lasting power is amazing, most of the day. It can be had very cheaply nowadays and I have several bottles in my stash.
(The ancillary products btw, the lotion/shower gel/etc smell nothing like the juice and I don't recommend them for layering.)

My husband likes this one. When I'd wear it he'd say 'you smell good'and one day he noticed the actual bottle, picked it up, examined it, uncapped it to sniff the nozzle...said 'that smells good'.
I'm not 100% sure he connected the two 'smells goods' but what can you do. :)

I haven't taken the time to describe the scent because everyone's experience is different. But when someone tells you 'it's soft' versus 'assertive', that stuff helps me.
You should not wear this if you are looking to be quiet at the office. If you like 'Alien' by Thierry Mugler, it's more THAT type of thing. I don't mean they smell alike, just that they are very unique scents that you have to wear and not be worn by.

I like it.

To Read all 147 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/13/2016 8:50:00 PM

I love this perfume. It smells so good. It's kind of floral to me, but there's also hints of something else I can't put my finger on. I finished the bottle fairly quickly, and just repurchased it while it was on sale, yay!

It's too strong for my mom and my best friend, so if you can test it out before purchasing, I would recommend you do so. The packaging looks okay, It's pretty different compared to other perfumes packaging. I don't have any problems with the cap, as another reviewer mentioned.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm not a gaga fan but this perfume is awesome! I'm normally into floral/sweet scents such as the Marc Jacobs daisy line, Victoria secret, coach poppy, etc but I really love this. it smells sweet, very slight vanilla and musk on me. I love it. however, the packaging in my opinion is pretty boring

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this perfume for over a year, and I am very happy with the drop in price. One of my favourite perfumes.

Pros:

Nice and original packaging.
Very pleasant smell.
Long lasting.

Cons:

I've heard this has been discontinued, however appears to be easy to get a hold of online. Possibly due to suppliers selling their last bottles.
Top is hard to twist off.

on 11/28/2015 1:43:00 AM

Look, I really like this fragrance. I am complimented on it often!!!

on 10/24/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely my favourite perfume. I believe that most bad reviews are from Gaga haters. This perfume,however, is great. I love the packaging and the whole "Black that turns transparent" concept, and it smells so "dark". The only thing I do not like is that it doesn't stay on my skin for many hours.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Sorry little monsters: you are lovely but this fragrance is sucky. You know what this smells like? When you used to run your hand along iron railings as a kid and then you'd end up with that horrible metallic smell on your palm. Wait actually...it smells exactly like gasoline, sweat and old used dollar bills. Was that the concept? Cigarette ash, sex, sweat, blood, dollar bills...FAME! Okay. I get it. But still, that doesn't mean I want to smell like my ex boyfriend's second hand Camaro. This perfume is enough to give anyone a migraine. Horrible.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Two years ago I purchased the gift set with 3.4 oz edp, rollerball edp and shower gel.The idea of a black fluid is intriguing and I like the bottle but the cap is a bit much. On me Fame is a sweet, musky feminine scent. I get the apricot and honey mostly. On me it smells very much like Lancome Tresor which is a favorite. Fame is less expensive so when I run out of Tresor I will not repurchase. A shame Fame is discontinued. I have ordered the body lotion from Ebay.

on 1/11/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

call me crazy, but I tried this on at the store and had nightmares and insomnia for days afterward. It smells good but I read that it contains deadly night shade...should anyone be putting that on their skin? I love Gaga but I think I'll steer clear of this perfume.

Popular Fragrances