OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby

4.4

This colour is very pretty, silky orangey red. For me it looks like a slightly more orange version of OPI Die Another Day. It's also very close to Mavala Cadiz, which is just slightly paler.

When applied the brush strokes are visible and it takes time and skill to smooth them over. I find the metallic finish shows any imperfections of the nail, such as ridges and peeled nails, so you have to make sure the surface is smooth.

Overall I really like this polish, but the colour is not special enough for me to buy it again.

Gorgeous, shiny orange red with great staying power! A great color for fall or the holidays. I wish the orange showed up a bit more because after two coats it looks a lot more red, but it's still really bright and different. One coat is too streaky, there's not enough pigmentation, but two is the perfect amount. I just used this with the black OPI crackle polish on top for "spooky" Halloween nails. Fun!

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

this is such a gorgeous color and so perfect for fall. indoors, it's less of a rusty orange and leans to a more warm orangish-red and looks so pretty.

LOVE this color!! "Deutsch" You Want Me, Baby? is an OPI: Germany collection nail polish of 2012, so I got a couple colors from this collection. I like the more classic tones, so this one appealed to me. This color is a fiery orange-red with golden undertones- very gorgeous and bold, perfect for fall! I am surprised at the quality- I am probably wrong here, but the quality is much improved from earlier OPI's. The drying time was really fast, and it was possible to get excellent color payoff with only two coats, although I used three. Also, it was not thick when I put it on, and when it dried, it had amazing shine even without a top coat! I am highly impressed. It was a bit on the pricier side of polishes, $9 at Ulta, but I am fine with paying from great quality! Ich liebe diesen Nagellack! (Sorry, I know some German :3)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

from the German collection, this colour epitomises fall/autumn for me. i was super excited to find this. i am not shy to wear brights on my nails so this was not an issue for me. i love how the colour is so deep & intriguing to look at. application was good & 2 coats alone will give excellent coverage. a glossy top coat really gives extra depth & dimension. i could even use this on my toes in summer. i think it would look super on bronzed skin. highly recommended!
I have changed my review to 5 lippies as I adore this colour more & more. I have received so many comps on this colour it's unbelievable!

I was really excited about this color, since I thought it would be the perfect fall/thanksgiving/halloween color for me. Although application etc was fine, I ended up not liking it on my nail as much as I had anticipated. To be fair though, I have never really worn orange on my nails before, which might contribute to it. For me, having this on all of my nails was just too orange.

However I haven't quite given up on it yet. I think it would make a good polish for stamping/nail art with a black for a halloween theme, or with a fall red (maybe orange and red leaves?) for a thanksgiving manicure.

In short, if very orange colors work for your skin tone and you like that look this is a very pretty orange, but it is definitely not a look everyone can pull off (sadly). For me, Berlin there done that and Germanicure have been the better options from this collection.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this shade to be a lovely, fiery, wearable orange. The finish has great dimension to it, much like a foil or metallic, but without the streaks. It also avoids being glittery and gel-like (IMO the downfall of China Glaze's "Riveting" from their Capital Colors collection). Red/orange nails seem retro to me, but the finish really updates it and makes it modern and fun. On week 2 of my pedi and it's lasting fine. Just added a top coat of "Only Gold for Me" and the hex glitter makes it a bit on the wild side :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Deutsch You Want Me Baby is one of the OPI Germany 2012 collection. This color is a burnt redish orangy color. It has very fine glitter and the finish is shimmery foil. Very pretty. Under flouroscent light, this color is more orangy. Under natural sunlight, it has more of a red tone in it and it looks very foil. I really love this color. I think the silvery sheen adds the foil finish to it.
Application is a breeze. Really easy to apply and two coats will make it completely opaque. I have heaps of OPI burnt orange color and I guess this is the one I like most so far. It goes well to work or even going out to a beach or to a ball. It's great for all seasons. I will buy this color again. Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This polish it gorgeous. It has a "lit from within" glow to it that makes it look so lively. The shade is a nice reddish orange with light shimmer that is perfect for fall. It is opaque with one coat, but I always do at least two for good measure :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Deutshch you want me baby is a nice shimmery burnt orange shade that applies evenly and smoothly. It looks great with only one coat; however, I used two. It has a wide brush that was a little difficult for me to use for a pedicure but for a manicure it's great.

Popular Polishes