Make Up Academy (MUA) Professional Eye Primer

Make Up Academy (MUA)  Professional Eye Primer
Professional Eye Primer

ISODODECANE, TALC, CERA ALBA, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have oily eyelids and this is OK. In the UK this is £2.50. You can't really go wrong for the price. I reviewed several drugstore primers from boots and this came last however it is better than nothing. If your looking for a place to start with makeup, then this is great. If your looking for a good product that is really worth it, this probably isn't for you. The texture is smooth and it is skin coloured but it does not cover any veins etc on your eyelids. This doesn't crease which is good but otherwise it does not last very well. In the UK you can now get NYX and so a great recommendation would be the NYX HD eye primer and that works amazingly well. I don't think I would buy this again purely because there are better alternatives out there

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. My eyelids aren't particularly oily and I usually don't have too much trouble making my eyeshadow stay on, but this actually makes them *more* oily, and I find I end up with just a dark line where my lid creases within a few hours.

On the other hand, it does a good job at colour-correcting my lids, and does actually make colour shadows a lot more vibrant and pigmented.

I haven't tried other eyeshadow primers - too pricey for me, and never really felt the need - so can't compare. But at the end of the day, this product does the job fine if what you want is a bright look with colours that pop for just a few hours - say, for an evening or event. Just don't expect it to still be on your face after you wear it all day.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is amazing. It corrects the colouring and pigmentation of my eyelids and makes the eyeshadow last all day. I find the colour of whatever eyeshadow I wear is intensified as well.

After reading good reviews about this product i decided to try this but was sadly disappointed. Some days I find it helps my eyeshadow to stay on longer, but most day my eyeshadow seems to crease by mid-day after putting this on - although the texture of the product is nice and creamy, it just doesn't do anything for me unfortunately.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is amazing I went to london for the day and this kept my eyeshadow on for over 12 hours and still looked great would continue use this and great price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I first purchased this primer about 3 years ago and it was potentially the best eye Primer I'd ever used. It was similar to UDPP but not as Drying on my lids. My eye makeup literally stayed on morning night. I then wasn't able to find this anywhere until about 6 months ago when I found it was repackaged for the same price so I stocked up. I was hoping the formula would be the same but it's not :(. I knew it was too good to be true :(. With the new formula, my eyeshadow creases within 30 mins and they're oily again! Please bring back the old formula it was great!! :(

on 8/4/2013 6:32:00 PM

Tried this because of the low price and the good reviews, but didn't help for my oily, hooded lids at all. Creased within the hour, works on my friend who bought one too though, I just seem to have very picky eyelids!

Still on the look out for the working eyeshadow base.

on 3/21/2013 11:12:00 AM

For the price, easily on a par with Urban Decay's Primer Potion; and I personally prefer the packaging. A little goes a long way!

on 3/27/2013 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I haven't tried UD - but I really like this primer. Also good for under the eye - makes concealer stick without settling into lines. Plus the price is spectacular.

on 4/11/2013 8:53:00 AM

I love this item. I have this and the Urban Decay Primer potion and I would say that this is just as good. Makes my eyeshadow stay on all day long with no crease or fading. Super product highly recommended!